“A nice Boutique Hotel”
Review of WESTGATE Hotel

WESTGATE Hotel
Ranked #49 of 587 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at the Westgate Hotel on my third visit to Taipei. On Previous occasions I had lodged with a close friend at his apartment. He wasn’t Taipei this time round, which is why I had to find a Hotel for myself. The Westgate Hotel was his recommendation and it did turn out to be great choice. The hotel is very near to the Ximen subway station, a walk away from the Red House. The rooms were spacious and well-maintained. The bathroom was equipped and had most facilities. The staff were very attentive to details and actually made an effort to ensure you have a comfortable stay. The food was good too though I did not have too many meals at the Hotel. I mostly had my food at restaurants around the Red house area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
WESTGATE永安棧, Executive Office 執行辦公室 at WESTGATE Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Lucille M.:

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that your friend recommended WESTGATE Hotel for your Taipei visit, and that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. Our service team will be happy to hear of your positive comments.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Taipei!

WESTGATE Hotel 永安棧

Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

A simple hotel with a touch of Art all around the hotel. Room is clean and the king sized bed also seem larger then normal. However if you are sharing the room with a friend then it might be a little inconvenience due to the lay out of the toilet. There is a curtain that you can pull to cover some area so that you can dry yourself after the shower as there is no official toilet area as per say(look at the picture and you will have a better understanding). There is also a international wall plug in the room so you do not have to worry about forgetting your travel adapter. International buffet breakfast is serve in this hotel and I like it that breakfast is serve till 10.30am so it is a good excuse to stay in bed. Yet again if you are in Taiwan you will most likely pop out for breakfast. A small gym with 3 machines. Location is great as it is just 1 min away from the subway and the shopping district.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
WESTGATE永安棧, Executive Office 執行辦公室 at WESTGATE Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear LarryGwee:

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us and we will share your positive comments with our service staff. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have to clarify my situation first. When I booked the hotel at the travel agency, which was the HK Priceline, I was told that this was a five star hotel and the room was for four people. Then I checked the reviews here and expected a room with two sinks. The fact was, the hotel was at most a four star and my room only had one sink for four people. But this should be blaming on the travel agency for the misleading info. Despite the misled expectation of a five star hotel, the hotel was quite nice with a little bit mordern design. The room was clean. The service was good and promptly. The breakfast was great! The location was the best! It's right next to the subway entrance which had full handicap access. It's also right next to the entrance of xi men ding walking district, surrounded by many named shops and restaurants from travel books. Although the streets were very crowded and noisy at night with all the shops and street shows, I couldn't hear a thing inside the room. Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel. Will totally recommend it to my friends who will like to stay in xi men ding area.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Fatfishet
WESTGATE永安棧, Executive Office 執行辦公室 at WESTGATE Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Fatfishet:

Thank you for your review. We are truly happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities and services satisfied your needs. Our entire service team will be delighted to hear of your positive comments. We will also remind our various booking channels to review their information and to provide accurate information to our guests.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked a triple room, 2 sisters and a teenaged nephew. Bathroom no hooks or place to hang/put clothes or towel when taking shower. The bathtub is also wet when taking shower. How can any of the 3 of us just come out of the bathroom to dry ourselves and put on clothes. Toilet bowl, basin and bath should all be all enclosed and with a door, for stays like the 3 of us unless the hotel should make it clear that it is for couples only.

I could not put on my makeup in the morning because if I did, I need to on the lights and this would wake everyone up. If it is enclosed as I mentioned above, I could have done so without waking up those who wanted to get up later. I can only say this kind of concept fits only for couples or singles.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Alice_chan_50
WESTGATE永安棧, Executive Office 執行辦公室 at WESTGATE Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Alice_chan_50:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are truly sorry that our guest room's open space design failed to meet your expectations. Your comments are important to us and have been forwarded to our management team for discussion. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Nice and friendly staff - no matter front desk, housekeeping and restaurant staff. Fast check in and check out procedures. Excellent location with just 1 min walk from Ximen MRT station Exit 6. Close to various shopping places and Ximen Red House - with art fair nearby and exhibitions that should not be missed. The room is a bit small though, but it is clean with modern interior design. Complimentary water is replenished daily. Bed is comfortable. One unpleasant experience slightly affect our impression towards the hotel - staff entered our check out date into the computer wrongly, which is one day before. Therefore when we went back to the hotel in the second night, all our key cards are being disabled. Luckily staff are helpful and keep apologizing. Despite of this inconvenience, all other aspects of the hotel are superb. I will definitely stay in Westgate again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
WESTGATE永安棧, Executive Office 執行辦公室 at WESTGATE Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear YYKan:

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope you and your family had a wonderful time in Taipei. We do apologize for the inconvenience that the room keys have caused you. This issue has been forwarded to our Front Desk manager to be improved upon.

Thank you again for choosing WESTGATE Hotel. We look forward to your next visit in the near future!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Anyone going to Taiwan should avoid WESTGATE Hotel 永安棧 - Ximending Taipei and all Westgate properties in the future. You are required to prepay and for any valid reason you cannot go, they will not refund a single cent to you. A more reasonable stance would be to refund everything minus one day. This is how hardball they are, so congrats to them on losing my business for good.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Alex L

Dear Alex L:

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry that you and your family were unable to stay with us and enjoy the new year celebrations in Taipei. We have identified your reservation, which was our prepaid New Year "三天兩夜跨年專案" non-refundable package.

Your suggestions are important to us, and we will forward them to our management team for review. Thank you!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The location is excellent, just 20 steps away from Xiamending LRT exit 6. There is a taxi stand just 10 steps outside the main door. Plenty of famous restaurant and shops around.

I booked a premier family room for four persons in Christmas for 4 nights through agoda. The room is big and clean with 2 queen beds, separated shower/bathtub and toilets and 2 large sinks. The reception service is good and staff is polite. As this is a new hotel opened last year, the decor and renovation is new and modern.

The drawback is limited seats for breakfast so one may need to wait in peak breakfast hour and the selection of breakfast is fair, not enormous and the daily variety is limited so you may feel a bit tired after eating for more than 2 days. The hotel provides free wifi in room but the speed is quite slow.

Overall, comparing with other hotels in Taipei in similar price range, I have no complaint and will definitely come back when visit Taipei again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Harris_Liu617:

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback is important to us and your comments regarding our breakfast selection has been forwarded to our F&B manager for review. In addition, we are currently working on expanding our seating capacity, which would help alleviate the seating issue during peak hours.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Happy New Year!