“Quality, inexpensive, easy to find hotel.”

Sun Rise Business Hotel – Taipei Main Station
Ranked #302 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The hotel was eay to get to, just around the corner from the Main Rail Station and Bus station. The room was clean and there was water and free snacks in the fridge. The staff were friendly and efficient. There was no breakfast but vouchers for KFC, which was close to the hotel. If you needed more there were plenty of eateries from street cafes and 7-11 to restaurants. The shower was magnificent. Being are first visit to the Far East I had been worried about what I woulod find. But this hotel was inexpensive and better than many hotels I had used in GB and Europe.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a bigger shower and bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LSBudd

Reviewed October 20, 2011

This was a good value hotel and located close to the Metro . The rooms were not unlike a mini version of a Hilton bedroom - good quality beds, decor and bathroom. Breakfast is interesting - we got vouchers to visit the local KFC!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Grunty
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We booked two standard rooms from 23-27 September 2011.

Hotel:
The reception area is small and there is no seated waiting area. The hotel building is easily spotted from the road. We took a Freego coach from Taoyuan International Airport and along the way, changed to a free shuttle bus from Freego to reach at the doorstep of the hotel. On our return, we took a private taxi which can take 4 passengers and our many luggages. The taxi fare costs us $1200 NT.

Rooms:
The rooms are very small but are adequate for 2 people in each room with complimentary drinks in fridge and wifi. The water pressure from the shower is very strong. My husband love the rain shower. That's his highlight of the room. The bed is comfortable but it will not be comfortable for people who prefers hard mattresses. There is a mini combo hi-fi set and DVD player in room. The walls of the rooms are thick enough that I do not hear what is happening next door but you can hear audibly when you are at the corridor.

Breakfast:
It's KFC breakfast. Personally, I felt it is not tasty and limited choice. The KFC is on the 2nd floor of a building with only stairs to go up. It might be a problem for elderly with walking difficulties. However, the good thing is, breakfast can be packed to go.

Location:
The hotel is very near to the MRT underground shopping. The nearest entrance/exit to the MRT is Z10 which is about 2 mins walk from the hotel. From the underground shopping to the MRT station is a far walk of about 15 mins. If you are travelling with elderly and staying in this hotel, it is better not to take the underground passage. Z10 only has flight of stairs with no lifts or escalators. Xi Men Ting is about 15 mins walk. Opposite the hotel are many bookstores. Underground shopping towards ZhongShan MRT station is a bookstore lane. The underground shopping links from Taipei Main Station to Zhongshan MRT station.

Service:
On our first day, we did not manage to get our in-room safe box working. We called the reception and within 5 mins, housekeeping staff came to assist. We have to handover our room keys to the hotel everytime we go out. As we are first-timers to Taipei, we are not familiar to the transportation and our destination. The staffs are knowledgeable to guide us. Checking-in and out, taking keys and returning keys are all a breeze. Although the rooms are full on our period of stay, very seldom we see other guests.

Money Changer:
There is no money changer in Taiwan. Exchange currency is only available in banks during office hours from Monday to Friday. Not all banks accepts your currency. So you will have to check the banks one by one. This hotel is near to a number of banks.

Overall:
If my priority is reasonably priced and nice rooms, I will be back in this hotel. However, my preference is to stay in a hotel which is near to the MRT. I will give this hotel a miss if I am back in Taipei.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank flyawayme
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I will stay at this hotel every time I visit Taipei, it's a must stay hotel as it is very clean, neat with strategic location. The staffs have always been very friendly. Every stay is enjoyable except the last stay in August 2011. The staff MS LIAO has spoiled my day. As my friend was not feeling well on the day we checking out, she was feeling giddy, I've asked to extend the checking hours. I've asked what is the latest time we can stay, this MS LIAO replied anytime before 1PM. As our flight was 6pm in the evening, I've asked if it can be slightly later, then this MS LIAO shouted at me very rudely, "ANYTIME BEFORE 1PM". I have not encountered such a rude staff in my trips before, this is indeed an eye opener. After this incident, I dont think I will want to stay at this hotel anymore, it's a pity, because the hotel is really comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank danielleko
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed in the standard rooms and used this hotel as our base to explore Taipei. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and best of all is the hotel's location! We are within walking distance from Xi Men Ding and Taipei Main Station. Request for a higher floor room as it seems more well-maintained.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chengleaf
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Hotel room was not very large but it did not feel cramped either. Loved the bathroom with tiles in a lovely pale shade of blue, really relaxing after a long day out in Taipei city. The room looked relatively newly renovated.

Lots of bubble tea shops just besides the hotel if required. Breakfast was at a KFC a stones throw away, it was quite a nice treat after a week of chinese breakfasts in other Taiwan hotels (plus Taiwan KFCs have nice breakfasts in puff pastries!).

MTR line has an exit near to the hotel but if you are carrying large suitcases, be aware it is a good 2 - 3 flight of stairs without a lift. A better alternative is to take a lift up and walk on the surface.

The only thing I didn't really like, as mentioned by others, is you have to return the key to the reception when going out so you "do not lose the key as they only have one set". Bit queer to me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Room small though it's clean. need to improve on their service

• Stayed: February 2011