“The hostel itself is a travel experience”

Homey Hostel, Taipei Main Station
Ranked #20 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Taipei
Wellington, New Zealand
“The hostel itself is a travel experience”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

For a first-timer in Taiwan, the service I've got from Homey Hostel definitely gave me a great first impression of how welcoming Taiwan is. This great first impression started with their timely replies to my queries. I really appreciate that they've found the time to provide information and assistance for a solo traveler like me. The facilities are clean and I'm loving the colorful and happy interiors of the hostel. Great location too as it's just a walking distance from the Main Train Station. On top of that a complimentary bread, jam and fruit platter in the morning is very helpful for early rising travelers who just need a fast breakfast to start their day! Definitely worth the bucks!

1 Thank ianyum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Aruba
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Just to add on those great responses: Homey is already an attraction for me in Taipei. I met dozens of energetic, amiable young people with interesting stories to tell; Some even became my companions. You'd hear different Chinese dialects, Japanese, Korean, English, Thai, German, Dutch, French, Spanish and even Arabic spoken here in the lobby. I will bring my friends back!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

It had a great atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby had plenty of seats as well as tables. The computers were there for use as well as free breakfast in the morning. The bedrooms were very clean and even had adapters for the outlets. It is also a very centralized location. You are close to many things as well as the Taipei Bus Stations and Taipei Main Station for the subway. I will definitely stay here if I ever come to Taipei again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jakarta
Reviewed January 22, 2014

To be quite honest, i found the service PRIOR to checking in was great. They replied to my emails promptly and very accomodating. But once we get there, i find the service to be average... the workers were kinda indifferent. Perhaps it was a busy time (Jan 2014) The location was great and the common area was very nice for people to just hand out and chill. They also very expensive. I found that what they charge me on the day and the price they gave me on emails were different. I assumed this was because they upgraded me from a 7beds dormitory to a 4beds dormitory. So i didnt made further inquiry. But i wish they had let me know that they have upgraded me, instead of just charging me on the day of my arrival.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Homey Hostel is definitely deserving of a 100% review. Staff were fantastic, super nice, and spoke great English. Rooms are clean with bunkbeds. Bathroom and shower were also spotless. RFID keycards for building and room access. About a 7 minute walk from the main High Speed Rail and MRT station in the middle of old Taipei.

Beijing, China
Reviewed January 19, 2014

warm welcome nice cute sweet and smart and wonderful staffs I feel its a right place for u and u friends to stay . nice place to share your stories.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hangzhou, China
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am from China mainland and this is the first time I went to Taiwan. Homey Hostel is my first stop in Taiwan, and when I open the door of Homey Hostel (although it's a little hard to find...) and WOW!!! the dining room is soooo cute, just like our home! It's clean, tidy, warm and sweet!! The stuff here is warm and nice. People from around world living here is sooooo polite to each other!! You can get free toast and Taiwan fruit every morning, and you can use the fridge to maintain your beers and milk(I love to buy a big bottle of milk every other day in 711 and put it in the fridge so that every morning I can drink a cup of hot milk using the microwave oven)...everything here is sooooo sweet and it made my trip to Taiwan an excellent experience!! I will go back here sometime in the future!!

• Stayed January 2014