“Clean but old fittings”

Ranked #446 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
taipei
“Clean but old fittings”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Can't comment on value, as didn't know the price, but the bath had strange burn marks on it, the taps in the bathroom leaked, (both the bath and basin taps). Water from the tap in the bath came out slightly brown. The fridge has no minibar, the aircon smells a bit funny, and has no thermostat. There are only two spare electrical sockets in the bedroom. one of the bulbs had blown in the lights over the desk. The room is dingy, and the decor throughout the hotel has seen better days.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank taipeistayer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Malaysia
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Stayed here as part of our tour itinerary. Note sure how much it would cost per night since the accommodation was already included as part of the tour. The hotel is pretty old, the room we stayed was small in size and bit dim, but at least there was a small window in our room. The room itself was ok, not especially clean or dirty. The breakfast was so-so, not much of a variety and food wasn’t good. But the location of this hotel is fine as it is in Ximending area which is good for shopping. It is also close to the MRT station (Ximen) which took us about 10mins walk there, with lots of shops on the way! I don't think I would recommend this hotel to my friends, but hey if you have a small budget and looking for a hotel in Ximending area for a short stay, why not?

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank Thomari
USA
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My friend and I went to Taiwan over our spring break from school in Japan. We got a hotel + airfare package and this was the hotel we ended up with.
From the airport it was supposed to take about 15-20 minutes to arrive at the hotel. This ended up being completely off. In the nighttime, when we arrived, it took over 40 minutes to find place. The streets of Taipei are not lit well at night and the front of the hotel is very unassuming. Be sure to look up pictures beforehand so you can find the place. We did do this but still had a tough time.
Well, needless to say, we found the hotel. The staff were helpful and spoke enough English to handle our affairs. The hotel room was very basic. The bed was essentially two single beds right next to each other. This was a big odd but it was fine for two students traveling on a budget. The sheets were clean but the room seemed to have a bit of a dingy feel. On the ceiling there was some sort of decorative structure and when I went to look at it, "eugh," it was covered with dust. The room itself was filled with the basic amenities and we even had Taiwanese cable. Of course, watching TV was not on the itinerary!
The bathroom was the most questionable. There was no actual shower stall, just a single shower head looming above the toilet and sink. Because of this set-up, everything got drenched after either of us showered.
Paradise Hotel is located right near one of the prime shopping districts in Taipei. This was probably the best part of the hotel stay.
Now for my biggest complaint. I can deal with sub-par bathrooms and less than average beds for a few days but I am really upset that the postcards I mailed at the front next NEVER got to any of their destinations. I have never had any issues giving my postcards to the front desk, paying for stamps and having them mailed out. For some reason none of the postcards my friend or I sent got to the recipients. I believe this is the part of the hotel staff and not the Taiwan mail service.
Overall, this was an unremarkable budget hotel that was suitable for our stay of a couple days. We chose to save our money on hotel costs and use it for shopping! I would not recommend this hotel to others nor would I ever stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank TanoshiiTravel

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels