“Fantastic hostel in Taipei” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Banana Hostel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Banana Hostel
Ranked #30 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Taipei
Seoul, South Korea
“Fantastic hostel in Taipei”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was the second time for me to have stayed in Banana. As I had wonderful days there for my holidays in last Dec, I decided to book it once again with no hesitation in this May.
All staff are super friendly and helpful, every room was always clean and also very stylish!
And one of the best things of this hostel is its location where I could get around everywhere from, because it is only less than 3-4 MRT stops away from almost any attraction and other famous places. Yong Kang St. where there's a lot of nice restaurants and cafes is just 3 mins distance away by walking. While many of boutique hotels are located in Xiemen where is crowed and noisy, Banana is in Dongmen where is much more laid-back and quieter than xiemen.

Room Tip: Any room is good. I had stayed both female dorm and mixed dorm. there's a privacy curtain by ev...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 차민 홍
LexiHuang, 業者 at Banana Hostel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you dear, that's very nice of you. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Although Taipei was an addition to my plans the stay was one of my trip highlights. The hostel itself is fantastic. It is wonderfully decorated, clean with great service and the rooms are more than expected. Adding to that a great location to walk to main sights or use the metro right next to it. If I come back, will certainly be the place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Karl B
LexiHuang, 業者 at Banana Hostel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Karl, thank you so much for giving us those sweet words! You are so nice, friendly, and also always keep smiling. Hope you like our country and city, and maybe come back to explore more:)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I love banana hostel sooooo much! The location is very convenient! I stayed in the deluxe double room. The room is clean and comfortable. The bed is huge! I will probably spend my stay in banana hostel next time when i visit taipei!

• Stayed May 2014
LexiHuang, 業者 at Banana Hostel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate you choose our place to stay and expect your next stay!!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I’ve backpacked around the world for 15 months and stayed in countless hostels, but Banana Hostel is the cutest I’ve ever seen! (It’s also my first one in Asia to be fair) but you will fall in love with it. The hostel is clean, cute, new, modern, has very spacious bunks in the shared dorm (not bunk beds, think gigantic cubbies w/curtains), clean sparkling bathrooms, a spacious kitchen with facilities and outdoor patio, as well as a lounge area on the reception floor. Wi-Fi is throughout and fast.

The location can not be beat, all of my local friends said the location was great, you are just 5 min from Yong Kang St, close to all the famous food joints, and the neighborhood is still cute and quiet, not as busy as Sogo area (where I have historically stayed). The Dongmen MRT stop is around the corner and you’re just a few stops from all major parts of Taipei.

The staff is super friendly, best of all they gave me amazing advice on where to eat. Lu rou fan (pork over rice), dumplings (jiao zhi), night market (Ning Xia), they will be super helpful to you during your stay so don’t be afraid to ask.

Be sure to take your shoes off and switch slippers where noted (so clean; ) and I happened to catch one of their beer nights, lots of fun and great way to socialize with other travelers!

Room Tip: Large dorm room is mixed, spacious bunks
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
LexiHuang, 業者 at Banana Hostel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Jia, thank you so much for this great review! We all staffs like you so much. Hope you will enjoy your travelling around the world and come to Taipei again:)
Oldenburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I had no expectations before coming to Banana Hostel, but if I would have had some they would have been surpassed by this hostel.

Not only is the location great (close to nightmarkets, shopping districts, excellent restaurants and cute cafes, a central metro stop, marvellous parks and beautiful tourist spots), the hostel outstandingly clean and the facilities very good (I especially enjoyed the roof terrace and made good use of the washing machine and the excellent wifi in all rooms), also is the atmosphere brilliant. It was easy to get in touch with other travellers and to profit from the local advice the welcoming and amazingly friendly staff gave.

I stayed in many hostels all over the world and this is by far the best I have ever been in.
I as backpacker value hostels where you can meet others easily, but have as well some time to calm down from overwhelming travel experiences.

In Banana Hostel the stylish furnished lobby and kitchen give space for exchange and meetings and the (huge!) bunk bed cabins in the wall with dark curtains guarantee privacy and a good night sleep.

I highly recommend this hostel to everyone who is travelling alone or with friends and to everybody who is seeking for a possibility to catch up on the Taiwanese atmosphere and hospitality.

Room Tip: Even the 16-bed-dorms in the Cool Banana Hostel give more privacy than 4-bed-dorms in other hostels...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
LexiHuang, 業者 at Banana Hostel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Hey Marie, thank you for such kind words, that's really much appreciated! And we are lucky that we really see you again in Banana! Enjoy your Taiwan trip!!
Gwynedd, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Banana was very clean and friendly with lots of public areas for meeting other travellers. Very cool, stylish vibe to the place, with really helpful staff. They have put curtains on the bunks so even in the mixed dorm (which has about 6 bunks) you still have privacy. Great location, right next to Dongmen MTR station, so easy to get everywhere. If i ever visit Taipei again, i will stay here!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
LexiHuang, 業者 at Banana Hostel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We really appreciate that you can leave us a perfect review, and so happy to see you like our staff and design. Hope our city has given you the same felling. Welcome back to Banana!!
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Banana Hostel is very new so everything is very clean. (Well I reckon if it gets old it will still be clean ;)) The location is very central just 2 min walk to the nearest metro station. The area is very safe at night. (Taipei is basically very safe every where at night but Dongmen district feels like a relatively newer and hipper district) And the hosts are super helpful. We originally booked a twin room for 4 nights but there was something wrong with the room we booked and the owners had to repair it just before we got there. They were so nice to upgrade us to a bigger room with no additional charge for the first 2 nights. Because the nicer room was booked by someone else already for our remaining 2 nights, our hosts promised to find another room for us in other hostels and they did, very efficiently. They are really very helpful in the course of this and made sure we had a good stay. I'll definitely consider staying with them again next time I visit Taipei. For the room rate I've paid, this hostel is top-notch!

Room Tip: I took a look at the mixed dorm room and female dorm room and they are relatively small with bunk be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LexiHuang, 業者 at Banana Hostel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your good review of us! We felt sorry that we couldn't accommodate you for your full stay, and hope it didn't make too much trouble for you...Maybe we can host you again when you come to Taipei, and we won't send you to another place,promise! hehe :)