“Best value hotel ever!”
Review of Dong Wu Hotel

Dong Wu Hotel
Ranked #140 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dong Wu Hotel is the best value hotel we have ever stayed in 36 cities/12 countries. Everything is perfect for price of NTD2100/night.
1. The location is good. 5-10 min's walk to Daqiaotou Station, busstop to National Palace Museum (bus 304), Ningxia night market etc.
2. The staff is very nice and considerate, always greeting us one by one. We arrived the hotel in the early morning and they have adviced us to take a rest in the restaurant at basement and 1 hr's later they noticed us immediately to check in when the room are available. They even helped us to free upgrade from standard double room to business double room.
3. The room is great. Almost everything in the bathroom (you did not need to bring anything). Our room has a window near to door but no noise at all.
4. The breakfast is just like what we eat at home. I have nothing to complain on the food as Asian/Chinese. However, the food for western is quite limited.
Overall, we are very satisfied with our 3 nights'stay and would recommend to those who want to look for a economy and comfortable hotel at Taipei.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David_Hong

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Dong Wu Hotel is an amazing hotel very conveniently located near Daiqotao MRT station. I chose to stay here based off the reviews here, but found myself genuinely amazed by the high level of service, attention to detail, and comfort of the room.

When I made my booking, I lodged a special request for an early check-in as I would be arriving at 5:30AM. When I checked in the staff informed me that my room was ready and had been held over especially for me at no extra charge. Absolutely amazing.

The staff were very professional, friendly, and even those who I did not meet when I checked in knew who I was and what room I was staying in. They also allowed me to extend my stay for one night at the originally booked price, which was a very nice surprise.

The room itself was meticulously clean top to bottom, and the bathroom was very well lit and contained all sorts of amenities that you could think that you might need. Other hotel managers should have a look at the Dong Wu to see how to provide value for money for their customers.

Essentially this is probably the best hotel I have stayed in in nearly 10 years of overseas travel. I would stay here again in an absolute heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Bajar
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Exactly what we needed- pretty good breakfast, clean, quiet rooms and right near MRT. The staff were exceptional. Made us feel very welcome and went out of their way to help. Highly recommend this hotel and Taipei in general. It's a fab city.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

First of all, there are already plenty of positive & detailed comments for this very decent hotel here. What I will add is my deeper impression of this hotel. I can tell Dong Wu Hotel is very proud of its brand name, especially after winning the TripAdvisor awards. Almost every single & all commodities in the bathroom are meticulously branded Dong Wu, and you can even purchase them back home from the Reception if you loved them :) It is also apparent that Dong Wu Hotel is customer-oriented, from the impressive collection of latest magazines carefully sorted, listed & set out on the cupboard in the restaurant area which you can borrow to your room, to all the nice little facilities in the hotel room such as a dehumidifier (?) & a weighing scale in the bathroom that could come in handy (for us to check our baggage, whether they exceeded our flight limits or not).

Furthermore, when we checked out in the morning & stored our baggage there for the rest of the day, the hotel staff didn't need to give us a numbered token for identification. I was wondering how is this gonna work, but since I was so confident with this hotel by then I didn't ask. In the evening when we returned to retrieve our baggage, the Reception staff had already changed shift, but they could bring out exactly our baggage without my indication. I really don't know how this magic works, maybe they wrote down some basic outlook description like "a pair of young couples, Asian, very handsome & cute, wearing green & red" etc (LOL)? Either way, the whole experience with Dong Wu Hotel for me was so wonderful all along.

Reading reviews here is one thing. Experiencing it by yourself is another. I can confidently say that Dong Wu far exceeded my original expectation just by reading all those positive reviews here. If you travel to Taipei & looking for a budget hotel, Dong Wu will be your only choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R8OO
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is my second time staying in Dongwu Hotel. I previously stayed there 2 years ago (tried to booked Xmas 2011, but no room avaialbe). So when I once booked air ticket, I quickly book Dongwu hotel.
Still everything works well. Check-in is quick, no fussy. Room is spotless.Staff are very friendly and helpful. A few minutes walk to the subway station and night market - more like many food stalls along a quite busy street and very close to the one of famous Taipei shopping district - Di Hua shopping district (you'll find many old fashioned Chinese trading houses, selling all sort of stuffs)
if you are from Taipei station, it's only about 10-15 min by taxi, around USD 4-5 for a trip.
I stayed for two nights. Originally booked for one night (I went to other city/town to visit friends, so planned stay in Taipei for only one night), but I decided to stay in Taipei on the night before flew out the island. But I could not find any room from their online booking system, so I asked front desk on the day I arrived, if there's any cancellation, let me know. When I checked out second day morning, I was thinking I'd better mentioned this again, somehow the first thing they told me is that they have one room secured for my return, which much to my delighted.
The only thing I found was that my room (first night) was on level 11, I found it's a bit noisy during night (I amnot sure if I am correct here, it sounds there's a plant room or something like that above). The second time, room was on level 5 where I found no problems at all.
So you might check with staff if you are a very shadow sleepers.

Once again, really enjoyed staying there, I will definitely stay there during my next trip to Taipei. For sure I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on level 11 if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank yanathome
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel is around 10 minutes walk to Daqiaotou MRT station.
We try to accomodate 3 persons in a queen room; however the hotel staff not allow; ended up we take a family room with 1 queen size bed and 1 single bed. Room is spacious with sofa, lcd tv, working desk and bath tub. Razor, toothbrush and tooth paste are provided as well. There are safety box. mini bar, and free wifi (signal is quite strong in my room - 9th floor).
Umbrella is provided without any registration. There's a Family Mart store just beside the hotel. Hotel is friendly and willing to help. Breakfast is provided and the food is nice.
You can get 30% discount if book online. No payment is required and room is reserved until 9pm (unless payment is made in advance).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aarontanek
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have just ended our trip to Taiwan fews days ago, The stay at Dong Wu hotel was excellent once staff reserved us a good room on fifth floor where we could have amazing views of the city while it was quiet, our room was neat and clean, especially bathroom worked relatively nice. The location was ok and next to some nice restaurants as well. Worth for a visit and would recommend Dong Wu Hotel

Room Tip: The room located on high floor could be quiet and great views
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family