“Old model hotel”
Review of Charming Hotel

Charming Hotel
Ranked #393 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The outlook of the hotel is not so attrative, if i wasnt done the prebooking online, I think I wouldnt opt for this hotel. May be the design is not my type~~ and it have a very small Lift that can fit in 4 ppl only :-S (Harder if you have huge luggage) The staff there are all at the age around 40, if for foreigner that doesnt speak chinese, you have to consider carefully cause they may not understand what are you trying to say.
The hotel is quite old and still using traditional key system. The front desk will require the key from you whenever you leave the hotel even just for 5 mins, it make me feel so unsafe for my luggage in the room.

The hotel is stated near in the city , walking distance 30 minutes to "wu fen pu night market" however there's no nice hot spot nearby that you can go around at night when you are walking around the hotel, but if you are the kind who like shopping in the shopping mall, then the hotel may be your choice ( just 5 mins walk).
In conclusion I would rather recommend Green Lotty Hotel (especialy couple) that located in Taipei which have more attrative places such as night market (walking distance & many nice foods! ;-) ) small shop with all nice food, fashion shop and etc. At least better experience for me!

Room Tip: when booking the hotel kindly ensure that the bed for double room is not combination of 2 single bed
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ghiahoong
There are newer reviews for Charming Hotel

Reviewed June 15, 2013

They should rename this hotel, Mom's Hotel because apparently, if you identify yourself as someone's mother, you have free access to their room. This happened to me last year when I stayed here but I didn't say anything because I didn't want the front desk staff to get in trouble. But then it happened again a couple of weeks ago when I stayed here. My mother just told the front desk that she was my mother and they let her into my room. In fact, any elderly lady could have said that they were my mother and they would have let them into my room as they did not ask for any identification.

Despite the lack of security and professionalism, the hotel does provide a free breakfast, free wifi and the front desk speaks some English. Rooms are semi-clean. Cigarette burns on the furniture and stained (but cleaned) sheets on the bed. Hotel is about a ten minute walk from the Sun-Yat Sen Memorial MRT station. Also, the hotel caters to mainland Chinese tourists so you may have to deal with smoking neighbors.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've been to Taipei, Taiwan last 2011. It's been our habit to search for a Hotel on the first day of our trip and it's such an adventure. At first, we thought this would be difficult since Taiwanese speak less of English. But we're overwhelmed with their intentions to help and accommodate foreigners. They are just like us, Filipinos! Even they don't know much of our nationality, they approached us and helped us read the map we had. An old Taiwanese woman even brought us to this hotel without asking anything in return and I started to change my thoughts on these people. Well, Charming Hotel is a charming hotel indeed. The crew were so friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and comfy. Their buffet breakfast were delicious. Their area is about 5-minut walk to MRT Station. There are lots of stores nearby. Also, there are lots of restaurants outside. During our check out, the hotel crew guided us to the Bus stop. And lastly, they gave us discount, TWO THUMBS UP! I would greatly refer this Hotel to my friends and relatives planning to go to Taipei, Taiwan.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary Jean P
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I travel to Taipei monthly for business and pleasure, and this is the first time i stayed here since there was no other available hotel within my budget (the capacity of Taipei's hotel industry has been nearly full due to the influx of mainland visitors).

For the money, this hotel is practical and provides everything a business traveler would need, with the exception of a proper gym. It looks like they gym is barely used, and only has a few machines available.

The location is fine, as long as you are ok taking taxis to wherever you need to be.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dionysus38
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This review is long overdue but I want to give credit where credit is due. I've stayed in Charming Hotel, Taipei, twice already and I would come back again and again. Here we go:

Location - The hotel's location is along Fuxing Road. It's a minute's walk to the subway and a quaint little park is found at the back of the hotel. The area is quiet with quick access to food and shopping. Around the vicinity are lots of small stalls for food though only one or two would have an English menu. Pointing is the best way to go. Walk a few feet outside the hotel and you're in a big Net store and the Fuxing Road intersection. On one side of the intersection you'll see the high end Sogo Department store. Underneath you'd have the metro. Cross the street and walk a few blocks down to the other Sogo Department store and small streets behind it lined with quaint funky clothing stores.

Service - Arriving late, we were checked in quickly and given clean rooms in quiet floors. The business center serves free flowing coffee and tea the whole day with one computer free for all the guests to use. The breakfast area was in their basement and the food they served was good, several dishes available but mostly Taiwanese fare. The staff speaks little English but always willing to help. They helped us find restaurants we were looking for (they even drew a map for us) and helped us get on the metro by giving easy to understand directions.

Rooms - During our first stay, we got the newly renovated room though the view was the middle interior of the hotel. I think that was the Deluxe room. During our second stay, our room was old but clean with no view. It was configured in a weird way because a toilet was found on one side of the room and a big bathroom with a tub, shower area and toilet was found on the other side. Internet was available for free in the rooms.

Overall, I enjoyed all my stays at Charming hotel. Staying there is cheap, service is wonderful and location is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank teachrunfly
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I traveled to Taipei for a conference and once again the trip adviser helped me chose this hotel. This hotel is an excellent one and provides an awesome value for money. The guys are truly professional and take care of all your needs. I am vegetarian and hotel took care of my dietary habits. They were always willing to help and accommodation. I would go a step further and say that if you are going to Taipei, look no further just book it, believe me you wont repent. It is like a five star treatment in the price of three star. It can be reached easily by the free go bus from the airport which leaves at a point just one minute walk ( although the hotel website says another point which is 10 minutes walk). may be they should correct the get down point from the free go bus. Finally it is very close to almost everything one needs.

Room Tip: The room should be below third floor for wi fi
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank raj_mgopal
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel has everything like proximity to Taipei 101, night market at a stone's throw, quite surroundings yet near to everywhere. Only thing that could be better was the breakfast.... it has deteriorated over the years (I have been staying here since 2005)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business