“Suitable for a short getaway without hurting your wallet too much”

Sweetme Hotspring Resort
Ranked #164 of 570 Hotels in Taipei
Hong Kong
“Suitable for a short getaway without hurting your wallet too much”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Everytime I visit Taipei I will include beitou to my itinerary as this is just a lovely place to relax which is just 30 mins away from Taipei city.

I’ve tried the hot spring at Villa 32 which I think is one of the best hot spring in the area but it’s not cheap to stay overnight there. Sweetme is very close to New Beitou station and the room size is quite spacious, inside the bathroom you can enjoy the hot spring too with the bath tub size that can easily fit a couple.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I (3 adults & 2 children) stayed in the tatami family suites. First of all, Sweetme location is superb, only 5 minutes walk away from the XinBeitou MRT and extremely easy to find. The hotel is not packed with tour group and I find the rooms are clean and newly redecorated. Most important of all you can have the hotspring inside your room and you can see there're no stains in the tub that makes you feel comfortable to sit in. Breakfast was not best but good value for money!

Singapore
Reviewed January 1, 2013

One of the objective of my tour to Taipei is the hotspring experience, it took me some time to decideand finally Beitou was my destination.

I was travelling with my family, a whole pack fo them, so price has to be a little sensitive while no compromise on the quality. Brushing through the hotspring resort in the area, my final choice was Sweetme Hot Spring Resort. On location, it is right opposite a park and walking distance to the MRT station, as such a good choice for family tavelling with children and old folks.

I was initially disappointed when arrived at the hotel, the reception area was simple with little to show, it gave me the feeling of the hotel in the early 90s, with black marbles decoration, the lift to the room is certainly a turn off, you can only get around 5 person in and its packed like a sardine.

The room on the other hand was totally a different world all together. My parents' is a twin double with king size bed, and it gave the feeling of comfort.

I have booked the Japanese style for 4 person. I have never stayed in a Japanese style room before and of course I was surprised to see Tatami floor board with only a table in the middle of the room, with no other furniture except a cupboard and TV on a rack.

It was simple in design with a huge window allowing us to look at the scenary out front. It is a good thing,too because the view was unblocked and I could see mountin view from my room. The bath room is adequately big and there is both a shower area before the bath tube, which is big and made of stone slabs. The tub can take up to 2 adults and 2 kids.

Because of age, my kids wouldn't able to hit the public spa so we have to settle for our private one in the room, but still they enjoyed themselves for hours in the tub, bringing in their toys.

I certainly enjoyed my time in the tub myself, I never thought I could stayed there fore over an hour.The water is from the natural hot spring and presented a light shades of blue.

Remember the park I mentioned? Well, it also happened to be a tourist spot and this resort is a walking distance to the public hotspring, hotspring museum, the cultural centre and an old house for tourist display. Itwas a very convenient walk for us in the morning to visit all these place in a single morning. Whats more, a stream with water originated from the hotspring runs through it.

The set back of this resort would probably be the staffs service. No, I am not referring to very rude encounter, just cold. There is no porter to help with the luggage and we have to help ourselves with everything.

Room Tip: Okay, it is a hotpsring resort, so the swimming pool is the hot spring tub, there is also no fitness...
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I went with my friend and stay for one night, the location is very handy and convenience. Room is great, we have our own hot spring in our bathroom and we also went to the public one both are good. Staff are very friendly and helpful, it a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Rooms and hot springs were adequate (if a little expensive for the area) and decor was lovely, however, trying to talk to the reception staff over the phone was a nightmare. They were rude, had little patience in answering our enquiries and were unwilling to help. If you are just coming for the hot springs and can put up with bad service, then this hotel is worth a try, but there are many other hotels in the Beitou area who have provided us with good facilities AND good service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I usually pay for Sweetme's public baths on my trips to Taipei, but this time, I decided to book a room to stay over for 1 night.
Recommend only 1 (max 2) nights stay here, cos the location is pretty far from the city centre (unless you plan to only shop around Tamsui/Fisherman's wharf or Shilin for your whole trip). However, the hotel is easily accessible - within 2mins walking distance to Xinbeitou station. Next to hotel is a 24h supermarket (顶好 - Top), a 7-11, a KFC and Starbucks. So there's no worry about lack of food choices if you don't wish to eat at the hotel or venture too far out.
I got a free upgrade of my room type (got a bigger and nicer room). All rooms come equipped with hotspring bath tub in Japanese style. Amenities provided are reasonable too (not top notched, but good enough).
Rooms are clean, breakfast is adequate (buffet style, with the usual porridge and western dishes).
Best part of the stay would be the hot springs - you get 1x free use of the public bath, which comprises of a series of different hot and cold springs with jacuzzis, etc. Only grouch is it's only free for one time (but then again, you will find 24h barely sufficient to do everything in Taipei city).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sabrinalim
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was happily surprised at the quality of rooms--especially the large spa bath that fits two. If you're looking for a business trip for one, this is not the place for you, however if you are looking for a spa retreat for two or more, this is the perfect place. I have never had a bath so large and fine--the water that comes out is from the hot spring, 24 hours a day. There is a bench built in the tub, so you can rest and relax as long as you want. The shower area is a little strange, especially for a Westerner--you sit on a stool and manually hold the shower head. It takes a bit of getting used to but it is alright.
All rooms have a spa bath, and if you want to come in and use a private spa bath without staying overnight, I believe its about 1500 yuan (50 dollars) for an hour and half of use. From the pictures, the private spa bath is the same as the baths in the hotel rooms. I felt like staying overnight was way more worth it!
The room itself is nice--good quality and clean. There is a spa area which you can get in for free one time if you are a guest, I think the cost is 800 yuan per entry otherwise, which is about 26 USD. The spa is not the most expansive, but all the water comes from the hot spring, and there is a sauna and steam room, as well as a therapy pool, and hot/cold pools.
We ordered a spa package, in which we were met in the lobby and taken up to the spa area by the massage therapist. For a 100 minute package, it costed 3300 yuan, about 110 USD. The massage package was great--although there was a recommended hotel down the street that is famous for their spa and packages--if you ask the front desk, they can help you book either.
Shinbeitou (New Beitou) is relatively quiet, with less tourists but still has shops and small restaurants. Around the corner has a row of mobile phone shops if you want to purchase a prepaid phone and/or sim card. We bought a used phone for 900 yuan (about 30 USD, but we bargained down from 1000), and the 300 yuan SIM card lasts for about 250 minutes (so we were told).
The subway station is also just around the corner, about a three minute walk, and you will have to make one change I believe at Beitou since Shinbeitou is at the end of the line, but it is easy to get around. We went to Shilin Night Market in about ten or fifteen minutes. The cost for a one way trip to Shilin was 25 yuan (less than 1USD). I believe you can buy one day passes for 100 yuan a day.
All in all, loved it, and I am actually going back to spend one more day there before leaving!

Room Tip: All rooms have a spa bath, most rooms are either standard or deluxe. We stayed in deluxe, and the di...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family