“Very Disappointed!”

Hansome Business Hotel Taipei
Ranked #445 of 584 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed May 11, 2011

After reading some comments in this website, I decided to choose Han She. To be frank, it was not expensive at all. However, had I known the conditions of that hotel, I would have spent a bit more money and stayed in a better hotel.
The hotel was a bit run-down. Our spirits were completely dampened when we saw the exterior of the hotel. The entrance to the hotel is in a side alley, which is dark, wet, dirty and smelly. Perhaps, the best part of the hotel is its reception hall. It is small but very beautifully decorated. However, once you finish the check-in and are on you way to your room, you will immediately notice something strange with the hotel. Watch your steps, not every corridor in the hotel is even. There were very big bumps in some corridors. My friend's room was on the 6th floor. Beside his room, there were some other privately owned flats (Yes, they do not belong to the hotel). Watch out when you walk past them, their dogs may bark at you! If you look at the pictures provided by the hotel and think their rooms are okay, think twice. Some rooms are entirely different from those shown in their website. I don't want to say too much about that room. All I want to say is that my friend asked for a different room the next morning. I stayed in a double room. It was not big. The biggest problem with it was that throughout my stay, I felt itchy. I was not sure of the reason. I asked them to clean up the room thoroughly. Still, it didn't solve the problem. I suspected there were some bugs in the room. If you get up very late and miss the breakfast, don't feel sorry. You don't miss much.

Room Tip: Go to somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank milanolarry

Reviewed March 26, 2011

We have stayed for 3 nights, thinking to extend the stay since we have a 7D6N plan in taiwan, BUT didn't, because there's many more choices of hotel out there!

Not really fantastic as
1) Location - its a 10min walking distance from mtr.
2) there is no main entrance, but a side entrance instead, a small narrow alley.
3) breakfast is as good as NOT having, because variety is limited, tables & chairs are limited too, we had ours else where, because having a nice breakfast is a good start of the day, wouldn't want a lousy one!
4) wireless internet - no signal, strange thing is different counter staff, different attitude! we have ask the night duty staff regarding the WIFI, but she can reply that signal is weak, and we can ask for the Lan cable the next day. When next day morning, another nice staff (Miss Gao) attended to our request, and took a cable from the cupboard JUST WITHIN the recept area! Since it is so easy to get the cable, why can't the night duty staff give it to us? Zzzz....

Value for money because
1) good food just by the side of hotel.
2) room with LCD tv, many chinese variety channels, japan, english channels as well (more than 100)
3) hotel room is clean & neat without much facilities.

Overall, we think a good location hotel with standard facilities and standard customer service is important, because you going to walk & shop for the entire day, and your legs gonna break if still need to walk from mtr to hotel. Therefore, think twice and spend a little more $$$ if you can, to get something more worthwhile. Not going to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Authmn
Reviewed February 2, 2011

This hotel is less than 10 minutes walk from the Ximen metro station so most of Taipei is easily accessible from it. It is in a busy area with loads of international chain stores on the doorstep; bars and cinemas are all in walking distance. I didn't find it first time because it is tucked down a side alley and I could not see a sign in English - if you walk past the store that customises mopeds you've gone too far. Look for the side-alley covered in wooden planks and window boxes.
When I arrived I was offered a choice of two rooms. I chose to have a room with no window on the reception floor. The bathroom was a bit dated but clean and well-provisioned.
The bed and TV were both large; bed was a bit hard for Western tastes but I slept quite well. The room had a large wardrobe, fridge (which was a bit hum-y), and a very comfortable chaise. The lack of window meant the air could be a bit stale without the air -con running. There was no safe.
I stayed here for 6 nights and found the hotel to be very good value for money. The food at breakfast was simple but tasty. The staff, who seemed to be all-female, were very friendly and helpful. I felt safe staying here, although I am a woman travelling alone.
The room was clean and nicely furnished. It is not a luxurious hotel but it is an extremely good choice for people looking for good budget choice who are happy to forgo mod-cons like a business centre and pool.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank VLP
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stay 3 nite over there, is good experience as friendly staff, n helpful informations from there.
Good locations near by Ximending, and MRT station of Ximen.
Rooms hv wide plasma tv, and mineral waters and 3 in 1 coffee and teas prepared for u to boil for drinks.
Is direct beside of Olympic Bread store road, from opposite XImen exits 1 straight walk.
Simple breakfast, dun expect too high but anyway still very nice breakfast which are homely taiwanese breakfast, nice bread wt ham n cheese,coffee and milk but make sure go early, no much dishes after 930am (close on 10am)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank eva_yanyan
Reviewed December 31, 2009

