“Can I have one of those everywhere?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambience Hotel

Ambience Hotel
Ranked #7 of 566 Hotels in Taipei
Porto
“Can I have one of those everywhere?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The comfort is huge! Staff knows how to welcome foreigners. Rooms are very well equipped and with higher good taste in all decoration. In all hotel it seems that we are in a showroom of some design company. To repeat for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear MiguelPaixao,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. We are all very thrilled to find that you appreciated the design of the hotel as well as enjoyed our services. Just so you know that we do have plans to expand overseas, so please join our Facebook Fan Page and stay tuned for latest news and offerings from Ambience Hotel Taipei!

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Being my first trip to Taiwan, I had emailed the hotel's reception staff regarding airport limousine transfer and a fast train booking to Kaohsiung. All requests were expertly, promptly and courteously handled. The red double bull sculpture in the small reception lounge was remarkable. We stayed on the top floor executive suite, with a view of Taipei 101 tower. The room was minimalist but well furnished and clean. Breakfast was OK, although choices were limited. The hotel is well situated and close to fine restaurants. The hotel reception staff were excellent. They organised a well organised day tour of Taipei for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zaria055
TaipeiIan, Assistant Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent business trip to Taipei.We appreciate your feedback ,and certainly hope that you will recommend us to your friends and most importantly,please do come and stay with us again next time you visit Taipei! Best regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I just returned from almost three weeks traveling though Taiwan. I found Ambience on the web and booked it for the beginning and end of the trip, mostly because I needed a home base to explore Taipei, the price was reasonable, and they arrange taxi airport service. Altogether I spent four nights and, without exception, it was the best place I stayed in my three week journey. The rooms are super clean, beautifully furnished ( truly fabulous bathroom in the city view rooms), and very comfortable. The staff speak English, are attentive and very helpful (special thanks to Nana, Amber, Ben). The breakfast buffet is excellent with a good mix of Chinese and western staples. Complementary tea and cake in the afternoon, free wifi and laundry. Excellent taiwanese family style restaurants down the street, ten minute walk to the subway (which runs like a swiss watch). i have traveled a lot, and this is one of the best boutique style hotels I have found.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Ptalbot
TaipeiIan, Assistant Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your Ambience Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us,and we will pass your good comment onto our staff. We hope to see you on your next visit to Taipei and will ensure a more pleasant stay for you next time. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future! Best regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked this hotel online via booking.com, after reading rave reviews about Ambience. Since the day I booked, the hotel staff have been very helpful in answering questions and helping to contact tour agencies.

I had to change my booking and the hotel staff were very prompt and courteous in handling the change. Prior to my arrival, they allowed my wife's luggage to be placed there, as she arrived earlier than me. Upon my arrival, our room was ready and all luggage have already been placed in our upgraded room.

Room was clean and fresh. They also provided baby cot for my little son. Everything in the hotel is perfect for a business or leisure travel. Breakfast was good, and the staff helped to point out items that I can't eat. Counter staff is ever willing to help with translation, calls to airline and arranging airport transfer. Thank you Mr. Ben and his team for their hospitality. We will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the roads are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear tsashi,

I appreciate you choosing Ambience Hotel as your holiday destination and I'm delighted to read that you felt the personal touch of our service during your stay. I have passed along your comment to Ben as well as our entire Front Office team who work together to deliver warm, friendly and professional service to our guests. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming your family back again in the near future!

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Ambience ....as per the hotel name , no doubt is a comfortable business hotel for a traveler.

Nice rooms...clean corners , cozy clean breakfast and ofcourse computer market and an Indian restaurant near by are some plus points for travelers.

As some of my Indian customers were strict vegetarians I choose this hotel to let them stay and enjoy Taipei's hospitality.

They all were so happy and so am I with the hotel and an Indian restaurant near by Guanghua computer market known as Mayur Indian kitchen MIK-3.

As a Indian It was always a problem to find out good vegetarian Indian food in Taipei....but Mik3 is the best and their menu provides a huge variety of Indian cuisine with quality and service.

Hope to visit again ....very soon

Dear indianfoodintaipei,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with Ambience Hotel Taipei. I am delighted to know that you and your customers have enjoyed staying with us, as well as found the local attractions and restaurants nearby convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was travelling on business, and had to choose a hotel in a hurry, was shown a list of 5 hotels, and just picked this one fairly randomly, maybe it was because of this zero expectation (i did not have a clue where the place was in relation to town when picked) but I was very pleased.
I walked from the central train station, 15 minutes brisk walk but I knew it would be (there are closer MRTs).
Check in was very quick, 30 seconds maybe. I realized there might be a slight noise issue as there is a main road junction right outside - so asked for room change to a high floor - so they gave me a free upgrade to the top floor ! Room big, especially bathroom, decor "different" - very white almost surgical but it was all in good taste and it is consistent throughout.
Apparently no restaurant on site - no problem - there are many, many restaurants on the large street out to the left, several within 50 meters.
Breakfast slightly weird - instead of offering cereal, you get a violinist instead.

Room Tip: Ask for move to higher floor to avoid traffic junction noise, it got me a free top (11th) floor room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear timmy_tumbler,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent business trip to Taipei. It was a pleasure to welcome you and to deliver a satisfactory stay. Have a wonderful week and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My room was very comfortable, the bathroom was spotless and functional, and the staff could not be more helpful. Breakfast was terrific and the violinist a joy to listen to. Best value overall of any hotel I have stayed in for the last twenty years, and for my purposes, the location was great.

Room Tip: My courtyard facing room was very quite yet bright in the day time.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review of Ambience Hotel Taipei. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and on behalf of our team here I would like to wish you a very happy Valentine's Day. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!