“Near to Ximenting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Paradise Hotel
Ranked #437 of 564 Hotels in Taipei
“Near to Ximenting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

The service staff in this hotel are very friendly, and the room is clean and spacious. Definitely value for money. The hotel is situated just next to the shopping area of Ximenting, and there are many shops selling local food. Should try the "white bitter gourd juice with honey", something unique here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Andy_C99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

This hotel was recommended to us by my brother who stayed here with his family last year. I would say that this is a good hotel taking into consideration of its location and rates and will recommend it to friends.
We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights. Room given to us was clean with window as requested by us when we made the bookings online.
The bathroom was clean and quite spacious. The bed was comfortable and clean. Combs, tooth brushes, tooth paste.. were all provided.
The room was cleaned daily during our stay here. There was no unpleasant smells in the room. Air-condition was OK.
The location of the hotel is good with plenty of shops and restaurants around. The Ximen MRT Station is just 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Travel by MRT in Taipei is very convenient.
Lots of good food in Raohe St. Night Market and of course there is the famous Shilin Food Square.
Taipei is a nice place for holiday. We have an enjoyable and memorable holiday here. Definitely we will come back again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Langela21
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

The hotel is terrible ! the window cannot open , the air condition didn't function well
the air condition sometime very cold , some time very hot . The room got one kind of smell..
Worst hotel i had in Taiwan.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank P0werpuffgirl

Travelers are raving about these Taipei hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

Went there with my friend, my sister and her boyfriend. We stayed at Rainbow Hotel previously in Taipei and just wanted to try something else for the same price (not that there is anything wrong with Rainbow, in fact I still think it's good.)

We had 2 rooms, I can't decide which was worse. I think we had a choice of renovated or non renovated rooms, I think we chose the renovated ones and somehow that seemed worse.

We were given rooms that were situated right in the middle of the hotel? (maybe that's why it's called "renovated", space in the middle of the hotel were "renovated"to become rooms).

My room had a window but it was perpetually dark - like night dark. At first I thought there was a bad storm outside, until we stepped outside in hot sunny weather did I realise that it was wasn't a storm! My room was so dark because it faced some alleyway. It was so dark we tried looking out the window but can't really make out anything. Except maybe there seem to be another building nearby? But what's the point of having a window that gave no light?? It's eerie being a room that seemed to be perpetually at night even in the day time.

The cupboards didnt close properly but that's a small issue. Then the shower room was too small, if you opened the door, the shower/toilet doesn't extend much more inside than the door's width. And of course there is no separate shower stall separating the shower area from the toilet. If you stood in the shower area and someone opened the door, it would hit you, the shower spray nearly hit the door anyway.

Now back to the room, one side of the double bed was against the wall the other side had the drawer beside it, and guess what? A bit of the drawer (maybe around 3 inches?) actually blocked the pathway of the shower/toilet. A good thing the shower room door opened inwards huh.

But the absolute worst thing about the room we had was the noise. I don't remember which floor we were on but I don't think it was on the 2nd or 3rd level, even then it was horribly noisy all throughout the night even into the early morning. In the night we could hear loud voices talking, shouting, playing (I wonder if it's due to the window in the alleyway?), we weren't sure where the sounds were coming from nor why was it so loud, why were there people constantly talking late into the night anyway? It sounded like a live 24hours filled-with-old-men-chatting-coffeeshop boardcast.
And we could also hear people in other rooms turning on their shower taps, luggages being dragged across the room. My friend swore each night she could hear scratching against the wall on her side of the bed.

By the way, we pay the same price for Rainbow hotel and Paradise, but this hotel doesn't have hot water in the room, you have to go outside to get hot water. You can't boil water in the room.

Now on to my sister and her boyfriend's room. Guess what, their room have NO windows!! First time we had a hotel room with no windows. We were kinda shocked.
Their room feels small but their bathroom was bigger and better than ours. They actually had a shower stall.

In the early mornings, after the noise from the talking, shouting, playing ended, you start hearing sounds of people packing, going out of their rooms, closing of doors, waiting for the lifts, basically people preparing to leave early. That's about 4am-7am.

After that maybe from 7am-10am, you can hear banging doors, knocking, loud shouting from the chambermaids that are coming up to clean the rooms. Repeatedly knocking to see if there's anyone inside, then shouting to ask if there's anyone in, after that the normal banging of open/close doors. It was HORRIBLE. I can't believe we stayed nearly a week there, about 6 nights. We paid the full amount via internet booking (stupid huh, I didn't think paradise was that bad given the nice photos.)

Actually we peeked into other rooms that had windows facing the street outside, they had proper windows and rooms seemed alright. Anyway, it's not a good value hotel, please look for better hotels as there are many other choices in Taipei area. I don't even think it's a good location because it's nearly a 10 mins walk from the train station (and Rainbow was way nearer). For a 10 mins walk from the station, there are many other hotels.

I think this hotel ought to be classified as 2-star, their lobby is deceivingly 3-star but their rooms aren't.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
9 Thank infrarouge
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

the location of the hotel is great near to ximending,MRT and around the hotel we can find lots of mini market and restaurants.BUT

there are 4 BIG REASON why we should not stay at this CONVENIENT HOTEL!!!!!

(1) i feel being cheated because i have book a triple renovated room but when i reach there they give us a double standard room with a extra bed.when we argue with them they said that we have mention to them that we want a extra bed instead of a room with 3 beds but actually we din do that add all plus our receipt have clearly stated that our room should be a triple room not a extra bed room!!!!

(2) the room of the hotel is still extremely primitive.Although they stated that the room is renovated, but they just paint the room. The door is so thin until anyone pass trough my room i can hear they steps and the basin leak water.The facilities of the hotel is too old i think over 30++ years been used.

(3) feel not secure in the hotel. the basement of the hotel is a public low class yoga plus gym house which mean everyone can enter the hotel as they like and during my staying period i heard that customer complain about property missing(cause my room near the floor house keeping desk and as i said the door is too thin i manage to hear whatever outsiders said).

(4) the last day of my staying at here i have call the house keeper to give my some tissue paper as i have finish using it. But i wait for hours and at last the house keeper din send the tissue to my room and the worst part is the one who pick up my phone is the HOTEL MANAGER who also in charge part of the house keeping department.

advise: there are much more small but nice hotel around ximending or you can choose to stay some where else at taipei such as around zhongxiao E road, it is also also some where like ximending but i think is a place better than ximending to shop/buy things. So do survey them instead of staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
15 Thank shermain
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

I ve booked a package throught Travel expert.

I was so angry and dissapointed by The hotel.

My room wasn t ready at 2 pm. There was nobody in The same floor than us. All The trash were standing in The front of our room hich is close to The elevator.

The bathroom is very old and not very tidy. The package was pretty expansive. The room Look More than a hostel room than an hotel room.

I Will not recommand this hotel.
I am More angry against travel expert hk than The hotel !!

• Stayed November 2010
5 Thank Little_asoy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Me together with my family and friends was staying in this hotel in the first night. The staff is friendly but the room is abit small. They have internet wifi only at the lobby can be connected. The location of this hotel was good as it was within walking distance to Ximending.

• Stayed October 2010