“worst hotel ever”

Tomorrow Hotel
Ranked #387 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
“worst hotel ever”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

my friend and I booked to stay in star hotel for 4 nights. but on the first night, they said the room wasn't ready and had to let us stay in a hostel. so we had to bring our luggages all the way to the hostel and bring them back to the hotel on the next day. the room was dark. the shower tub was missing a door. the air conditioner was dripping water, and it was too loud that we had to turn it off before going to bed. we told the hotel staff about it. at first he said those were rats above us. then we said we confirmed it was the AC dripping water. and he replied "oh so it's the AC then", and did nothing about it. we had the cleaner to clean our room on the day before we left. but when we left the hotel, we found things missing, which we suspect the hotel cleaner took them. they were a bag of dried beef and a pair of branded sunglasses. we seriously will NOT recommend anything to stay in this hotel. and would warn people to NEVER think of staying there. our trip in tw was fun except the hotel was crap.

• Stayed June 2013
14 Thank qmok
TomorrowOfficial, 業者 at Tomorrow Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Customer
I'm sorry ~ also very grateful to your suggestion.
You said missing items for the room cleaning staff in order to protect our other customers who have been dismissed employees.
The Company will carry out daily room environment is now found to have any missing will conduct repair work. Will continue to track the repair is completed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The 2 person bed room which they gave us was terribly small, so much so that I had difficulty putting my luggages. My TV was NEXT to our bed and not in front, it was a headache trying to watch TV. And if i would to lay my luggages on the floor, I literally had no space to move. The bedsheets was also not clean as i had super itchy red spots appearing my both my legs. This was despite me wearing long track pants. My family member in a separate room had the same itchiness and red spots on her legs too.

I managed to switch to a bigger room for 2 person after 2 days. However, this time round there are new problems. There was no wardrobe nor hangers provided to hang clothes / towels. Worst still, there is NO FRIDGE. Can you imagine this is summer time and hot, we need cold drinks. We asked the reception for a fridge and was told the earlier one in the room was faulty and they had no fridge for us. So we tolerated until my friends who was occupying another room to check out, we asked them if they can transfer that fridge to our room? They said cannot move like that, so they will arrange for another fridge to my room. Guess what, they fridge they sent over has a 3 pin plug that CANNOT be used in taiwan. Worst still, the inside is so dirty that you do not feel like using it.

My rash and itchiness continued throughout this period, with new spots appearing. Btw, the bath towels which they have provided has some holes on it.

And because the hotel is undergoing renovation at that time, there are drilling sounds to be heard.

The only plus point is that the walking distance to MRT is excellent.

I have stayed at TS Hotel and Nei Jiang in my previous trips to Taipei, Nei Jiang which is also a budget hotel, the experience is much much more enjoyable than this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank puahph
Dear Customer
I am very sorry to hear that.You said rooms without bath towels and hangers this part of our housekeeping staff negligence.
You room no fridge This is partly because our company into a number of refrigerator freezer but these problems so we fully back to factory replacement. Cause you to stay in your room when no refrigerator freezer employees sent to your room without negligence rationing conversion plug. the Company has strengthened education staff and advise you in the direction towards this progress when the next visit will give you a satisfactory and comfortable environment

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Rooms are a little small but service from the staff is good. Hotel is located in Ximending, which is great and convenient. I could shop around Ximending at night until 11pm-1am before I return to the hotel, and there are good breakfast options around the area too.

For those without a travel adaptor, it is available for rent from the counter free-of-charge. You need to pay a deposit of NT100 per adaptor, but this is refundable on your day of check-out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HL_Chan
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My previous experience with Future Star in 2011 was a pleasant one, but I could not say the same this time round.

I just returned from a 4D3N stay at Future Star this week. The hotel has undergone some major renovation so it now occupies the entire building instead of the 7th - 9th floor previously. The price of the rooms now range from NT$1680 to NT$2380.

My first impression of the hotel is that they looked pretty under-staff and most of them seem new on the job. I checked in at 5pm and the receptionists had to radio the housekeeping to tidy the room. No problem with that - I waited for about 15min, got the key, entered my room (NT$1880/night) and spotted major design flaws that pose quite a bit of inconvenience during my stay:

Bedroom
- Clothes rack is nailed on the side of the wall that require me to crawl onto & over the bed to hang the clothes
- No wardrobe
- Mirror that is placed too low and I had to squat down to see my face

Bathroom
- Only towel racks provided (enough for 2) and NO bathroom racks, had to place the clothes on the cistern/toilet bowl lid instead
- there's no soap holder and I had to step out of the shower area to reach for my shampoo & soap
- there is only a half-door at the shower area and this really baffles me... did they forget to install the other door? I had to bathe carefully so that the water do not spill out of the shower area

Communication
- Housekeeping: If you want them to tidy your room, you need to hand over the key to the reception before you go out. We were not aware of this and had to call the reception twice that evening before they replenished the toiletries for us.
- Breakfast: It is now provided from 6.30 - 10am daily... you need to show your room key to the receptionist and they will give you 2 vouchers to enter the breakfast area. Breakfast is a simple affair - just the typical mantou (bun), noodles, vegetables with coffee /milk tea.
- Wifi: Provided, but you need to ask the reception for the password. Connection is ok.

