“I had nasty bed bug bites!”
Review of Miyi Hotel

Miyi Hotel
Ranked #358 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed in Miyi Hotel with my family and we all had very bad bed bug bites on our first night. The next day when I complained about the bed bugs problem, all I had was only an exchanged of room and nothing else was offered. Its a fairly new small hotel and I definitely don't expect the bed condition is so badly maintained! Our legs are so badly bitten by bed bugs, its so itchy and I don't know how long it takes to recover! I will definitely will not recommend anyone to stay this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013
12  Thank Fiona T

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel is pretty easy to find but can be quite a walk. From Taipei Main Station MRT, go to exit Z4 (shin kong mitsukoshi) then it's 3 minutes walk from there.

We arrived after the 3pm check-in time but one of our room wasn't ready yet. 30 mins later, the front desk called to notify us that the other room was ready and asked us to collect the key. We went to the other room and noticed the strong cigarette smell. We went back to the front desk and asked for another room. We turned down their suggestion of using an air purifier because the smell would still be on the fabric (my wife is allergic to cigarette smoke). We also didn't get an explanation when we asked why we got a smoking room when we specifically booked for a non-smoking one. In the end, we had no choice but to downgrade to a room without window (no compensation was offered) but we had to wait again.

We were then told to collect the key again when the room was ready. The whole time we felt as though the hotel was doing us a favor accommodating our 'request'. Sure the staff apologized but it seemed more out of training then them being sorry.

Other than that, the rooms were comfortable and modern looking. Toiletries and towels are provided. Complimentary wired internet and wifi seems to be the norm for hotels in Taiwan.

The complimentary breakfast is on the unhealthy side with chicken nuggets and fries. At least the coffee is nice and there were packet drinks and sandwiches you can take anytime. You are better off eating the numerous delicious local fare around the area.

Overall, I think it is a pretty okay place to stay with the nice room and good location. And while we didn't expect a great service from hotel of this standard, is it too much to ask for a non-smoking room, which we have already booked and paid upfront, to be exactly that?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank g7corda
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for three nights after coming back from Hualien. Requested for a room with windows but unfortunately ended up with a window-less room (first come first serve basis, which is understandable).
Location is good, simple breakfast is also quite pleasant, hotel staff are helpful and friendly as well.
Sound proofing is terrible, with next room's water flowing sound as loud as you can imagine and disturbed our sleep when the 'neighbour' was taking a shower. Bad odour came from the drain hole in the bathroom, and the exhaust fan in the bathroom isn't strong enough to suck it out. My room has no window and I have to bear with the odour from time to time, I suspect it's due to trapped air pocket in the piping.
Overall it's a pleasant stay especially it's very convenient, but for the price I paid I know there's better option in the vicinity too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the hotel. Location is great, less than 10mins walk Taipei Main Train Station (MRT). There 2 convenient store (7-11 & Family Mart) just opposite the hotel. There also a 24hrs waston store operating as well. There a foot massage, bakery store along the road as well.

The room is clean the only bad thing we can think of is there is no window in the room however we are fine with in as most of the time we are out. Breakfast is serve at Level 7. Lift serve up to level 6 (no Level 4 in the hotel) so you have to climb up one level. Breakfast is simple but nice.

Definitely will be staying at this hotel if we visit Taipei again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xiaoblur25
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed there for a night. We reached the hotel before the check in time, hence we left the luggages at the concierge. The friendly staff invited us to wait at the cafe for check in. The cafe was cosy and provided with free flow of drinks and LCD TV, hence we sat back and relax while waiting for the room to be ready.
The room was clean, quiet and reasonably size for 2 persons. The bed was comfy. The bathroom came with bathtub and basic amenties. We were also delighed with the complimentary snacks provided in the room. Too bad we spent most of the time shopping in Taipei and didn't have much time resting in the room.
The breakfast was simple - nuggets, sausages, toast, sandwiches, coffee, tea etc. We felt that these were good enough.
The location of the hotel was very convenient, 5 - 10 mins walk to Taipei Main Station. It was also very easy to get a taxi outside the hotel if you wish to. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who travel to Taipei.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank thecancer
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from the Taipei Main Station. It is very convenient and accessible to HSR and TRA (if you are travelling to other parts of Taiwan). McDonalds, 7-Eleven and other eateries are just located nearby. Hotel provides simple breakfast, i.e. sandwich, nuggets and sausages. Staff is very friendly, ever ready to assist you with reservation/accommodation enquiries. An excellent choice for travellers who wants a decent and reasonably-priced hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank LJM_1984
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have tried to reserve a room at Miyi Hotel in May 2012. However, the rooms weren't opened for booking. Thus, I emailed Miyi Hotel and one of their staffs, Eric, gave me a call to clarify the queries that I have emailed and promised to inform me once the reservation begins. True to his word, he emailed me once the booking opens. In addition, he has been very patient with the many questions that I have asked. I am more than satisfied with Eric's service and cheers to Miyi hotel for having such a great staff!

I love the location of Miyi Hotel! It is situated 5 minutes away from Shinkong Mitsukoshi Department Store, roughly 10 minutes away from Taipei Main Station and Taipei West Bus Terminal (Kuokuang bus terminal). Convenience stores such as 7-Eleven, Family Mart and OK Mart can be found around Miyi Hotel. In addition, if you are craving for bubble tea, Share Tea is less than 10 minutes away.

I had arrived earlier than check-in time and was pleased that the room is ready for us to check-in (We happen to travel during the low season). From previous correspondence with Miyi Hotel, I understand that Economy room and Superior Room do not have a window. We had booked Classic Room for our stay and the room is great! I am pleased with the size of the room as it is bigger than I have expected, and the room comes with a bathtub. Room is clean and amenities such as shower foam and shampoo are being replenished daily. In addition, coffee, tea and bottled mineral water are being provided. I was surprised that Miyi Hotel even provides complimentary snacks such as onion rings in the room for guests! It is rare that hotel provides complimentary snacks in room as it would have been considered bar items and would have been charged.

Breakfast at Miyi Hotel is simple. It consists of a sandwich, toasted bread, nuggets and sausages. Coffee making machine is available. It wasn't the best that you can get for breakfast, but we were glad that breakfast is being provided as we have stayed in hotels which don’t provide breakfast. It is good enough for us to fill our stomach and get ready for our tour for the day.

The staffs at Miyi Hotel are very friendly and they will try their best to help you with queries. You can even leave your luggage at the concierge if your room isn't ready for check-in or after you have check-out to do some last minute shopping around the area.

Note: Wifi is provided at Miyi Hotel

Room Tip: Dining area for breakfast is located at the seventh floor which is not accessible by lift. Guests wi...