“Nice part of Taipei”
Review of Royal Biz Taipei

Royal Biz Taipei
Ranked #117 of 573 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed in Royal Biz for 2 nights. The rooms are large and comfortable. Great bathroom with separate shower stall. Comfortable bed. There is no good view out the window, but I didn't think it is important. Hotel breakfast is pretty standard and boring.

The hotel is in nice local neighborhood with a nearby morning street market
Many nice local street food available. The subway station is close-by. 7-11 just around the block.

Friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely be back next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
RoyalBizTP, 經理 at Royal Biz Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Pleased to know that you had a nice and comfortable stay at Royal Biz.. The hotel make it a point to change the breakfast dishes everyday. The food variety also depends on the number of different nationalities staying in the hotel. Thank you for your valuable comments! You are more than welcome to stay with us next time!

There are newer reviews for Royal Biz Taipei

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed four nights in the hotel and loved it. We had a clean and large room with a separate sitting area and a bedroom with a very large and comfortable bed (a good mattress is so important). The bathroom is excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful and the hotel offers free coffee and tea in the lounge. The hotel is near a MRT station and a branch of the Din Tai Fung restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We would like to thank you for all the good things that you have noticed inside the hotel and in the nearby area during your four nights stay. Hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

How I get there

I, was in Kaohsiung and I, used the Taiwan High Speed Rail to reach Taipei. I, took, train 142, a, 11.30AM train and it reaches Taipei at 1.06PM. This was followed by a transfer via the Red Line to Dongmen Station.

The Reservation Department had provided useful enroute information and they are as follows

“ Our hotel Chinese address: 台北市金山南路一段71號 and our hotel Chinese name is: 金來商旅,

Will you be arriving at HSR Taipei Station? If so, MRT station is also located in the same building of Taipei Main Station.
When you arrival at HSR, please kindly follow by the MRT (Metro) sign and take the RED LINE toward [Xiangshan象山] and exit at Dongmen station. Exit#1.
This RED LINE just connected a month ago, its more convenience now which may also take you to Taipei 101 building.

You may exiting from Exit #1 at Dongmen Station, Once you arrival to the ground level, please make it right turn on Jinshan St. Walk about 3~5 minutes you will see our hotel on your right hand side “

Do note at while at Taipei Main Station and waiting at the Red Line platform, there is actually two routes using the same platform, so make sure that the train goes to Xiangshan and not otherwise. This can be done by either reading the front or side panel of the train.

Do use Exit 1 as it has an upwards going elevator, only, although Exit 2 is nearer, but Exit 2 is staircase only. The walk to the hotel is short and sweet and you will pass the Dongmen market as well as an assortment of shops.

The 1st impression

The lobby was small, but the staff were attentive and polite. The check in was within 2 minutes, but I was asked to wait for 10 minutes, before going to my room, despite them, giving me, the keys. I did not ask them for the reason, but I presume that it was for them to place the fruit plate in the room. The staff also elaborated that I may take soft beverages and cookies in the lounge/dining area. A pleasant surprise as the place was nice and comfortable.

The Lounge/dining area.

A small elongated area, it is operational round the clock, so that you can get hot beverages and cookies. The cookies, which was in – house made, was so good that I enquired from the staff about buying some. The staff, Sharon, did asked the kitchen staff, but the cookies were not for sale, but promised to give me, some, before I check – out, which they did and I am grateful as they actually gave me two small packages. So, to “Sharon”, Thank You.

I, also note that there were power sockets below every table or just under the chairs/sofa. A nice thought for charging the phones and also the laptop.

An outdoor area for smokers is located next to the lounge and they also have two desktop PC for free usage. In all, I am happy that they have thought of the modern day traveler.

The room

I would consider it as being large, even after fitting in, a king size bed. The toiletries were good and ample. The bed is comfortable. There isn't a dedicated place to place my luggage.

