“Good location with clean room”

Cosmos Hotel Taipei
Ranked #30 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed May 27, 2010

A good 2 min walk from the hotel to Taipei Main Station MRT. Spacious triple room with large dressing table, side table & chairs. Other amenities include mini-fridge, safe, kettle & drinking cups, hair-dryer, bath-tube, weighting scale, 3 bottled water (supplied daily), bath towels, face towels, hand towels, etc. Wide selection of TV channels with English, Chinese & Cantonese. International breakfast with breads with jam, cereals, porridges, noodles, fruits, salads, soup noodles, coffee, tea & milk. Within 5 min walk from the hotel, there’s 7-11, HSBC bank & Starbuck. 4 or more taxis are always in front of the hotel for guests.

Some TV channel will not transmit smoothly when it is raining (shower type rain). Staff came to the room & confirmed that it is because of the rain (a bit disappointed). One of the front office staff not performing to my expectation (did not at least put on a bit of smile).

Nevertheless, we have a good & comfortable stays.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lykok
Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)

Reviewed April 19, 2010

I read wonderous reviews on this hotel and thus I decided to try it myself on my trip to Taiwan. I stayed with Cosmos on my last day in Taipei because of it's location which is very near to the train station and the airport bus station. Couple with it, there are departmental stores within walking distance. So it seems the best choice.

I was badly affected by the staff there. Yes, it's called a tourist hotel but when they saw us walking in with our backpacks, the staff at the reception did not even bother to receive us and just carried on doing their things. We had to raise our voice to call them to attend to us and a senior staff unreluctantly served us and when we had a miscommunication on the payment, the senior staff showed us his temper! He then signalled the bellboy to come and carry our bags knowingly that we did not required this service and my partner decided to unbuckle his backpack for the young chap out of courteousy, ending up paying the tip.

Room for a double wasn't as spectacular as what mentioned in the reviews and photos of the hotel's website. In fact, it was super squeezy. The bathroom has seen better days. Everything looked used and old. And probably because it was such a popular hotel for tourists, we constantly heard people walking in and out the corridor creating much din until past midnight. The free breakfast buffet was so-so, nothing interesting - just your normal local food which I rather eat out.

Cost, I would say it's mid range towards the high side. Seriously wasn't worth of value to me. Had not for the convenient location, I would have think twice. Next time when I visit Taipei again, I will definitely not choose this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kisetsu
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We had a great stay in Cosmos Hotel Family room. The room was clean and the amenities fully provided for. What more can you ask for. The service and staff of the hotel were polite and accommodating with requests and basic needs. However, the only setback was the that the bed was pretty hard. By the time we realised it was already almost midnight. Should have tested first and change at the earliest opportunity. Would definitely consider staying here again. Kudos to the hotel staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MJ-NORA
Reviewed February 12, 2010

we stayed in their family suite, which consists of two separate rooms that was perfect for my family. they had it decorated japanese style, with tadami and everything. they are an excellent breakfast buffet in the morning, and their japanese restaurant located on the first level was great. they are located right behind the famous night market in kaohsuing, and close to the central subway station so you can get anywhere fast. the hotel staff was very helpful and the rooms were very clean every day when arrived back to our room. excellent, excellent stay will definitely stay over and over again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank didismommy
Reviewed January 15, 2010

Stayed in this hotel on 8th Jan. & also 12th Jan.~13th Jan.2010. On 8th Jan., we stayed in the 3 persons room, NT4500 per nite. Applause & very grateful to them, that they're able to let us into the room earlier than the norm check-in time, this is definitely a plus point especially after flying for at least 14 hrs, from USA to Taiwan!! Room is okay, but not big enough for us, as we've alot of luggages. Bathroom is not gd also, as there're cracks on the walls of the bathroom & also the sanitary stuff is abit rusty. Really doubt abt hygiene in the room. Gd thing is, we're able to "store" our luggages there when we went out for our trip to the South of Taiwan. Thank you very much for that! Another thing is, as I've made a BIG MISTAKE when I've mixed up the hotel book'g dates & there's 1 nite when I didn't book any rooms!! Luckily, the staff in Cosmos Hotel helped me thru this with their professional service for their clients!! On 12th & 13th Jan. I upgraded the room to the Deluxe Family Room, 2 Queen Size bed with a wall partition in between. I really luv this!! Its not too expensive, juz NT 500 more per nite but you really can know that it is really worthy for what you paid for!! Not onli the rooms are so much bigger, privacy is also better, view is gd! No words can describe how I luv this room this time!! Its a MUZ TRY!! Now for breakfast, I'm spoilt for choice also!! Not onli you can find something to eat if you are a vegetarian, there's really too many choices!! Western, Chinese, Vegetarian!! Its really, U Name It, We Have it!! Staff is friendly & to my surprise, they really make it a pt to remember which room you are staying in!! Marvellous!! I'll definitely wanna stay there again!! Oh yeah!! Location of the hotel is also a Big Plus!! Its juz in the Centre of Taipei City!! Can go anywhere by walk or if you wanna go Taipei County, the bus stop is juz opposite...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This hotel is ranged as three star.(as I remember)
The conditions was much better than i guess!
I think it worths four star if compared with other places'.
The serving attitude quite nice,they're friendly and passionate =D

Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Just came back from 4 nights in this hotel. Must say that I was quite impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, especially the toilets. No mildew or slime anywhere! Shower curtain had a dank smell but that was a minor point. The rooms are a little on the small side and as a previous posted said, I too don't like the fact that the wardrobe mirrors face the beds. But.... the beds are entirely moveable to whatever configuration you want, which is important for parents whose kids still cosleep in the same bed, like mine.

The staff are really friendly and great with the kids. Genuinely so. They readily agreed to help me with restaurant reservations as well. Only one concierge staff refused to read my simplified chinese writing so I just wrote in English for him :)

Breakfast had a decent spread but pretty much the same everyday. There is a noodle shop a couple of doors down towards the train station that has really nice stuff.

Lastly, was very grateful to them for finding and mailing back my keypouch which I left behind.

Good hotel to base yourself at.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family