“Very nice”

Dining options: Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Very nice”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Have the mango ice near SYS. Portion is hugh enough for 2 person, only that time is go they don't have fresh mango so they replaced with mango jelly instead.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
“Don't visit Taipei without trying Mango Shave Ice”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Mangos and shave ice, 2 of my favorite things to consume in Taipei. You get them both in copious amounts at Ice Monster. Its very popular. There is usually a line, but the line moves fast. Its great shave ice. It is a little more expensive than I'd like, but definitely worth a fun thing to do.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Naomi D
Princeton, New Jersey
“Amazing taste/texture....”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Discovered Ice Monster on Tripadvisor and checked it out on Monday, Oct 1st. Arrived on site via a short cab ride at 4pm and was a bit surprised and discouraged with the line in front of the store. About ten people in front of me, and ended with about 10-15 minutes wait. Once I placed the order and paid, there was about another 5 minutes wait for the signature mango ice treat.

The treat was simply amazing; the ice had a cotton candy like texture with the appropriate level of sweetness. The fresh mango chunks on the bottom complimenting the ice perfectly. I am still amazed with the texture of the ice; wonder how they made it. One suggestion, instead of just providing napkins, it would be even better with wet/alcohol wipes.

1 Thank Steven S
USA
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

While visiting Taipei a friend suggested that I try an ice monster dessert, and WOW! Am I glad that I did! This place is AMAZING! They take finely shaved ice and pair it with fresh fruit, creating THE MOST SPECTACULAR frozen desserts! And, the portions are TREMENDOUSLY generous! Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to one of these desserts, if you find yourself in Taipei! You will NOT be disappointed! ...OH! ...but, be prepared for a VERY LONG WAIT if you desire to eat there. When my friend and I visited (on a Wednesday night) there was an estimated 2-hr line for seating in the restaurant. We opted to get our desserts to go. ...and, the store manager was kind enough to provide us with free sample desserts while we waited, too!

• Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“I visited two days in a row”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The day after I heard ice monster had a tapioca milk tea shaved ice I dragged my cousin and waited in a 40 minute or so line to try this novelty.

For 160 nt you get a monstrous sized bowl of milk tea shaved ice accompanied with milk pudding on one side and then an extra side of tapioca pearls. If you like milk tea, you should also like this. It was delicious.

Because there was a 100nt min per person, my cousin ordered the lemon jasmine tea shaved ice (200nt) which was really fantastic as well- light and refreshing.

Expect a wait. Don't be put off too much by the line though; it moves pretty fast. If you really don't want to wait, you can order to go. You could sit outside on a bench by the Mrt and enjoy it that way, weather pending.

1 Thank wunderlast