“Comfy and nicely decorated rooms”

Orange Hotel - Ximen Taipei
Ranked #106 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfy and nicely decorated rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

As per the directions given on the hotel website, I took an airport shuttle bus (TWD125) from Taoyuan Airport to the Taipei Station where I took the MRT (blue line - 板南 Ban Nan) to get to the Ximen Station (just one stop from Taipei Station).

For those who are travelling with heavy suitcase, please locate exit 6 instead of 1. This is because exit 1 has a few flight of steps to take before reaching the escalator to get to the ground floor. Exit 6 has 2 lifts that will get you to the ground floor. Cross the road (Chengdu Road) to get to the side of Exit 1 and walk along Zhonghua Road where the hotel is located on.

When I arrived at the hotel, there were two hotel staff manning the reception desk. The hotel staff were very courteous and friendly. One helped to process my check-in matters, while the other gave me information on where the breakfast area was (basement of the hotel and is open 24/7 beyond the breakfast hours for free beverages and yogurt) and asked what toiletries I required (which were then handed over to me along with the keys).

I was very impressed with the room design and felt they were as per the photos posted on the website. The bed was very comfortable and I felt very at ease in the room.

The only issue that I had was that I could hear the sound of people using the shower in the room above mine (typically late at night which is why I have a low rating for sleep quality) and voices from my neighboring rooms.

The room was also a little cold despite my attempts to adjust the room thermostat / AC panel... Guess I should have just called the hotel staff up for help but I got lazy... and plus the bed comforter helped keep me warm at night... the cold didn't bother me too much.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay a lot and I would definitely recommend people to stay at this hotel for it location, cleanliness and comfy room.

p/s: I have no comments on the breakfast as I didn't go down for breakfast at all. However I did get the yogurt on my 1st night of stay and I liked it a lot. :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank CelineT17
james9844, 經理 at Orange Hotel - Ximen Taipei, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Celine
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we are so glad that you like our room and design, I hope our service let you feel like home, enjoy and relax .
I suggest next time you should come to try our 24hrs self service as basement , a lot of guest love it
we are looking foward to see you soon!!!
Thanks

Orange Hotel Ximen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

交通非常方便,距離捷運只要一兩分鐘;飯店新開張,設計時尚,既漂亮又舒服;服務人員友善,為住客提供貼心的服務。最令我欣賞的是那24小時自助咖啡、鮮奶、乳酪及生果提供,很窩心呢!我住了五天四夜,真的感覺舒適方便,下次到台北希望也可入住這間旅店。^^
It's easy to access, just 1 minute to the Mass Rapid Transit. The newly opened Forte Orange Ximen is so great with good design and well equipped. The staff are nice and helpful to customer. I like the 24-hours self-served coffee corner so much which provide coffee, fresh milk, yogurt and fruits. It's so great. I resided for 5 days 4 nights in December 2013. It's really comfortable and convenient to other places. I hope I can book and live in Forte Orange Ximen again next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NicoleLee15Dec2013
james9844, 經理 at Orange Hotel - Ximen Taipei, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Nicole
謝謝您選擇福泰桔子西門,您的鼓勵是我們進步的動力,福泰桔子西門全體員工將期待您下次的到來.並祝您2014新年快樂!
Thank you for choosing Forte Orange Ximen, we're glad that you like our design and service, we hope you enjoy your X'mas with us, we all looking forward to seeing soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

First impression of the room... WOW!

It is decorated with many details that aim to inspire.

The bed is elevated right next to the window, and it tucks nicely between the two walls. Beautiful decorations line up the wall feature that inspires creativity.

Everything that you ever need is found within the room... surprisingly! And once you step out of the hotel, you are within reach to one of the most exciting night markets in Taipei.

Thank you for the inspiration.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clemen C
fortehotel179, 經理 at Orange Hotel - Ximen Taipei, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for choosing Frote Orange Ximen as your accomodation during your trip , and we are glad that you share your experience with us, it helps other travlers to know about us,
Also we are happy to hear from you that you like our room design and deco.
we are looking forward to see you soon!!

Forte Orange Hotel Ximen- Resident Manager
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel is located barely a minute away from Ximen subway station, which is the best part about this hotel, the other being close to the Ximending eating and shopping area. The lobby is small, and they have breakfast area in the basement, where they serve basic, milk, tea, coffee, yoghurt, fruits, bread, etc. This is included in your rate. The rooms are small, but acceptable size for a budget hotel, but not exactly acceptable for the price you pay. If you want to stay in Ximen and be close to the MRT, this is your hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
福泰飯店集團, 經理 at Orange Hotel - Ximen Taipei, responded to this review, March 7, 2017
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Walk to mrt take less than 5mins
breakfast provided (bread, egg, Ham, cereal, milk, coffee/tea, fruits, yogurt and cake)
Room is clean and brightly lit
Staff is friendly and helpful
But not worth the money as the room is very small.

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Staffs were very polite and helpful. We checked into a clean room but with cigarette smell. Complained to the front desk and they were very prompt in helping to clear the smell. Thumbs up to the staffs.

• Stayed July 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We arrived in Taipei late on Saturday night at about 3am without a booking. We looked at a couple hotels, but they were full. We finally tried the Forte Orange, and they had one room left, and it had bunk beds. It was actually really good for us since we were 2 adults & 2 small kids, and the sleeping arrangements worked out quite well. The lady that checked us in, Rita, was very nice & helpful; she brought us extra pillows and towels even though it was so late. She spoke great English, too.

The room was a little small for four people, but it was big enough. It was very clean and comfortable. Very clean! The design is modern and tasteful, and totally quiet. The beds were comfortable.

The location is great, being only a 2 minute walk from Ximen MRT station and the Ximending walking area. There are a couple of cool outdoor bars behind the Ximending Red House that were good for a beer and people watching. They're supposedly popular with the young and LGBT crowd, but It was not apparent when I was there; the crowd had a good mix of people. I enjoyed walking around and looking at the shops with my wife & kids.

I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back don't have any traffic noise.