“Value added Hotel”
Review of Dong Wu Hotel

Dong Wu Hotel
Ranked #127 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel is around 10 minutes walk to Daqiaotou MRT station.
We try to accomodate 3 persons in a queen room; however the hotel staff not allow; ended up we take a family room with 1 queen size bed and 1 single bed. Room is spacious with sofa, lcd tv, working desk and bath tub. Razor, toothbrush and tooth paste are provided as well. There are safety box. mini bar, and free wifi (signal is quite strong in my room - 9th floor).
Umbrella is provided without any registration. There's a Family Mart store just beside the hotel. Hotel is friendly and willing to help. Breakfast is provided and the food is nice.
You can get 30% discount if book online. No payment is required and room is reserved until 9pm (unless payment is made in advance).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aarontanek

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have just ended our trip to Taiwan fews days ago, The stay at Dong Wu hotel was excellent once staff reserved us a good room on fifth floor where we could have amazing views of the city while it was quiet, our room was neat and clean, especially bathroom worked relatively nice. The location was ok and next to some nice restaurants as well. Worth for a visit and would recommend Dong Wu Hotel

Room Tip: The room located on high floor could be quiet and great views
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is my first trip in taiwan and I love this hotel after staying in it. It is value for money. It provides a comfortable stay although it is small. The room and toilet is cosy and well decorated. The breakfast is wonderful, I love the bacon, scramble eggs, bee hoon, spaghetti and etc. The staff are friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay in Dong Wu again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Best hotel I have seen in my Life. Indian hotels should take lessons from these guys. Very good service. They allowed us to use their cafe to Toast Bread even in night. magzines are free. internet is truly good, laundry service is fantastic. Overall a great place

recommend everyone from India to please choose this hotel. totally appreciate your service

Also we took the key by mistake and forgot to return. kelly (one of the girls in reception) told us to keep it as a souvenir.

Very very good hotel. Totally recommended

Room Tip: Rooms are small. Just check the room and make sure you like the size
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ArvindSundararajan
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Chose this hotel solely on the tripadvisor reviews in the budget range. Didn't regret it at all. At first, I was a bit taken aback at how there's nothing around the hotel but convenience stores. But, the service and room more than made up for it.
The hotel is not in a particularly good location but it is an easy walk to the MRT station, though you'll have to transfer at least once to get to any major tourist attraction. There is a small night market nearby for your stinky tofu needs. However, I cannot speak Mandarin so it was impossible for me to speak with the hawkers there. But, for those who can speak Mandarin it is an awesome little place to pick up dinner. For those who don't, it is hard to point to things since stalls often sell more than one thing and the menu is written entirely in kanji.
There are two convenience stores located nearby. The girls at the Family Mart always spoke to me in English, too :)
Ok, for the hotel.
Staff was so nice, kind and efficient. They never hesitated to help us. We asked them to order pizza for us which they did. We also needed laundry done on short notice. Turned it in at about 9pm and got it back 11:30pm. Cost about 180TWD which is completely worth it. Staff speak excellent English and Japanese as well as other languages I can imagine.
I can't believe anyone would say this is a small room. The room is the biggest room I have ever had in Asia, easily. You can get bigger rooms if you are used to luxury hotels but for this price, this size of a room can't be found. It had no window but that did not bother me. If it bothers you, you can book a room with a window, just make sure you specify. Bathroom had both shower and bathtub. Both were quite nice. Room includes some instant coffee/tea as well as water kettle. TV is big enough to see from the bed. Nice desk area included as well for those who like to use a computer.
Decorations are certainly outdated but it doesn't matter much. The bed is a little firm but soft for most of asia, so it is in the middle of the road. I found it quite comfortable. Pillows are too soft and thin but with two pillows, it wasn't much of a problem.
Breakfast was simple but there was enough food and I could get my morning proper coffee and then use the internet on the apple computers. I also used the printer there a few times. A nice place to relax. I enjoyed my time at Dong Wu.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lana190
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Did not regret choosing this hotel, the award received by Dong Wu hotel re-emphasized the importance of having TripAdvisor netizens review.

We stayed for 3 nights. Located at downtown (older city), the hotel staff provides exemplary hospitality. Room is small (typical for downtown hotels), however clean and neat. The location is strategic with Dihua Street night market (迪化街 夜市) with its famous fried oyster within 5min of walk. Daqiaotou MRT is also 5min away and Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Station is within 5min city taxi drive. There are 2 24hour Family Mart (aka Taiwan 7-11), one just beside the hotel, and the other within 5min of walk.

The cafe offers free breakfast with many Asian-like varieties, we loved the dishes that help filling us up before our Taipei and Northern Taiwan sightseeing adventure. There are few continental dishes, however did not manage to try it out.

Would definitely come back for the great hotel cleanliness, value and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

It's a small no frills hotel but I had a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable and of a decent size. It has only 1 cafe in the basement but there's plenty of food in Taipei and you wouldn't want to just eat in a hotel cafe. I liked the little touches of free coffee and tea in the cafe which also has shelves of reading materials available to hotel guests. The availability of wifi in the rooms and computers in the cafe for surfing was great as it allowed us to make arrangements for our onward journey in Taiwan.
However, the hotel is a distance away from the main areas in Taipei and you'll need to take the subway to the night markets. The subway station is about 15mins away.
There is nothing exciting around the hotel. The good thing is that there is a family mart and a 7-11 right next to the hotel. In the mornings, there is a wet market across the junction from the hotel.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends