“Great Great Hotel!”

Ranked #30 of 575 Hotels in Taipei
Okinawa, Japan
“Great Great Hotel!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I'm an platinum member with Intercontinental hotel and Diamond member with the Hilton. This hotel by room standards beat the ones I stayed at before and I'm a world traveler. The rooms here are FIRST CLASS! Talk about modern and fancy. I love the bath room with rain forest shower tv in bath tube and everything else to quality doors wooden floors and a tolite from the future. I mean when you open the separate bathroom for the tolite. The tolite lids opens atomic (wow) and all the functions this tolite does to your booty (: Yes, I'm a guy and with this thing I like to sit and pee now.

Location is pretty good with shops/restaurants all over and a Starbucks right outside. Staff is super. Got a upgrade as it was my anniversary.

Bottom-line, you gotta try this hotel. You will enjoy.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aero09053

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I must admit that this hotel has impressed me for its beauty and the courtesy of the staff. It is brand new, and this may explain some of the glitches that I experienced. But it is really a splendid hotel. Upon arrival I was upgraded to a room which while not a suite, it was large and perfectly designed (room 1820). I enjoyed every moment of it. The toilet (sorry but it's true) game me some moments of fun while I tried to understand how it worked, being iper technologic (and I run an IT company!) to the point of intimidation..... But everything was beautiful: the furniture, the bed (extremely confortable), the way the room was partitioned, the barthroom, the shower and bath tub area, with a buil-in-wall TV... all splendid.
The hotel coomon areas are also very nice, with important marble status, beautiful sofas and a very nice breakfast area which also becomes the buffet type restaurant for lunches and dinners.
The fitness centre was good, even if as it often happens even in modern hotel the gym area was not big and lacked the crunch equipment. I did not see the swimming pool but one colleague informed me it was good.

So, let's come to the glitches: the TV system is slow, very slow.... not very nice to work with.
The laundry service, probably because it is part of such new hotel, did not work properly: I left my laundry in the morning, was not returned in the evening as expected. No problems, but the day after, when I was about to leave the hotel, the laundry had not arrived yet. I called, they could not understand well (they spoke little english), anyway I thought they understood. Half an hour later, room service arrived asking if I had laundry to give. I explained no, I have laundry who I should get back. It finally arrived again half hour later, when I was about to leave the room. I must say though that when it arrived it was perfectly presented.

The last glitch: the hotel Japanese restaurant on the 5th Floor: Yamazato. Super expensive, and not the right quality for the price I paid. Yes, ingredients were all good and the Teppanyaki service and presentation perfect. But at 180$ per person, I expect absolute perfection, and something which makes me faint (not the bill, which effectively did make me faint. Btw, Yamazato sounds like Ammazzato, which in Italian means "killed"... I wonder if it is correlated with the bill....).

The above said, I will definitively be back.

Room Tip: My room 1820 was really great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GPS001
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Spent 2 nights during the Mid-Autumn Festivals, i.e. end of September. The door-men were very friendly & gave you their kind attention when needed, One of the place I'd like to spent after a long day was at the Creation Club, even just for a short period of time. The staffs are very helpful. This made the whole atmosphere very warm for guests. We like the design of the separation of toilet with the bathroom, yet they can be put together as one because of the smart designed partition. The downside was 2 single beds too close to each other, leaving a gap of about 2 inches only. And, there is not any airport bus services directly reaching this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Was my first time in Taipei. Was unsure where to stay. She ended up booking me at The Okura Prestige Taipei and The Okura Prestige Bangkok, both brands were unfamiliar to me, but she was spot on. Service is seamless. Rooms are impeccable. Real elegance to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo