“a very fine hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beauty Hotels Taipei - Hsuanmei Boutique

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Beauty Hotels Taipei - Hsuanmei Boutique
Ranked #179 of 566 Hotels in Taipei
singapore
“a very fine hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

Very clean, delightful bathroom, quite romantic room deco and breakfast better than expected. MRT is quite distance if you don't mind the walking...I use taxi.
It was a very pleasant stay indeed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

We visited Taiwan from May 27th to June 8th. We got in on the 27th, and into our first room, there were a few things broken, jetted tub being the biggest thing broken. We then got moved to another room on another floor. We had to pack up and move all of our stuff again. New room was PRETTY small. Beds looked like they were like baby mattresses. My employee and I then decided to maybe upgrade to a bigger room. We went to downstairs and asked for a bigger room, They had one available. We asked how much more it would cost. Lady stated about 2200 dollars per night, how much total is that? Lady stated about 13000 nt (~422 USD) I remember this because I was going to pull out 13000 nt and pay the lady upfront. She stated to me, no you have to pay when you check out. Okay I can do that. We get moved into the new room, it is smuldering hot in the room. We called up downstairs, "its very hot in here, can you check it out" We then left, and someone came in and checked it out, and make it so the power is on 100% of the time. We came back was still pretty hot, and the guy said, "Give it a little while, should get better" We went to bed to wake up both soaking wet in bed from sweating. We called back down and stated there was problem still. they sent in about 3 people to come in and fix the rooms problem. after about 2-3 hours of fixing it, it finally started to work. The main thermostat now started to say it was 56c, so AC was on full blast 100% of the time. We both woke up in the middle of the night STONE cold. next morning, we call back up and I guess they had to unplug the thermostat to get it to work. So the guy plugged it back in. We had quite a few problems with the supplied internet at the hotel as well. plugs being bad etc. Come to check out I realize that it was actually 18000nt (~600 USD) When I explained to them, No the lady told me it was going to be 13000 nt. They quickly backed each other up, and threatened us, "We can look at the tape if you want" I would have done that, but I had to be at the air port in about an 45 minutes. So I didn't have time to have them check out the tapes. When we got home I noticed they actually charged my credit card twice, once for 611 USD, and another for 711USD. We also had some laundry that had to be done as well. a half load of normal wash and dry laundry, (NOT dry cleaned) cost us around 2600 NT $83 USD. So there were WHOA surprize laundry charges as well as charges for local calls. Our total checkout total was around 22000nt (711 USD)

If you want to not be nickle and dimed for everything your worth I'd suggest staying at a place like the Hyatt. Much less of a chance of you getting ripped off when you check out. I booked everything through hotels.com. There is not suppose to be hidden fees.

Good luck if you book this place.

Michael

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael W
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stayed for 6 days at Hsuan Mei Hotel while I was Taipei on my own. They assigned me a great room with jacuzzy on the sixth floor. Breakfast was delicious (eventhough I was not too adventurous to eat salads or meat in the morning). They helped me book my tours and allowed me to check-in earlier for a very small fee. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling solo!

Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

When my customer booked this for me, I was a little skeptical as it was a completely unheard of hotel. But as soon as I got there, I was very pleasantly surprised. The lobby was average, but when I got to the room, the design was nice and modern, the bathroom was great, and the bed was fantastic. The room was a little cramped though. They do have multiple sizes, and I think my customer had booked me in the most basic one. So there are options. But overall, very happy, especially for the price, back then at least.

The breakfast was included in the great price, and was quite a large spread. Hotel was centrally located, and easy to get around. Staff was also very friendly.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Rooms were a little too small
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rishidalal
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

We switched in to this hotel from another hotel near Ximen Ding and were absolutely blown away. The staff were friendly, the room was amazing and spacious for the price (not to mention the bathroom - which was HUGE), and while the location was not ideal, it was perfectly fine. A brisk 15 minute walk straight down Jian Guo Bei Road puts you at Zhongxiao Xin Sheng subway station on the main Taipei line. The buffet breakfast won't blow you away but they have everything you need. The complimentary internet speed was also great.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple