“My Favorite Night Market In Taipei” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$85.00*
and up
Full-Day Taipei Walking Tour including Baking Class, Ramen Lunch, and Beitou...
Ranked #1 of 270 Shopping in Taipei
More attraction details
Owner description: Jao Ho Street has become a secondary road and the business has also declined. Therefore, the government set up a night market in 1987. It is the second tourist night market in Taipei.
Singapore, Singapore
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“My Favorite Night Market In Taipei”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Raohe's gotta be my favorite night market in Taipei. Love the variety and quality of the food.

Shopping is great at Raohe too. I love the shop where they sell everything from shoes to clothings to bags at NT99.

2 Thank ChristineLim

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“It maybe known as a tourist night market... But this night market has it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am writing from my personal point of view... Of course, we all know that there are loads of food places in Taipei, and some of which are only known by locals. I been to a few like Shilin, Guangzhou, Hwasi... And found that Raohe 饶河 night market is a rare gem even though some may disagree.

There's the famous 胡椒饼 which looks like a Chinese bun but instead of steaming it, it was baked or ovened like how the north Indian nans are done. Generous pork filling with loads of spring onions in it. Juicy and delicious. A must try when you visit here.

Next on the list is a small store managed by some young Taiwanese called 芋包芋 (means yam wrap in yam). They have a popular item whereby a salted egg yolk is warped in golden fried yam in a shape of a round ball. They call this item 爆浆芋 which means bursting yolk yam ball. As a Chinese, I felt that this is a rare dish to come by as it takes quite a fair bit of work to make it. I actually bought 10 balls at 1 go. This dish is not found in the rest of the night market I been and stall owner claimed they are the first to create it... They do have a branch but I cannot be sure if I heard they say its at Shilin. Anyway food at Shilin night market are mostly shifted to an underground air conditioned modernized area. I am not into the food court style and more keen in the old street setting type of store.

Next... The fried sweet potato store is delicious... It's among the fashion store and pretty small setup so do look out...

Next... The fried chicken cutlet is really not only tasty but super value for money. Cost me only NT55 and humongous! But beware.... They contain bones which are cut and sliced up by machine... So don't choke on it! It's not deboned!

Last on the list is the herbal pork rib and herbal mutton soup where you can find somewhat in the middle of the Raohe night market. These guys serves piping hot soup that can really warm your stomach. Plus they have seats for you to take a rest while sipping delicious soup.

Hope the food review is useful!

5 Thank Kellycyp
Malaysia
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“...A short but happening night market...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Night markets in Taiwan are some must-go places and so I went to one of them i.e., RaoHe night market in Taipei.
The operation hour is 5.30PM onwards.
There were plenty of food stalls and some stalls selling variety of goods e.g., umbrellas, wallets, decorative items clothes etc..
So this is a good spot to have dinner and shopping.
I found that the fried milk (frying milk is what they named it) at the entrance of this place was quite nice and special as i couldn't find it in my home town.
One more thing is you can smell some very bad odour which is released from those stinky tofu stalls. I felt so sick inhaling those gases.
However, other people were so enjoy to it.
So, please do enjoy yourself as well...=)

3 Thank You H
Seoul
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place for a little shopping, good street food and people watching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We wrapped up one whirlwind day in Taipei with a stop here. Though it was a bit crowded, the shopping options and variety of street food are more than worth dealing with the crowd. The stinky tofu definitely lives up to its name, but there was plenty of other less aromatic food to sample, and we enjoyed several offerings. Highly recommend going if you enjoy good street food.

Singapore
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Best Night Market in Taipei.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have visited Shilin, Raohe, Ningxia and the night markets near Long Shan Temple. Found this to be my favourite. It had a combination of interesting stall/ mix of vendor that keep you fascinated during the walk.

A pity that we are not able to return again during our stay in Taipei but I will definately visit Raohe again if I visit Taipei again.

Visited June 2013