“Good and simple Dinner ”

Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina
Ranked #198 of 11,259 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: We're Bangkok's oldest and best loved Mexican restaurant. For 25 years, we've been providing top quality food and drinks to locals and tourists alike. Great for parties or dates. We recently moved to a newer, bigger location close to the Asoke junction on Sukhumvit Soi 19. We have a Kids' Curfew after 8.30pm. The restaurant becomes more like a bar and it's not suitable for young children. Last orders for food is 11pm
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Food was great, service was good and atmosphere was good as well.
Would recommend it to anyone who wants to try something different!

2  Thank Vishen M
CharleyBrowns, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Vishen

Thanks for your review.... It sounds like you enjoyed your visit.

Hope to see you again soon

Best Regards

Charley Brown.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I’m not sure if it was the restaurant intention or else but the appearance of Nacho Supreme i got was totally different from what i saw in the picture. In the picture, it looks so good and yummy that's why i decided to order the dish. However, what i got from food by phone was seem like the restaurant gathering the food left from many customers and delivered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's absolutely disappoint me because i paid nearly 500 THB to get the dish that looks awesome as well as its taste but i got the food seem like it was left over from somebody.

Although the food's appearance was very poor , the taste was still ok .................... This made me surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This comment is for improvement so the restaurant manager should take it to his consideration.

CharleyBrowns, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Oah B

Sadly, the problems you encountered were at the hands of the delivery company - Food by Phone.

Once the food has left my kitchen it's impossible to make sure nothing untoward happens. Your food may have been roughly handled or the delivery guy may have had an accident or dropped your order.

The nachos in the restaurant are awesome... a big heap of crispy corn chips smothered in shredded chicken or beef, refried beans, spicy salsa, melted cheese, sour cream and jalapenos.

There's a picture of them in the gallery above (I'm getting hungry just thinking about them!)

Having messaged you about the cost, your criticism seems aimed at the wrong company.

Charley Brown's sells nachos at 210 baht a portion. Your breakdown of 'nearly 500 baht' includes an extra big delivery fee (since you live far away), a green tea (which we don't sell) and VAT which we also don't charge extra for.

Your rationale is that the TOTAL cost for the nachos is 'nearly 500 baht'. However, that's like including the cost of a taxi and a Coke on the way over to eat in the restaurant. I once had a pizza that cost me nearly $1200!!! (Of course, I had to fly to Venice to eat it first...)

If you want to taste Mexican food that looks AND tastes great, please stop by the restaurant and try it in-store, I'm sure you'll find it less expensive and more delicious than having it delivered.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Extremely tasty Mexican food, strong cocktails and a warm, friendly atmosphere. What more could anybody want! A great place to eat and drink on one of the liveliest streets in Bangkok! Highly recommended.

1  Thank ianrossmanchester
CharleyBrowns, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Mr Ross

Thank you for your review - very appreciated.

We're glad you enjoyed all aspects of your experience here.

I remember your visit well, since I've never had such an in depth conversation about the failings of Manchester United manager, David Moyes before.

Hopefully by the time you return to Bangkok, Moyes will be out and all will be well with you.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I ate here 2 days ago based on recommendations by a friend.

First of all I have to commend the owners on the excellent service, the staff were very fast, attentive and super friendly (the two I dealt with were Philippino and super friendly). I only popped in for a snack so I had the beef and the chicken taco, soft shell. The beef taco was good, the chicken was a little less exciting but still decent. The complimentary chips and salsa were a nice touch too. My margarita could have done wiht some more lime in it but thats just me, I like bitter stuff.

All in all a good experience and a lot better than many mexican places I have tried in Asia!

CharleyBrowns, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Ghostkarma

Thanks for your review - I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Sounds like everything was good barring the margarita. It's VERY unusual for anyone to feel disappointed by our margaritas as can bee seen by the other reviews.

However... and I will continue to say this until my last breath... why didn't you SAY something when you were in the restaurant??! Our bartender squeezes around 2000 limes a day by hand. Behind the bar is a huge container of freshly squeezed lime juice. Had you mentioned to one of my amazing staff that you wanted more lime in your margarita, we would have been happy to add some.

"Ask and ye shall receive."

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A very convenient restaurant in Soi 11. Many bars and restaurants around. The staff was very kind, polite and professional. They propose a very good selection of mexican food. The margarita cocktail is great. Good job !

1  Thank massa25
CharleyBrowns, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Massa25

Many thanks for the review. Charley Brown's has always had good staff, however the team I have right now is the best I've ever had! Everyone is experienced, speaks good English and has a friendly personality.

Glad you enjoyed your visit. Look forward to seeing you again soon.