“Great!”
Review of San Want Hotel

San Want Hotel
Ranked #95 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at the San Want Hotel for three days in October. Hotel is located on a busy street with many shops and eateries nearby. Plus the MRT station is like 10 steps away!

I reserved a deluxe suite, which has a separate living room. I checked in very late, as my flight arrived at 10:00pm local time, but my reserved room was still available and ready for me when I checked in.

Door man was always very nice when I came and went, always saying "ni hao"!

Front desk staff was very nice, and helped me in securing transportation back to TPE.

Room on 12th floor, faced the main street, but on the end and it was very quiet. The best part about the room: the bed. Yeah it was a little hard, but it was huge! Big bathroom with tub, shower and toilet all in same room, with a separate sink.

Not sure what people are talking about in regards to the old TVs, the TVs in my room were both flat screen and new. The decor was typical of a Chinese or Taiwanese hotel, not that big of a deal. If you're somewhere on vacation, why should it matter what the decor of your hotel room is?

Buffet breakfast was ok, I'm not much of a breakfast eater anyway, but there were a decent amount of choices. Fried egg, sausage, sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, juices.

Good hotel, great location, decent food choices. Recommend!

Oh and the bakery next door (go out, turn left, it's before you cross the street), is really good. The cheese garlic bread is delicious!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank goalie2002

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had 2 nights here when staying in Taipei. The hotel is central and a 4 star meaning the breakfast was included with a buffet setting. The room i got when i arrived dident meet my standards, it was mold in the ceiling and i changed it quikly for a room that had clean air. Noe thing i have learned from travelling is to be more critical when it comes to what You par for. Mold is dangerous and should be avoided at all times. I asked for a room on the higher levels to have a better view and this i got when i came, the reception straff where vert friendly and helped me out when i needed guidens. Would go back here if i come back.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gobystolsvik
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location [Taipei's dong-qu) and you have all your popular resturants such as dazzling cafe, dintaifung, shin-yeh etc around the area. The subway is maybe 10 steps to exit 4 and 20 steps to exit 3 of zhongxiao dunhua stop.

Hotel reception is located on the 4th floor of the building.

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel - the service was excellent from the conceige on the first floor, to the reception on the 4th floor. Nothing was too difficult for them. I had requested for them to make some last minute reservations to some very popular rest and they did it very willingly and when the slots are all taken up, they had assisted on some alternatives.

the downside was the hotel looks tired but the rooms are clean. Think they would do great with some renovations. The other thing is that if you are taking the airport bus from san want to Taoyuan airport, you would have to go one stop to zhongxiao fuxing.

ps they have an excellent rest on the 4th floor which i tried the previous time i was in taipei called sumie - very very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Located on one of the main shopping streets of Taipei near SOGO department store and Luxy club, the hotel is conveniently located just next to the underground entrance for the blue line metro station Zhongsiao Dunhua. The breakfast buffet offers a nice array of Western and Taiwanese dishes. The fresh fruits are the highlights.

If you go for the simplest rooms in the hotel, you will find a small room with no view. It is nice to have a view of Zhongsiao East Rd, but those are higher priced rooms.

The bathroom's shower curtain and shower head do not work properly as water always spill out to the bathroom floor. Sleeping on the hard bed is like sleeping on the floor; it was difficult to fall asleep with the bed being so hard.
Fortunately, the housekeeping staff put another blanket on top of the bed; it was better but still not comfortable.

Overall, the hotel has the perfect location with super easy access to the metro station. There's a 216 street just a couple blocks away, and there are some popular eateries such as Din Tai Fung and other local small stalls. Just remember the rooms are only average with hard beds, but you are in Taipei only a few days, and you need the convenience of being near the metro in a popular area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If convenience to shopping areas, restaurants, subway stations, taxi, bus stop from the airport is important to you, this is the hotel for you. It's not the newest, fanciest hotel, but rates are great, staff are helpful and friendly, rooms are clean , more than meets my needs. Would stay here again. stayed here recently during a record heat wave....room a/c works great.. A+

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

we stayed for 6 nights in this hotel:

buffet -good
bathroom - good
bed - good

there are plenty of restaurants nearby, the bakery just next door and i think it might under the same company....

overall it is consider good with no complaints from me, my wife and my kids...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND any young couples to take up this hotel as the rooms are very old, even though it is well-maintained. The design of the room is very old fashioned, those that you will find in the 90s. They did not renovate the rooms to make it look newer. One major inconvenience was that there was only one power socket in available in the entire room, and it is just not possible to be sufficient in our current society with the use of multiple electronic handheld devices.

The service was not impressive at all. It was stated on Agoda that it is 5 stars but the staff are not very well trained. I arrive at the hotel for my one night stay and they could not find my booking. They asked me to use the business centre to print out the voucher for them and I had a difficult time using their business centre. The computers are more than 10 years old (Intel Pentium 4) as well as the printer.

When I finally got assigned to a room, I requested for late check-out and they checked the status of the hotel before agreeing to it. I was given the check-out time of 1:30pm instead of the usual 12pm. HOWEVER, the front desk called me at 12:20pm and informed me that I was late for check-out. I told the front desk over the phone that I was given a late check-out yesterday and she did not believe me. I insisted that I need a late check out because I woke up late for the fact that I thought I could check out late. She finally agreed to it and told me that I MUST check out before 1:30pm.

I got out of the room at 1:20pm and guess what. I was greeted with a very sarcastic remark from their staff right at the door. That was shocking and uncalled for. Their level of professionalism is really low.

For anyone looking to stay around Zhong Xiao Dun Hua area, I strongly advise you to look for other hotels around that area as San Want Hotel is expensive and yet poor in service as well as the quality of the room.

P.s. The bed is really hard and uncomfortable to sleep on.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple