“Great Location, Friendly Staff”

Les Suites Taipei Daan
Ranked #101 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights. Rooms are well maintained and modern. The staff are exceptional in their professionalism and service. They went the extra mile to accommodate us and always had a great service attitude. They do not have a restaurant on their premises but the breakfast that is included with the room package is of a very high standard. They serve both western and local fare and have a wide variety of each. There are numerous eateries in the immediate vicinity. Highly recommended for travelers preferring a more cosy and personalized experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AlphaTeam_Newton

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I usually stay in large chain hotels because of the benefits and familiarity with business travellers. This hotel was recommended to me and I found it to be very pleasant and relaxing. The staff were excellent and the breakfast sensational. A few negatives were that the shower turned into a bath, flooding my floor and the gym was not a gym but instead an area claiming to be a gym. Despite these two negatives, I would stay in this hotel again just because the staff are so nice.... oh and the location is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here a few times now. The hotel is only 9 floors high with about 6 normal rooms per floor, there maybe suites in other floors. Service is pretty prompt and staff are well trained. Breakfast is a decent fare which is pretty much similar everyday. Rooms are quiet and have all the necessities required of this class of hotel.
I like the location of the hotel because is just a bit off the busy stretch of shopping area yet at a quiet neighborhood. It's within walking distance to two MRT stations, lots of shops and shopping malls, eateries at 216 street, and the hip Eslite bookstore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Great service and friendly staff . They anticipate your needs and recognize you by face. Nice beds and convenient location. Stayed an extra night instead of changing hotels. They have taxis on hand and are available by phone for taxi drivers who do not understand the location. Breakfast is good as well.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and 22-month old daughter and I just completed a 4-day stay at Les Suites Da-an and I could not be more pleased with our stay. This is not a small compliment since we frequently stay at hotels. My husband is a consultant and regularly stays at nice hotels in Europe, Asia and the US, including the St. Regis, the Ritz-Carlton, the W hotels, Park Hyatts, Marriotts, etc. We continued to travel as a family once our daughter was born and have stayed at a variety of high-end hotels.

In some ways, you can't compare Les Suites to the major hotel chains listed above. It's smaller, so it doesn't have the spa or pool or extensive amenities. But outside of that, we didn't notice a difference from the major hotel chains. The hotel is decorated very stylishly (modern, clean lines), has a lovely little lounge where an extensive and delicious FREE breakfast buffet is served and where you can have coffee at all hours, and where a lovely afternoon tea is available. The rooms are well-sized (we stayed in a suite with a large king bed; sitting room with sofa, coffee table, and desk; bathroom with separate tub and shower; vanity table). They provide cellphones which was helpful in tracking down my husband one evening. Wireless internet is free. The coffee in the lobby is really good and we're picky about our coffee.

The service is excellent and personal. The staff remembered us and made us feel at home. They also catered to our specific personal needs, such as bringing us a space heater so we could make sure the room was very warm for our daughter who refuses to use a blanket and asking their cleaning service to wash our baby carrier which our daughter had thrown up on after the long bus ride from the airport.

This is a GREAT place for families with young kids. They are very kid-friendly. The staff was very loving and attentive to my daughter and very tolerant of her wandering around the lobby and touching everything. The suites are excellent for letting your child nap, but allowing you to be awake and hanging out in the sitting room (sliding doors separate the sitting room from the bedroom). The extensive breakfast buffet means that there's probably something that your child will eat. They didn't care that we would fill up our thermos with milk for our daughter before we left the buffet and that we would take an extra croissant or two for the road.

We chose this location because it was located close to our family. I think visitors may prefer the Xinyi area because of the newer shops etc. However, I think this location is fantastic for families because of its proximity to the Sogo department stores. Food courts are great with/for kids. There's also a small playground if you cross Zhongxiao Road (stay on Daan Rd). There's a 7-11 just down the road, which was excellent for 3 am milk runs since our daughter was jet-lagged and would wake up at 3 am and want milk. The underground mall nearby was a lifesaver during rainy days. And ShinYeh restaurant on nearby and a kid-friendly (albeit expensive) way to experience traditional Taiwanese food.

Our complaints: we only had two. First, the shower doesn't drain well so you need to aim the shower head away from the door and towards the drain *and* stuff the bathmat underneath the door so that you don't flood the bathroom. Second, we found it to be really cold in the room. As another reviewer mentioned, it appears that the AC is centrally controlled so we couldn't turn it off. Luckily, they provided us with a space heater so it was warm enough when we were sleeping.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank xinhua2007
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is my first experience with a boutique hotel, and after this, it won't be my last. We really enjoyed our stay here. I'll start with the really good things about this hotel that put it over the top.

1. Complimentary fresh fruit and water in our hotel room every day.
2. Excellent hotel staff. They spoke great English, were always there to help us, and thoughtfully went above and beyond to get things we needed. When I told them we were going to the MaoKong gondola, one of the staff checked to make sure it was open for us (without me even asking) and gave us a nice brochure on the place. When we needed a taxi to the airport, they had one out there and waiting for us even before we were downstairs to catch it. Always friendly and smiling.
3.Fantastic breakfast. Hot and cold and a variety of fruits, and all in a very relaxed, comfortable setting.
4.Very clean rooms.

I debated on giving this 5 stars, because we really did enjoy our stay. I wish TripAdvisor would let us give half stars, because this should be 4 1/2. But since they don't, here's the things that made me decide on just four stars, even though these are pretty piddly complaints:

1. The walls were pretty thin. If anybody walked around or made noises at night, you could hear it. Luckily, this only happened one night, but it was annoying.
2. The bed only has a comforter on it. No sheets. Which is fine unless you have two people that fight for covers. Sheets would have been nice.
3. It was hard to drain the bathtub when you were taking a shower.

Other than that, perfect stay. There is a great little cafe called Wednesday Cafe close to the hotel, and the metro station is a couple of blocks away, so the location isn't too bad. If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing, and very accommodating hotel, this is it.

Nikki Bennett
Visit my travel blog at: www.nikki-bennett.com/blog

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I traveled with my husband who was going to Taipei for business. I liked how the hotel had a boutique-y feel to it. The staff were so friendly, they always greeted me when I left and when I came back from anywhere. The room was modern and nice, and the breakfast that comes with your stay is pretty tasty as well. All in all, I'd probably stay there again. We checked out the nearby Hyatt, and it was grande, but it definitely had a more commercial feel to it than Les Suites did. Definitely check it out if you're into boutique style hotels.

There is a Hello Kitty Cafe right near the hotel which is a fun place to check out if you're into that type of thing. We also ate at the Din Tai Fung (twice!) and liked it very much.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business