I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 4 nights in late May. They have just completed remodeling the west wing of the hotel and I was lucky to get one (see the pictures). It was much more comfortable compared to the old rooms (which are nice but a bit bland). The decoration is very tasteful with a oriental touch. The bathroom is gorgeous with marble all over. All appliances are updated and lighting is centrally controlled at bedside.
However there are several areas of improvements.
- Shower is huge but there's no bathtub
- There are 2 shower heads: a regular one and a rainforest showerhead. Both are controlled by a single knob. Three times I overturned the knob and cold water showered down my neck from the rainforest showerhead. Not too pleasant but definitely wake you up good.
The Grand Club has returned to the 22nd floor. It was also updated and much more comfortable with lots of sofas and couches. There's now a chef preparing hot food during breakfast and happy hour times. One thing I don't like is that they got rid of the computers and printers. Guests now have to go all the way to business center on the ground floor to use the PC (I usually use them to print boarding passes).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Taipei is a luxury Taipei Hotel which anchors the city's most vibrant commercial centre in the Xinyi district. Adjacent to Taipei 101 Mall and Financial Tower, this Taipei 5 star hotel is conveniently linked to the Taipei World Trade Centre, the Taipei International Convention Centre and the Exhibition Halls.The grandeur of the atrium lobby, entrance and driveways projects the luxurious image of Grand Hyatt Taipei, where the design concept is centered on embracing the local culture. while also offering grand, luxurious and innovative style.The hotel's guestrooms and suites have a residential ambience offering scenic views of Taipei 101, the mountains and Taipei city, while our Grand Club rooms provide added luxury and personalised services. The residential, apartment-style suites on the top floor of the hotel provide distinct and exclusive accommodation, as well as stunning views over the city. Grand Hyatt Taipei is a city hotel that offers a variety of culinary choices in its multi-cuisine restaurants and bars. Food and beverage options include Chinese seafood and grilled US prime steaks. Visitors can also unwind in relaxing and luxurious bars. Grand Hyatt Taipei is home to extensive meeting and event facilities, including a magnificent pillar-free Grand Ballroom and the grand residence, Taipei's unique residential-style multi-event venue. All venues are professionally equipped and the hotel can host any event, from a private seminar for eight to a large convention for 1,200. Grand Hyatt Taipei also offers the best in luxury hotel recreation, including two 24-hour gymnasiums and an outdoor heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hyatt Taipei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Taipei Hotel Taipei
- Taipei Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Taipei
- Taipei Hyatt