Highly recommended. It's a short MRT ride, easily accessible from the city, get nice view on the (probably world's cheapest) gondola ride as well as from the mountain top, good walking trail and good food. If you visit during the flowers season eg Mar for cherry blossom, you get a bonus!
- avoid weekend and holidays, also note the gondolas don't operate on Monday, it's the day for maintenance
- their official website provides good info, also shows any adhoc disruption of service eg due to bad weather condition.
- check weather forecast, it is cooler on the mountain
- take MRT to Taipei Zoo, follow the signage, walk 350m to the gondola station;
- consider buying the NT120 gondola package (part of current promotion), it allows 2 round trip ride + 1 stop, saves a bit of money on the already-very-cheap tickets
- you can try out the glass bottom gondola, it's a separate queue, it should not be long if it's a weekday
- you can consider taking the gondola to the last station, Maokong
- get map and direction from the Visitor's office located nearby for the following 2 items:
-- Ayishi Teapot Restaurant (for lunch/dinner/tea, this is a popular restaurant), marked as Y22 on the map, check for discount for customers with the gondola package (we forgot abt it when we were there). Signature dishes includes jasmine green tea fried rice, smoke chicken drumsticks, chicken soup, steam bun. Go to the one on street level, which is the original restaurant, not the one on the 2nd storey in the same building
-- Camphor Tree Trail, it's a easy boardwalk trail, very pleasant and relaxing. We visited during the lupin season, beautiful
- on your way down the mountain, can consider stopping at Zhinan Temple station, check out the 3 temples on the mountain, at least 2 of them are magnificient, enjoy the view from the mountain too
- you can get a refund of NT20 for the package at the customer service centre.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.