“Great staff, location and atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Walkers' Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taipei
Walkers' Hostel
Ranked #50 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Taipei
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great staff, location and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Awesome place with the friendliest staff ever! The hostel is in the middle of Taipei, next to an MRT station and a 7-11. It has all the necessary facilities. The living room gives it a home-like atmosphere and a great opportunity to make friends from all over the world. Will definitely stay there again next time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
pyqueenie, 經理 at Walkers' Hostel, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
Thank you! It is also our aim to create a homey atmosphere! Welcome to your 2nd home in Taipei! =)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

The staffs here are nice and helpful. It is so near to MRT station with just 1 min on foot. And can meet new friends from different countries and spend a day together. Wonderful vacation !!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
pyqueenie, 經理 at Walkers' Hostel, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and hope you will come back to Taipei soon! =)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Willie and his staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great as it's very close to the subway station. The hostel feels like home and it's easy to talk to other travelers. The dorm is not big but it's ok. It's the only hostel I have ever stayed in that I can use the washing machine and dryer for free!!! I like this hostel so much that I went back the following week and stayed for a night before leaving Taiwan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pyqueenie, 經理 at Walkers' Hostel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We also love our washing machine and dryer haha! =) You're always welcomed to come back!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

When I stayed at Willie's hostel, I was only planning on remaining there for a few days. I was thinking of moving to Taiwan in order to teach English, and so I thought I'd stay at a hostel, check out the local scene, and find somewhere to move. Willie proved so knowledgable, the international guests so friendly, and the location so convenient, that I actually ended up staying at Walkers' Hostel for a whole month!

Every morning I would wake up and ask Willie what I should do that day. We'd chat about potential outings while I slurped down his coffee and noshed on his complimentary jam and toast. He pointed me to the best spots on the island, and encouraged me to take trips to places I'd never heard of, but ended up adoring and being fascinated with (the geological rock structures at Yehliu, the old city of Tainan, Taroko National Park, and a really sweet bike riding day trip in Taipei).

Willie tries incredibly hard to help everyone have the best trip they can, and he fosters a great atmosphere in his hostel. Most of the time I felt like I was back in college, hanging out in the common room, chatting up other guests about where they'd already gone and where they'd like to go. It's really easy to join up with other guests, whether they're a german businessman going for a bike ride or a group of Chinese college students taking a tour of local hotspots that were filmed in dramas.

I really can't say enough great things about Walkers' Hostel. You'll have to go there and experience it yourself :) Although I stayed there a couple of years ago, and I'm still friends with the people I met!

Room Tip: As a woman, I felt fine in the co-ed dorm-style room. So, don't worry about where you sleep :)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Vickie E
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

At first I chose this hostel because of the location (It's very close to Da'an MRT) but during my stay, I was really impressed with the staff. They are friendly and helpful. The room is clean and cosy. If I have a chance, I'd come back and stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sweetiezoe
pyqueenie, 經理 at Walkers' Hostel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing us for your stay! We are glad that you like here! We will work hard to enhance our service! =)
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

First of first, Willie and Queenie are very kind! They were willing to answer my silly questions (since went to Taiwan is my first experience, alone and I can't speak Mandarin at all) when I mailed them. I actually never been taken a dorm as my place to stay anyway, moreover, again, I was alone. But stayed at Walkers' Hostel really change my point of view and success to gain my confidence: that meeting new people always brought us to a new level of life! :)

Their place is totally convenient!There is 7-11 downstairs, couples of food restaurants (authentic foods and fast food) around also close to subway station (only take 3 mins). On my first day, I already felt that this place is very homeeeyyy :D

Bedroom, bed, bathroom, breakfast menu, everything were fine for me. I really enjoyed my times back then. I also had recommended this place to my friends TEE-HEE. Hope I could back here soon! :3

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pyqueenie, 經理 at Walkers' Hostel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We are glad that you liked our place and build up confidence for travelling alone or living in a dormitory with different people! Do come again when you come to Taiwan next time! =)
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Walker’s Hostel in Taipei has been my personal choice for hostels when visiting the city (on three separate vacations to Taiwan). No one hostel fits all travelers. For me, I prefer places with a good location, decent facility, and friendly environment.

Location: The hostel is literally about 30 seconds from door to Daan Station entrance. This can be important if you’re in Taipei when it’s hot, humid, raining and/or lugging around heavy luggage. The value also comes with time savings and convenience as Daan Station serves two subway lines (Brown & Red) and is well situated near several popular areas of Taipei city. Most are within 1-5 stops away which translates to 5-20 minutes from the hostel door to destined station.

Facility: I’ve stayed in both the 8-person (w/ lockers) and 2-person room. Both were clean and simple. The common area is a little small but cozy. When there are more guests hanging out, the space lends to starting conversations… Which in the evenings can get a little noisy if guests decide to drink and chat. It may be a good or bad thing depending on whether you like to meet and interact with others. Sleeping areas tend to be quieter if you need your own space away from all that. If you're in the 8-person room, expect a little street noise as it's against a larger road. The shared restrooms on the main floor are older and worn but decently clean. The upper floor restroom is only for females and newly remodeled so very clean. There’s also a washer and dryer that’s free. Aside that, only other point is that the hostel is on the second and third floor with a slightly narrow and steep staircase.

Experience: The workers are very friendly and helpful. They’ve been very considerate to me on my most recent trip arriving in Taipei with a broken ankle and wobbling on crutches. It’s noticeable that they invest themselves in caring for the hostel and guests. I’ve seen them help guests with luggage up the stairs, recommending places to visit and finding whatever information guests have questions about. The hostel also plans city excursions for those that might like to spend a day or evening with the owner/workers/fellow travelers. The owner is a welcoming and honest gentleman who is just as friendly as his workers. He really does make Walker's a warm and friendly environment where I’ve had great times making new friends over conversation and Taiwan beer.

Overall, I think this place is a great if you don't expect hotel quality amenities and sound proofing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jenner24
WillieChao, 業者 at Walkers' Hostel, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Haha, I enjoyed to have beer with you, thanks for your detailed description. It does help others to know us well.

Thank you very much.