“refreshing evening”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“refreshing evening”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I never went to hot spring, because I live in a tropical country and the weather is hot enough to experience my own hot spring in the middle of the day. So, Beitou was my first experience. I went there by MRT and get off at Xinbeitou station, walked for less than 15 minutes, and arrived at one public hot spring. Opening time has certain period, so you can't go in at random time. They give you discount for students, but they don't accept foreigner students because they're not familiar with the sudent cards :( There were several ponds with different temperature, both cold and hot. I could only go to the second hottest because it was really hot. And I went during summer. I think it will be nicer in the winter. Overall, it was an interesting experience. I like it, and will go there again if I have the chance.

1 Thank hanna249

• Vietnamese first
North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Go to the public bath area!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I schlepped my swimsuit in my backpack on the MRT. Walked a few blocks from the MRT station, paid I think 20NTD (like 75 cents US), showered and then joined about 100 local mostly older folk lounging in the various pools. 1st pool was pleasant, 2nd pool was a bit too hot, 3rd pool was boiling!! just kidding - it was ONLY 106 deg F. I took a short dip in that pool and called it quits. Left feeling refreshed and somewhat "tingly". Fun!

5 Thank karemmmm
Kuala Lumpur
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Hot and smelly”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I guess I should have expected natural hot springs to be hot and smelly since there is sulfur in the water. But since it was summer and the weather itself was hot as hell... it made the experience worse for mom and me. Maybe if we had gone in winter it'd be better?

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Karynn-YH-Tan
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Fun walk”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I've been to Beitou and some of the spas before, but on this trip we just took the family out for a walk. It's a 30 to 40 minute subway ride out from downtown Taipei (City Hall in our case) to XinBeitou station. From there though you're right at the bottom of the spring and it's a beautiful walk up along the stream. Along the way there's a hot spring welcome center and museum celebrating the indigenous peoples of Taiwan. Both are closed on Mondays. There are several good spots where you can stop and soak your feet in the warm water. You can always pay for day passes to some of the spas along the road, but we were perfectly happy just taking a slow stroll for an hour, getting in a quick soak for free, and hopping the train back to Taipei.

Singapore, Singapore
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Hot Springs!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Many hot springs hotels & public bath. Check out the geothermal valley, hot spring museum & public library when you are there!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank pingishere

Been to Beitou Hot Spring? Share your experiences!