IMO, the above 3 must be communicated to guests when they check in... I had to ask them about that on 3 separate occasions.

We also observed that the hotel is mainly catered for tour groups from China. I have nothing against them... but if they kept their mannerism in check, it would have been a better stay for the rest of the guests. My sleep was disturbed at 6am on TWO of the mornings because they started yakking ACROSS the rooms loudly as though they were the only ones staying on that floor. Yup, the doors are not soundproof (unfortunately). Secondly, I saw one of those men puff away at the hotel lobby and there were no staff in sight to stop him.

Since the hotel has decided to scale up the operations, they must look into providing clear communication to guests, eliminate silly design flaws in their rooms & perhaps, reinforce the idea of being considerate to other staying guests The pros? Near to Ximending Station Exit 6 (3 min walk) and I have to give credit to the receptionists, who were helpful & courteous in responding to my requests. If you don't mind walking a little further, there are many other hotels around XMD that are a few notches above Future Star.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joankoh
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I could only say it's cheap and just around the mrt area and ximending is just behind only and once u go out of the hotel there a lot of cab waiting around the main road but the hotel service was bad and the room is too cold and u have to pay for the rental of the adaptor but if u book for more than a week they will give u a discount

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank XMGGX
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a friend and yet a major disappointment When we were there hiring two rooms, each very different, neither satisfactory. Cold at night and the heating was not operational. The bed for the 3rd adult turned out to be a 'matress on the floor and their idea of a mattress was in fact a thin Asian style quilt meant for covering the body when ON a mattress!! The double bed had a hair in it upon arrival and arrival to the room was later on as it was not available when we arrived so all our luggage had to be stored in a closet room, thank goodness THAT room was not for us! After making our way out and back later we had to make a 2nd struggle with our luggage to collect it and move it to our allocated rooms. The bathroom was all plastered up with thick new gloss paint on atop filler and the bathroom door was old, ugly and did not shut and lock properly. The bath looked dirty! 2nd day after complaining about bath and hair in bed. Returned to find bed had been made with a sheet which still showed signs of having someone's food dropped on it albeit dried. This was not a fresh sheet!!! Had this changed and as pleasant woman made the bed she started to make it 'easy style' again!: The sheets folded in half and laid down the middle of the bed so as to save on tucking the sheets into the sides and making any effort to make the bed properly! I told her to leave, I knew I would have to make it myself again anyway! (With my prolapsed disc and sciatica!)

On returning to take a shower the bath was dirtier than the day before! The cleaner was called and was prompt, she was the more conscientious cleaner explaining it was not she who cleaned that morning. The bath had hairs in it which were not even there when we left that morning! They must have come from the cloth used to clean. I now watched in the mirror in amazement as the cleaner a lovely woman proceeded to do what she thought to be a top class job of it which included using one cloth for everything from bath to hand basin to walls to toilet bowl (INSIDE)!!!!! ...and then to floor and bath edge and wall again. After this debacle I was pained not to touch any surface in the bathroom for fear of catching some streptocockcus virus from the used toilet pan which had potentially now been spread all over the room. Thank goodness she did the bath first, but what does the other cleaner do? It was slippers to and from the bath and throughout the room from that moment on. The next day she removed a personal toothbrush of quality and replenished the cheap disposable ones as per every day.

Breakfast was not included. There was a smell of cigarettes constantly in the hallways and elevator. The hotel felt old. A bizarre scene of fancy dining table more in keeping for a well appointed private house adorned the street side room next to the reception, both these areas are visible through plate glass 'wall', presumably to impress, yet I never saw anyone eating there and the room was white and empty, devoid of character but for this fancy dressed table which I found quite surreal. I have since seen other hotels far cheaper and far more luxurious and new looking with many photos for less cost! The Future Star is most likely called such because it is not a star yet and in fact major refurbishment building works were being carried out while we were there creating dust to which I am allergic. This place is a rip off unless you are lucky enough to be placed in a completely different room from the rooms we were allocated. I would definitely give it a miss and never chance it! I shall never return there and shall try my level best to steer all heading that way far from this disgusting hotel and had it been up to me alone, I would have caused no end of trouble until getting a full assurance of no charge and would have then left immediately! In addition the staffs use of English was sketchy at best as I was forced to draw mental pictures with minimal words; "Bed dirty! You change!" Not ideal when you have several views and emotions to share! Do yourself a favour... Run... and never look back!

Room Tip: A tip for a good room at the Future Star? As it is not up to us... Leave to another hotel - NOW! I d...