“A grand hotel next to the iconic Taipei 101”
Review of Grand Hyatt Taipei

Grand Hyatt Taipei
Ranked #33 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, null, Singapore
“A grand hotel next to the iconic Taipei 101”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in Nov'12 for business. Although the external facade of the hotel looks a little dated, the lobby area was huge and grand. I did notice the 2 huge talisman positioned on each side of the lift lobby. Having read some information on the Internet regarding the origins of the talisman , I am glad I did not encounter any paranormal experiences :) the rooms were relatively large, but the design and color theme was a little on the dark side. I understand that rooms were in the process of being renovated during the time I was there. Looking at some of the photos of the newly remodeled rooms, I am glad to say the rooms looks much nicer and appealing now. As mentioned, the link way to Taipei 101 is indeed fantastic with easy access to shopping and eateries. Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms , especially those facing Taipei101.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LKH131

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Jagulon Beta
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Chose the GH Taipei on the strength of the service at the GH Singapore. Two quite different hotels in style but the service ethic is consistent. I found the room facilities to be very adequate. Location was great for my purpose and room had a great view of Taipei 101.

The Japanese buffet was an excellent way to dine and indeed to try things for the first time. Would certainly come back on future visits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

after many trips to Taiwan and many Hotels I finally had the opportunity to stay at the Grand Hyatt, fantastic choice.

I was with a team of 4 who had traveled from different points of the globe and with 2 never having traveled to Asia before.

The Hotel is excellent and the service rises above most hotels I have ever stayed in. The wife off one of the team had also joined the trip and she is gluten intolerant, wow the restaurant baked gluten free rolls for her every morning, now that is service.

The location is great with being able to access 101 by an elevated and covered walkway, which also can deliver you to a host of shopping centres, restaurants and even the cinema if you need one.

I love Taipei, and my business trips have always been a pleasure, but I will now ensure I will stay at the Grand Hyatt when ever I can now.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ross L
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Grand Hyatt's lobby may be impersonal and slightly dated given its 70s architectural vibe but that's about the worst you can say about this hotel. Everything else about the hotel - its rooms, its restaurants, its club lounge, etc. - are top of the line. The rooms are currently being remodeled and the results are superb. The hotel's location is also a big plus as it is right next door to restaurants, shopping malls and Taipei 101.

This hotel chain's international division really sets the bar high. Way to go, Hyatt!

Room Tip: Take a club room as it will give you access to the club lounge which is run in the best Hyatt tradit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bobby C
Leverkusen, Germany
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I arrived here recently on a Saturday evening on a flight from Jakarta and was picked up by the hotel limousine service directly after clearly immigration. The smooth ride into town in the top of the range Mercedes was the first great impression of this wonderful hotel and great city. On arrival, check in was trouble free and I was soon riding the elevator up to the upper floors to my comfortable room looking out onto the Taipei 101 building. The Sunday was a quiet day enjoying the superb breakfast and generally taking it easy in this luxurious hotel and the surroundings. The location, being right in the centre of town and close to a number of shopping centres and Taipei 101 was great. I walked everywhere and felt totally safe. As to be expected service was fast and all staff I encountered were courteous and friendly.
I stayed a total of 4 nights and felt very much at home. My room had all the mod cons including a flat screen TV and I particularly liked the pillow "menu". The air conditioning in the room was perfect - it lulled me into a false sense of security as the outside temperatures were well over 30 degrees and were a severe contrast when I did leave the hotel. I also appreciated the free WiFi which allowed me to continue to work and keep in contact with my HQ back in Germany.
I only ate once in the hotel apart from breakfast. I have written a separate review of my experience in the Bel Air restaurant.
I checked out on the final morning and left my luggage for later pick up as I had a late night return flight to Europe. After a day of business, in the evening I was able to shower and change my clothes in the fitness room changing rooms. Totally refreshed, I was whisked effortlessly back to the airport by the same hotel limo service with Taipei 101 fading into the distance.
All in all, this was a super experience and I look forward to returning some day soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors with a view out on to the Taipei 1201 building
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
markham
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed a few days in April 2011, and a few days again May 2013. Rooms are immaculate, as are the open spaces, elevators... I only ate breakfast there; there was ample choice and it tasted just fine. I fly to Taipei from Toronto and after a 15 hr flight bracketed by airports, taxis.. I find the sleeping accommodations nothing short of God sent. The staff have always been positive, pleasant, polite and professional. On this last trip I tried the outdoor pool on the 5th floor - 29C weather outside, I did laps in the morning, in the afternoon and it felt great. They divide it into 3 swim lanes. The exercise rooms looked clean and reasonably well equipped, but I wasn't into that. I enjoy walking around, and the neighborhood is safe. This time I didn't bother bringing local money, I exchanged at the hotel. I hope one day to travel here with my family, it would be a treat for them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hard to beat the Grand Hyatt in Taipei. For the price of a shoebox room in NYC you will stay in an amazingly decorated ultra-comfortable room with great views of the city (ask for Taipei 101 views). Great fitness center and swimming pool. Great dining.
Two features set it apart: The location is very good because you're acros the street from Taipei 101 (and the amazing noodle restaurant there, 1 Michelin star) and a beautiful park with Chiang Kai Sek mausoleum in it.
And the incredible service. An example: When we left for the airport, the front desk called the taxi (on route) to make sure the driver knew what terminal our airline was at. Crazy, right?
You will need to take a cab for the old city or the National Museum, but it's worth the drive in order to stay at this temple of comfort. By the way, I loved Taipei, what a gem of a city!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family