I have been staying in Fullerton hotel – Funan for a few years when I go to Taiwan on business. It’s a mid size hotel and good for business travelers. It is ok for leisure if you don’t need fancy amenities like pools, restaurants, spa services or big lobby.
1. This is a non-smoking hotel. You will only smell smoking in front of downstairs rear exit door (close to elevator). Most guests and staff congregate and smoke there.
2. Most of the business friendly amenities such as Free Internet, Free Wi-Fi, small lobby area for a quick meet, Free Coffee,…
3. Friendly staff and willing to help (as long as it is within their authority).
4. Breakfast is ok for the price (free). No hassle, just sign in yourself. Not a lot of selections but fresh and good food. They will cook eggs and omelets for you, just ask.
5. Free water bottles, good TV, good bedding, and even music player.
6. Sometimes you will see small tourists group but not many. Unlike some big hotels that you have to compete with tourists just to get in and out.
The not so goods:
1. The hotel is right by the light rail system and heavy traffic street. All the windows are old and does not insulate sound very well. You can hear honking even on the 12th floor. Not very loud, but if you are a light sleeper like me, you can hear it. The door does not insulate well either and it is a small hallway so if your neighbor is loud, you are in trouble.
2. No late checkout policy, they want to charge you $300/hr for late checkout. Unlike most of the business hotels that will accommodate late checkout up to 4pm.
3. Don’t stay in the room on 12th floor right below the gym. Not a good idea….
Conclusion: If you set your expectation right, at the price level, it is a very good business hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taipei Fullerton Hotel-Fuxing South is located at the center of the Dunnan Business Center, near the Fu-Xing S. Rd. and Sinyi Rd. With easy access to the MRT Daan station, 5 minutes arrives Taipei 101 and direct connect to every corner of the city. The architecture of the hotel is combined the technologies and the intellectual interior designs, a perfect exquisite and elegant executive hotel. The classic, comfortable, relax, and fashionable lobby welcome your arrival. The intimate lobby offers you the huge comfortable space for you to meet with your guests. The hotel offers free freshly brewed coffee and home made cookies in the Bauhaus's art style with the accompaniment of the beautiful sunshine. Feel the excitements and surprises. For your intimate stays, there are over 100 guest rooms with the top facilities for you to choose from. The hotel uses the simple elements to create the comfortable and private personal space. The perfect business facilities arrangement set up within the hotel with innovations. The exquisite Taipei Fullerton Hotel -FuXing South is expected to bring you the brand new living experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Taipei Fullerton Hotel-Fuxing South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taipei Fullerton Funan Hotel Taipei