I, noticed that they have a crane like device at the corner of the room and next to the window. It was for over the window DIY escape. I, hope, no guests will have ever to use them. The instruction was on the wall, but, with a strap under the armpit, would not be the best option, but it is still better than none. Maybe, a tightened harness would be an additional security, but then, it is a balance between time and safety.

The pleasant surprise in the room, is the small basket of complimentary snacks, which is basically, some crackers, biscuits and a few others. Of course, complementary, bottle of water and coffee/tea are available.

A notable item, is the 220V multi socket plug is next to the Taiwanese 110V socket. This means that, wherever you are from, there is a plug that will be suitable for your usage.

In the toilet, the bath enclosure is just the minimum size. Do note that there is fungal growth at the corner, which is sealed by silicone. The fungal can be seen as black patches. Also take precaution, if you hang your towels on the railing that also serves as a handle for opening the shower enclosure. You towel may tough the toilet bowel –hygiene concern.

I, find it difficult to hang my towel after using them. A simple hook, behind the door would be fine, but there were none. I, don’t think the laundry string that is across the small bathtub is for this purpose.

The daily fruit basket seems monotonous. I had only Mandarin orange, kiwi fruit and banana, every day. Although, they will replace, what you eat. Personally, I like them, although variety will be welcomed.

Daily newspaper is delivered. WIFi, may force you to use another ID, although both signals are listed as excellent. I, guess, the router is in that particular room.

The breakfast.

It was great, and the main menu changes, every day.

Tourist assistance at the reception

Umbrella were on loan and you have to sign for them. Not an issue to me. The hotel gave me, a map of surrounding and one item, was “Uncle Ma Sesame Bread “. It surprise me that the reception don’t know the exact location of the shop. They should train their staff. I, believed that it is located in one of the alley.

Otherwise, the hotel staff were able to assist the guest.

Would I stay in this hotel or recommend it to my friends – Yes

This is supposed to be a 3 Star hotel, but what it has is probably 5 Stars. There is no restaurants onsite and nobody will turn over your bed or place a chocolate on it. The linen were definitely new as they were white and fluffy. There is a gym at B1.

In all, there are 64 room, 8 per floor and mine is 301, probably a bad facing as it looks directly over the one car lane and into the hall of the neighbouring apartment. The neighbouring apartments are nearly as tall as the hotel. Also note that the window at the side of the tub also offer a view to the apartment or vice versa. Maybe, a front facing room would be better, but the reception says that my room is on the quieter side.

Also note that sound proofing may be lacking as I can hear the water sound from the next room

What about the staff.

Great, helpful and gives appropriate respect to the guest.

Room Tip: Room that faces the front would probably have a better view, but may be noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank tengkin
RoyalBizTP, 經理 at Royal Biz Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

We are very pleased that you have a pleasant experience during your stay at our hotel this March. Thank you for the good comments and valuable suggestions that you have mentioned.

The hotel will continue working hard to provide professional service and an international standard atmosphere for our valuable guests.

The hotel has room facing the big street. Please indicate your requirement on your next room reservation. We will try our best to satisfy the needs of every guest.

Looking forward to seeing you soon at Royalbiz, and give us a chance to be at your service!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Posted Mar 03, 2014
Pros: everything was perfect!
Location: it is in Taipei in the Da-an district, so there are all the city attractions, restaurants & shopping
This was our first night in Taiwan, and it was a wonderful experience! The front desk staff folks were really nice, and spoke English well. The room was wonderful; they upgraded us at no charge to a King suite which had a sitting area separate from the bedroom. The bathroom was very nice with all the amenities, coffee maker & water bottles. The bed was very comfortable, and we had a great first night's sleep. We got a price that included breakfast, and it was one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever experienced! I am used to standard American breakfast fare, so was pleasantly surprised at the variety of foods on the menu, and it was so good! I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was a 5 star experience in my opinion!

