“Fantastic view, very affordable”
Review of Maokong Gondola

and up
Tea of Taipei: Small-Group Tour with Taipei City Sightseeing
Ranked #5 of 565 things to do in Taipei
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I visited Taipei, Taiwan on a recent business trip. On a slow, sunny afternoon, I had the opportunity to get away and chose to ride the Gondola. I easily navigated the metro, exiting at the Taipei Zoo and walked a couple blocks to the gondola entrance. After a short line and paying the meager ticket fee, I chose a glass bottomed gondola. The heights were breath-taking and offered a fantastic view of Taipei. Many got off at the top to enjoy tea and other refreshments. Because I was by myself, I just jumped back on for the return trip. I have to say, for the money, the view is MUCH better than the one I saw from Taipei 101.

4  Thank Kimberly B
There are newer reviews for Maokong Gondola

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have only good things to say but to queue for the crystal cabin is somewhat... funny. Suggest to hop on to any cabin. Have fun!

1  Thank Halo_Crystal
Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was a great view but during Chinese New Year it is very busy. We rode this after going to a very crowded zoo. It was still nice to do.

2  Thank Lauren D
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Although I did not get to ride the Maokong Gondola until in the evening, the views of Taipei along the ride were still very cool. I can imagine that on a clear day the views would be even more spectacular.

In my opinion, The Maokong Gondola is best attraction ride and sightseeing tour you will ever get for under US$4.

To have an even better experience than I did I would recommend going up in the late afternoon then having dinner (for under US$4) near the Maokong Station or just walking around the area until dark.

Afterward take the ride back and enjoy the sparkling lights of Taipei down below as you climb and descend hills on your way back to the Taipei Zoo Station.

2  Thank DMBTraveler
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Beautiful views of the entir areas. There is a glass floor- great for looking at the "fern" that must be 10' wide. Walked from the top of the mountain down to the next stop. Beatiful walking on a two lane road. Lots of little tea houses all along the way. You can see the tea growing. Very breezy on the top! Take your camera and a jacket!

1  Thank marni_lynn

Been to Maokong Gondola? Share your experiences!