My family had booked a luxurious family suite for 4 perons in the hotel. When we asked the taxi driver to drive us to the location, the driver laughed and commented that we were so clever to find a hotel that he had never heard of. However, with directions I read from Tripadvisor, we more or less guided the driver to the gereral direction. When we alighted from the taxi, we had a little problem locating the lane. We didn't realise till later that there was a huge sign 'Han She' on top of the roof which could be seen from afar.
My heart sank when we walked into what seemed like a backlane and came to a medicore looking entrance. Fortunately, the small lobby at the 4th level didn't look too sloppy. The corridors leading to the rooms were pretty narrow and I wasn't expecting much from it. When we checked in, we were given a rectangular room (Room103) which I found rather claustrophobic because the space between the ends of the 2 queen beds (sited side by side) and the wall was pretty narrow and there was not much room to move. After inspection, I asked for a change of room as I had read in the Tripadvisor that one of the guests had done so and the lady told us to view another room(Rm105). Although according to the floorplan, Rm 105 seems to be a little smaller but as it is a square room, it seemed less cramp so we took it.
Rm 103 had a shower in the bathroom but Rm 105 had a big deep tub which my kids loved. Rm 107 is the largest followed by Rm106 but the room rate are of course much higher. We paid about S$154 per night for it through priceline.com but I heard from my colleague that if we were to call them up, we could actually bargain for a cheaper rate than what was advertised It seems that this is how Taiwan hotels work.
During my 4 nights stay there, there was basically nothing to complain about. The things that other reviews mentioned were still provded. However, unlike the previous reviews, breakfast was at the hotel's little dining room, buffet-stye. Don't expect much though. Bread and jam, coffee and fruit seemed to be the staples and the Chinese choice varied with porridge or noodles and some side dishes. The food was not great but filling.
We walked past the shophouses and reached Ximenting in less than 5 minutes. The cleanliness of the rooms was something that I appreciated. I was even tempted to ask the chambermaid what she used to clean the bathroom tiles such that they looked so clean and well-maintained. A sanitizer was provided at the lift entrance and they even fumigated the room when the guests checked out! Not sure if other hotels do that too but it was the first time I saw it being done and I was suitably impressed. I would definitely stay there without any hestiation if I were to visit Taipei again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Takeall
Reviewed February 23, 2009

The location of the hotel is excellent.. 4mins away from xi menting mrt station, lots of food to eat around the hotel.
the hotel staff know nuts on taipei.. better off asking the taxi driver when u take taxis..
its cost abt NT$100 from taipei station to the hotel.. tell taxi driver cross section of chengdu n kunming rd.. they will know.. look out for Olympia Bakery. i travelled with 2 young kids.. so its more convenient to move ard in taxis.. took bus from airport to taipei station, n a cab to hotel.. no sweat! i got the room 603.. its has 2 double bed joined as 1 so its asuper king size. great for a family of 4. the reception was a little stiff on my check out time.. as my flight home was 8pm, i asked for late chk out.. she told me i had to pay NT$300 for extra hr.. then i met another lady who allowed me to check out at 1pm! they are able to hold yr luggages at the hotel at no charge.
feel that they shld allow flexibility since the rooms were not booked after us..

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank toffeeclub
Reviewed September 7, 2008

3 of us from Malaysia planned our own 8-days tour in Taipei for the 1st time. And we've chosen Han She hotel near Ximending area. We stayed there for the 1st 3 days then check-out to Xinbeitou, Keelung & Jiufen and return to Taipei again. And we've decided to choose & stay in HanShe Hotel again for our last 3 days 2 nights stay. The receptionist was very kind and gave us the 2-queen sized bed bedroom without charging us extra! (cos we are on budget trip!), and the room was fantastic & spacious! And all staff there were very friendly & kind, and we were the 1st malaysians there, i guess! anyway, keep up the good job Han She Hotel! We will be back.. soon!!

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)