Room Tip: Superior suite king room was amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We are glad that you had a wonderful experience on your first night at Royalbiz Taipei, and discovered many good things in the nearby area.

Thank you very much for all the compliments and personal opinion that you have made.

You are most welcome to stay at our hotel again!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

After staying at a number of different hotels throughout Taiwan, Royal Biz was definitely the best. The staff were very welcoming and polite. They had a good grasp of English, which was hard to find in Taiwan. We were greeted every time we walked out and returned to our hotel. Travel to the airport was conveniently arranged by them, and since there was a 24-hr front desk, it was easy to ask for any sort of assistance.

The room was beautiful. It had a office desk, TV, fridge, snack and wine cupboard, and armchair. After living in Ximending, it felt so relaxing, being in a room which was peaceful, with minimal noise and lights from the streets. The windows could of been a bigger, but after noticing that most Taiwanese hotels did not have windows installed, it was a relief to see one. The bathroom was big with a separate bathtub and shower.

Breakfast was complimentary, and was very satisfying.

Overall a great experience, and I definitely know where I will be staying the next time I am in Taipei!

Room Tip: 3rd and 7th floors are non-smoking
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

We are grateful that after staying at a number of different hotels throughout Taiwan, you have considered Royalbiz as the best . Thank you very much for all the positive comments.

The hotel will continue providing our guest with the most luxurious and comfortable place to stay.

Hope to see you at Royalbiz on your next visit to Taipei!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Royal Biz Taipei. I felt a little mislead by the high ratings on TripAdvisor. It's a decent hotel but nothing more than 3 stars in my opinion. As my stay went on, the hotel grew on me, but after the first 24 hours, I was close to rating it 2 stars.

Pro's:
* VERY friendly staff. Very helpful and unbelievably friendly.
* Complimentary breakfast was very convenient and wide selection of food was very good.
* Conveniently located a few blocks away from the Metro Rail Train. The MRT gets you to almost anywhere you want to go sightseeing.
* Affordable price.

Con's:
* Terrible beds. Might have been the hardest, most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in.
* Mildly dirty carpets. I prefer hardwood floors in hotels but often times when they have carpet I'd at least expect the carpet to be clean. My room had noticeable stains on the carpet.
* Upon walking into my room, the bed had several hairs in it. As I looked some more, found more hairs on my pillows. That stuff grosses me out in hotels. If the sheets were properly washed, why should there be hair in it?

If you're looking for a good value on a hotel, I can recommend the Royal Biz. My problem with it is that the reviews made it seem like you're getting luxury. It's far from luxury. Had my expectations been different after reading the reviews, I either would have selected a different hotel or wouldn't have had high hopes for it.

I have to reiterate that the rock hard beds make it difficult to sleep at night. However, at least you get to wake up to a good, complementary breakfast. It could be a good hotel, depending on the purpose and budget of your visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaximusLA
Royalbiz, 經理 at Royal Biz Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

We regret to what you have experience during your stay at the hotel! We can not find any record of the complaint that you have mentioned, you might not have bring this up with our front office staff.
Would it be possible for you to provide us with the exact date and room number of your last stay at our hotel for us to look into this matter?
Should you have a chance to stay at our hotel again in the near future, any unsatisfactory you feel during your stay, please let us know immediately for us to take action right away.
The hotel beds we used in the room are of medium standard firmness suitable for the great majority of guests, Should you require a much softer bed, inform us during your reservation.
Please let us know in advance your request for the next stay at our hotel. We made it a point to satisfy the needs of every guest.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The staff were so friendly but also helpful--arranging a taxi, writing names of places in mandarin, packing a breakfast box when our train meant leaving early and missing the breakfast buffet. Rooms were comfortable, with good lighting and quiet. Little bonuses like a small fruit plate in the room each day and complementary tea and coffee service in the lounge. Plus location is great -- near 2 subway stations and yongkang road which has some of the city's best eateries and loads of charm. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple