“Nice business boutique hotel but location wise is not very near mrt station”

Beauty Hotels Taipei - Hsuanmei Boutique
Ranked #217 of 584 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed at Hsuanmei Boutique hotel for 3nights in Sept 2011. Had a bit of difficulty finding the hotel as we went the longer route upon coming out of Songjiang Nanjing Station. Check in was smooth and seamless.Got a room on the 7th floor and could hear the sound of siren occasionally.Could not hear the noise from the corridor though so had no problem with sleeping overall.Bed was a king size bed(i think) in the Standard Suite and it was comfortable and not too hard. Room was big and clean.Toilet has both shower and a bath tub for jacuzzi. Only had breakfast on the first day and it was not too bad.Had quite a few variety of taiwanese food and western food for selection.
Though the location is a little bit far from the mrt station...around 10mins.I would recommend this hotel if there is a promo going on.I paid only NT2000 per night which is a good deal compared to other hotels since the room I had was relatively big.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank AhJie

Reviewed July 30, 2011

The check in procedure is smooth at the hotel reception. It's seen to be a 24 hr receiption counter, we alway see staffs around no matter how late we went back to the hotel.

We like the room because it is clean, modern and cosy, the hotel provides a decent variety, both asian and western breakfast however it is quite a distance from the nearest subway, around 10mins walk. Could be quite inconvenience especially a long tired tour in the city, we have trouble finding the hotel when we first reached Taipei.

It will be better if you can find a accommodation near the main station such as Taipei station, however it may won't be the same comfortable and price. It all depend what you want for the trip.

Room Tip: Get a taxi to your hotel when first locating the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Hotel is inconvenient for just about everything. There are no major transport links, no eateries or shops in the vicinity and the hotel faces an elevated highway. The room we had did not have a window so we couldn't tell if it was day or night and it got almost intolerable after a few hours. Staff seemed to do their jobs but were generally unfriendly. Breakfast buffet seemed like it was full of leftovers from the dinner buffet. There weren't many breakfast items available and coffee was pretty bad. For the price, there are better choices. We were going to stay longer, but checked out because we just didn't like the place.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank worldtraveller008
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nites with my extended family of 8 spread over 4 rooms. It is a boutique hotel, hence u don't get the huge crowds in the big hotels. There is only one lift, and it is kinda small, so sometimes it takes a while to get up or down. The hotel is clean, cozy , and the rooms are decent, well maintained, clean. I think the best thing about the rooms is the bathroom - they are usually spacious. Our family stayed in 4 rooms and none of the rooms are identical. The one I had was of the size expected of a standard twin room. But some of the other rooms were huge - maybe the size of a suite (but same price as a std twin!) While all the bathrooms were spacious, a couple of our rooms have jacuzzis in them with a TV. So u could just soak in the jacuzzi and watch your TV!
The reason I chose this hotel is that it was reasonably priced, hence overall, this hotel offers value for money (breakfast is inclusive). Location is not great - its not near any tourist sights and the nearest MRT station is quite a distance away.
There are some dining options near the hotel, but not plentiful.
But there is a shop just around the corner from the hotel which sells wonderful traditional Taiwanese pastries!
Hotel service is acceptable but not fantastic.
Overall a comfortable hotel if u don't mind the location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Checked into the Hsuan Mei yesterday and to our pleasure, we found the rooms very nice and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable so I got plenty of sleep. That said, the problem occurred the next morning when I went downstairs to eat breakfast (included with your stay).

I was not impressed with the quality of food but the real nightmare happened when I got back to the room after breakfast. I felt a little dizzy and went back to bed. When I woke up, I had the WORST case of food poisoning I've ever experienced. I was sitting on the toilet and vomiting at the same time for what seemed like an eternity.

When I told the hotel staff what happened, they didn't take ANY responsibility for their food and even charged me a late charge for staying past our check-out time of 1pm. I couldn't check out at that time because I was totally messed up.

All in all, if you are looking for a really nice room for good value, this place is fine but the service and food are horrible.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Nice and clean hotel to stay in while you are in Taipei. Clean and modern while still having a boutique feel to it. The staff were friendly and spoke decent english and helped us when we asked for directions and other questions. The elevator leading up to the rooms was very small and there is only one elevator as well. You could barely fit 4 people with luggages inside, and in the mornings it gets quite busy and you might have to wait for some time for it to come.

The room that we had was smallish, but cosy. I would say for Taiwan, its quite nice for the price. It comes with free WiFi and has a very clean and modern bathroom with bathtub/spa and shower as well. Breakfast is also included with you standard western and chinese style foods. Bottled water is provided for free in the room. There is a coin laundry machine located outside of the lobby on the ground floor as well.

The location of the hotel is questionable. From Taipei airport you have to catch a bus into downtown Taipei and then you have to walk some distance to get to the hotel. There is no near subway station so to speak. The nearest station is 10-15mins walk away. The hotel does offer a shuttle bus service to Taipei Main Station and other key locations. You have to book your spot on the bus the day before as seats are limited. Once you reach Taipei Main Station, you can catch the train to anywhere you like.

Overall, I think my stay at this hotel was enjoyable and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I think that this hotel is more suited to couple travellers and single travellers.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in September. I booked the superior room and got upgraded to deluxe room. Paid $250 AUD for 3 nightsLoved the bathtub and the room space. The receptionist are really helpful. Public transport is not that convenient, 15 minutes walk to mrt station, and a bit dark and quiet at night, but taxi in Taipei is anywhere, so it wont be a problem. The hotel have shuttle services to mrt station as well as Sogo department store, buyt please make sure to notify the receptionist the day before. Free internet includes on the rates as well as breakfast. Love the breakfast, the sandwich is fresh and many choices of breakfast for asian, or westerner, the sandwiches was fresh made, with lots varieties of fruits. definetely will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends