“This is my ideal hotel”

Ranked #161 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
California
“This is my ideal hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

Recommended by a friend. I had low expectation since the name did not catch me at all. It turned out to be be a good surprise. The room was clean, comfy. Free Internet, complimentary breakfast, which by the way I was looking forward to every morning, simple but very tasy. I love the bathroom decor, stylish and functional.

The hotel does not have a restaurant other than the breakfast area. But there are tons of them along the street just a few minutues walk south. The hotel is near the light rail station, which can take you to almost anywhere in the city. There are only two English TV Channels. But I was out most of the time, so it was never an issue for me. The gym was okay, small and limited. I did not use the sauna.

Overall, you get a bang for every dollar you spend here. This is not a fancy hotel where you pay for services you will never use. If you are looking for a clean room with modern sytle and taste, funtional and efficient, convenient located, very reasonably priced, this is the one.

• Liked — Cleaness, Taste, Location, Price
  • Disliked — Elevator (you need to swipe your key every time you use the elevator)
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank easitravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2008

I Stayed in this Hotel in 1st week of June for 5 days. Very Smart Hotel , Excellent Service. Friendly Doorman and fast Check-In. We Stayed on the 3rd Floor. Room was well kept , very clean. But Room was very Small. I guess most hotels in Taipei are the Same. On Bed side had an Electronic Keypad which controled the lights , Aircon etc. was vey impressed. The Bathroom Pretty Smart & Pretty Small. NO Bathtub. The Most Irratating for me was The Light from Bathroom always reflected into the room, This Shows Room Pretty small. Breakfast was fine i Guess. wide variety. Pretty same menu everyday.

I was down for a trade show , so most important was distance to World Trade Centre & Taipei 101. It took us 10 mins by taxi with traffic else would be about 7 mins i guess. Its about 3km but not so near. I booked this hotel cause it said 3km from Taipei 101. But there are many more hotels near the trade show with a better price.

Taxi fair was about $NT125, Basically standard Rate, but the return to hotel with taxi was much more cause had to take a longer route to hotel.

Paid about $150 dollars , fair price for size & location, bt not the best

Overall , i would say in this hotel again if i had no other choice, Good Hotel , Smart , Clean , Friendly service, Fare Breakfast. Ok , if on Buisness not for Holiday.

• Liked — Smart , Clean , Friendly Service
  • Disliked — Very smal Room .& Bathroom
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank simpod
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

Stayed for a week in Taipei at Fullerton 41, recommended by a family member.
Spacious room-good view of 101 depending on the floor. First 4 days we were on a lower floor, when we got back from Kaohsiung and checked in again they put us closer to the top, same room but view was far superior.
The one thing I will always remember is the delicious breakfast! Traditional chinese fare on one side of rice congee, soups and assorted chinese meats/veggies and marinated soy egg, more american regular fare on the other side where you can get eggs/omelets made to order with pastries/bagels, etc.
The staff was incredibly sweet and very helpful-not sure how their english fluency is since I speak chinese...great lobby with help yourself tea/coffee/snacks/reading materials.
Comfortable room: Definitely worth the money.

Stayed November 2007
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2008

I stayed in this hotel last week for business and was on the Executive Floor (12th fl). The room was huge, well-appointed and clean. The bathroom was especially modern and functional. There was a bathtub and a separate shower area. I have posted pictures so you will get an idea about the room.

Check-in wasn't smooth because my company had got me booked in a day earlier, which was not the hotel's fault. The staff demanded payment which was also reasonable. I just didn't think they handled the matter very well. I wasn't even trying to argue but more than 1 staff kept talking, telling me why I should pay... :-(

Breakfast was served on the 2nd floor but the variety was limited. The staff also spent much time talking among themselves but when they did attend to you, they were polite.

The door man and bell hop that I met were very friendly though. It was the Front Desk that didn't handle guests well. There was no smile on their faces and one couldn't detect any warmth either. I asked for a late check-out and they extended it by an hour. Less than 15 mins later, another lady called to remind me that check-out was at noon! Apparently, she didn't know that I had asked for late check-out.

As I was in the cab getting ready to be taken to the airport, the bell hop rushed out and handed me a letter which my colleague had passed to them the day before!

Given its good location, nice spacious rooms and relatively new property, it is indeed a pity that the staff are not trained to do more to make guests' stay a little more pleasant.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank VictoriaSommers
Asia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2008

Stayed in this hotel recently for 3 nights. Booked a Junior Suite but turn out to be just a deluxe room in any 5 star hotels. Thinking it was a big room, so 3 of us slept in a room. The extra bed put up is not that clean 'cos I got bitten by bed bugs! Staff are freindly but not helpful enough. Asked how to go to a particular place, 1 staff said he does not know and said if I take a cab to that street, I can walk along and find it? Not very friendly here. There are only 2 lifts and it takes forever to reach! . But it is located in a good location - about 3 mins walk to the train station. Nearby got few shops for snacks and breakfast. Overall, it is just an ok experience for me in this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Size of Room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Redwood City, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2008

I stayed Friday through the weekend and checked out Monday. I had a corner room on the top floor (Floor 12). The room was decent sized and comfortable. The bathroom had separate shower and bath, single sink and toilet, with plenty of counter space. My only complaint is not enough places to hang used towels. Note - not all rooms have separate shower and tub. I believe one of the main differences between this room and the less expensive ones are the bathrooms.

A/C, TV, internet worked fine. On-demand movies are available. Very clean and crisp bed sheets that were changed daily. Down pillows. Bathroom amenities fine. My room also had bathrobes, both spa and leather slippers, in-room safe that was easy to use, bottled water that is replaced daily.

Security - I liked how you had to use a room key (card with magnetic strip) on the elevator to get to any of the guest floors - even if you are going between guest floors.

Check-in was easy. Staff speaks English if you need it. Bellman helpful. Loved the free internet access in the business center (tho you pay NT $10 per page for print jobs which is more than reasonable).

Breakfast buffet good and very convenient. I was not there for business, but I would guess some might prefer if breakfast started earlier. Breakfast is available 7am-10am. Nice selection of Western and Chinese foods. Food was fresh, looked and tasted good. I ate three breakfasts and at each there was something new & different. I get the feeling if I stayed one more day that breakfast would look like what I ate on day one.

An alternative (especially if you want to eat earlier) is a local Chinese place (turn left as you exit the hotel, walk to next stop light, cross the street, the place is on the corner - you can't miss it b/c of the crowds). I went one morning and ate you tiao, xian dou jiang, and fan tuan for NT $75. They are also open after 9pm and you can get xiao long bao.

Around the corner from reception is a nice sitting area with complimentary coffee/tea and cookies all the time. Coffee is made with one of those fully automated machines - excellent tasting!

I did not use laundry and dry cleaning service, but I did check out the prices - all reasonable. For example, NT $450 for same day or next day dry cleaning for a two-piece suit.

Excellent location close to MRT station. Great for business travelers. During my stay there were many non-Asian customers. I will definitely come back.

• Liked — Location, clean rooms, lots of places to eat nearby if you don't want to eat at the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank kht2006
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2007

Taipei Fullerton is located just next to the Da-an subway station and you really cant complain about the convenience of this place. Close to Taipei East (the Taipei 101 area) as well as other shopping, location is unbeatable. Rooms are modern and clean. Staff are also very helpful and friendly. I guess the place does have a very new-ish and minimalist ambience. Nothing fancy or too unique but definitely modern looking. Breakfast is decent but I'm not too particular about the first meal of the day! For its value, I have no qualms in recommending this hotel.

Stayed September 2007