“Value for money with excellent service and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Neijiang Hotel

Neijiang Hotel
Ranked #268 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for money with excellent service and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was kinda skeptical when I first booked Neijiang as I am very surprised with the rates I am quoted. They do not require deposit, so it is a risk. All I was required to do was to call 3 days in advance to confirm my stay with them. The room was really very clean and spacious! We paid approximately 70 per night. They do provide breakfast every morning (room service) and they will hang outside our door if we didn't answer the door. But I would advise tourists to not rely too much on the breakfast provided. There's better and nicer food on the streets of taiwan. The staff at the reception is really very friendly and helpful. The only bad experience I encountered was; the cleaner who clean our room actually dump my boots in between the small space of the wall and my luggage which created a dent/crack in it. It was a new boots that I just bought, if it wasn't because the boots are cheap, I would have lodge a complain. Other than that, I enjoy my 7d6n stay at neijiang. If I am to go to Taiwan again, I would prefer to try out other hotels.

Room Tip: If you need a lot of space to dump your luggage, especially when Taiwan is such a good place to shop...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Calista L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

It's my 2nd stay here and everything remained the same. I like this hotel because it's walking distance to station, hotel staff is friendly and always helpful, clean and convenient. For the amount of price i'm paying, i definitely wont hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank PinkyPrincess
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We stayed in Neijiang Hotel for 4 nights in a quad room. The room is spacious and is definitely value for money. It is a short walk to the Ximen Station if you cut through the Red House. Convenient stores are located less than 5 minutes walk away. The staffs are very courteous and helpful. Breakfast is sandwich and a packet of juice, which is quite tasty. The only concern is that it can be quite noisy due to the traffic outside, as our room is at the second floor. Nevertheless, we are quite okay with that. Overall it is a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Coffee666
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I just came back from Taipei and stayed 6 nights at Neijiang Hotel. The hotel is conveniently located to Ximen Station, it takes 5 mins to walk to the station via Neijiang St, much more convenient to walk this way rather than cut through the shopping area at Ximending.

We took the Freego Bus from Tao Yuan International Airport. Cost was for roundtrip NT$260. It really stops right outside the hotel. Super convenient as we had a lot of luggage with us. Just tell the bus driver that you want to stop there and he will inform you when he stops. The return trip back to the airport, there will be a normal shuttle bus that will pick you up right from outside of the hotel door. You will need to change to the coach bus later.

The breakfast was pretty good for a budget hotel, sandwiches were freshly made every morning and you can tell the hotel staff what time you want the breakfast, they will hang it outside your door. It comes with a packet of juice. I had this everyday for 6 days. Pretty alright for me and my partner.

For the price you pay here, it's really clean, cheap and convenient! The toilets and bedsheets are also clean. There's a hot water flask provided in the room so you can have hot drinks or cook cup noodles. Although plenty food stalls are also readily available all around the hotel. Basic toiletries are provided, toilet is spacious also.

I stayed at 2 different rooms, one was facing inside without a view... It was pretty quiet at night. The other was on a higher floor and was facing the road, can be abit noisy at night, if you are a light sleep, you might want to request for the inside room instead. As the street noise can be quite distracting.

Perfect place to stay though, staff was super friendly and helpful with giving directions also. Definitely will be back to stay here when I'm in Taipei again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank snah55
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

Getting there: Our flight landed around 5:30pm and by the time we cleared customs, it was around 6pm. There wasn't any direct bus to Ximending after 5pm, so we took Guo Guang Ke Yun to Taipei Main Station and changed to taxi (NT120 to XMD).

Getting around: Quite close to Ximen MRT station, 5 min walk (yes, I timed it) to Carrefour. Convenient!

Room: Light stench but cleared quickly - just need to switch on aircon for ventilation. Cleanliness acceptable, quite good.

Breakfast: Sandwich and packet of fruit juice. Didn't really like the sandwich, found it a tad dry.

Noise: Negligible. (Room on second floor, window opens to small alley next to hotel)

Check-in: Hassle free

Air-conditioning: No problem, not centralised system. Air-con will be switched off by cleaning staff. When we were out, we usually left it on fan mode to keep ventilation in the room. Alternatively, we switched on exhaust fan in the toilet for room ventilation.

Price: 2 pax room without jacuzzi, weekend (fri - sun) NT1680, weekday (mon - thu) NT1480

Travelled with mum.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. However, as I had been staying at Future Star Hotel for my previous few trips, I did miss Future Star's proximity to the MRT station. Future Star is also cheaper than Neijiang. For comparable prices, I can stay in the best room in Future Star but only the cheapest room in Neijiang. The plus points for Neijiang are that the elevator stops at every floor and it is closer to Carrefour (happy mum).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank autumnwindz
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

It is quiet near to Ximen MRT, very near to Red HOuse. Just downstair got a lot of nice food to eat. The room is small but got everything. Yes, the breakfast just one sandwich and one packed juice. For girl is enough but guy I don't think so. It was nice oh. The price also slightly cheaper compare to other hotel in that area. . Only morning a bit noisy because along the street. Worth to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank fionsaw
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed in Neijiang for 5 nights and we booked 2 rooms. On the 1st day, we arrived at 2.30pm and was told that room will only be ready by 3pm. We came back at around 3.15pm and only 1 room is ready to check in. The guy at the counter told us another room will be ready in 30mins. We checked with the counter again at 4.30pm, another room is still not ready!!

Their aircon is centralized aircon. On the 1st night, they switched off the aircon at 3am+ and when I called the counter, they told me cos somebody requested to off it. And I needa to open the window if I feel hot. For subsequent nights, I will wake up sweating and open the window. I understand the temperature is cold.. but, w/o the aircon, the room is stuffy. Or one should actually open the window and sleep even the aircon is on.. so there will still be ventilation in the room.

Breakfast is the same everyday.. sandwich + packet drink.

Location is near to Xi Meng MRT station. Just 5mins away. And there is a 24hrs laundry services just opposite the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family