“Delightful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beauty Hotels Taipei - Starbeauty Resort
Ranked #303 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
“Delightful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family(3 adults) stays in this hotel from 14/4/13 - 20/4/13. The front desk staffs is very helpful and the housekeeping too. My family like the breakfast that was provided, The room is clean and the heater for the water is hot enough. Bed is comfortable and the free WiFi is good. I stay at the 7th floor. inside the room is quiet. you can find small restaurants around the hotel. 10 mins walk to the MRT and 15mins to Shilin Night Market. If you love fruits. There is a big fruits store outside the main road. very cheap and fixed price, For a 3 stars hotel, I truly recommend this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel staff could not have been more helpful. Short easy walk to MRT and night market, nice selection at breakfast! Room very large and comfortable with a huge window! we would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

love the hotel proximity 5-10 mins walk to shilin night market and to the Jiantan mrt .. not that long bad distance to walk especially after shopping loads of shopping... the bed was comfy , room and bathroom are spacious and there are convenience stores nearby. staffs are friendly and readily expense advice on the areas to head here..

Room Tip: top floor rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Initially, I was a little disappointed because the taxi driver couldn't locate the hotel. The hotel entrance too wasn't impressive until I reached my hotel room. I was pleasantly surprised by the spacious room and the size of the bathroom. The bed too was very comfortable that I didn't feel like getting out of it. But I do wish they had more closet space.
Even though there is no fitness centre, there is a park and swimming pool just opposite the hotel. So I found it interesting to watch the people in this neighborhood. However, there were a couple of times when the neighbourhood seemed noisy because of some religious ceremonies conducted by the temples near the hotel. Thankfully the noises didn't carry on for too long and I was able to get back to sleep.
The location of the hotel is great if you plan to do a lot of shopping as Shilin night market is just a 5 - 10 min walk. Or you could hop on the mrt at Jiantan station for some higher end shopping at Zhongshan or enjoy the seabreeze at Tamshui or the hotsprings at Xinbeitou.
Breakfast was ok but maybe a little too oily for my liking.
Definitely this hotel comes highly recommended for its location, comfort and good service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love the bed so much. It's very comfortable. Because of my short leg, I think that the location is quite far from MRT. I walk around 10 minutes to subway. I don't like breakfast here. Because of short period of breakfast, I wake up so late that I cannot have breakfast on time. I stayed here for five days but I have breakfast only one day.

If you come from airport. You should take the taxi from Shilin market or Jiantan station to Hotel. It costs around 80NTD. There are many minimarts near the place. Staff can speak English well in the daytime shift.

The comfortable way to go back to airport is taking a taxi to main station. Taxi charges not over 160NTD. Then, take a bus to airport(TPE).

Room Tip: I got the corner room near elevator. I think the space is smaller than other room. The Bathroom is v...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just check in today, we are early so we came back at 4pm to check in in which supposed to be 3pm but again we can only check in at 430pm due to some issue with the room. Small issue ....

But when reach the room, we tried to on the heater in the room as was quite cold , the heater was spoilt after checking with the staff but was offered to send us a heater for our room to keep us warm n cosy in this cold weather. Small issue too. Really appreciated it.

Simply feel ridiculous as its the 1st time receiving this type of orders from hotel management.
Lastly, reach our room around midnight n was watching the tv after a hot bath, n to our surprise, we received a call from the front desk saying our tv volume is too loud but my tv volume was already less than 10. We already couldnt hear the tv conversation clearly N insisted that we need to turn the volume down as after midnight, if the volume is still too loud, I believe the hotel should do something to improve the soundproofing to the door or wall. Or else, they might as well state, no sound from tv after midnight or provide headset for guest.

I guess they should state in the room details, tv/sound off after 12am....

Hmmmm what if I have a guest next door who snore very loudly when sleeping? Can we ask him turn down his volume?
Pray hard this don't happened.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kerryytheng

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels

Chiayi County, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Took my wonderful wife on a short break to Taipei, and we elected to stay at the Starbeauty - a small hotel, in a rather 1990s style. We got one of the nicer rooms, on the 10th floor, with good views from the rather small windows. The hotel is solid, but nothing special, which is what we had hoped for. The staff are professional without overdoing it, and we were really only let down by the breakfast - we ended up going out rather than eat in...

Room Tip: Higher is better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple