“Nice Hotel, Well located, great service”
Review of Grand Hyatt Taipei

Grand Hyatt Taipei
Ranked #30 of 584 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here on business. The service was very good. Hotel is located next to Taipei 101 and close to MRT. It has very good restaurants inside the hotel, but expensive.
Room service food quality is fantastic.
The breakfast is also great, lots of options, great service and quality of food was excellent.

Reading some comments, I do agree that hotel is not new, but bed was very comfortable and TV was new, bathroom ok. I did not have any issue with bad smell.
I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bosfurus

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel due to colleagues booking in same location. I would not stay here again.

Cons: Room smelled like mold. I was going to chnage it but all 5 other colleagues said their rooms smelled bad too, mainly smelling like smoke.
Internet is non-existant. I lost connection every 2 minutes and BW was low. Made my family very angry and there was nothing I could do about it, I was stuck. No better in lobby or in colleagues' rooms

Pros:
Free Breakfast buffet was the best on this trip, and dare I say, best free breakfast I have ever had in a hotel.
Location is great for nightlife
Staff was friendly, but not compared to the rest of Asia.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ed G
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The rooms in the hotel looks like 30 years old, however they have started to renovate it.
the only place which looks renovated is the GYM
the club lounge is in an open area like they put you in the corridor and breakfast is really poor
we were booked for three nights and left after the first night since they did not want to give up on the first night
stay away!!!

7  Thank AM3108
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip. Great location, immaculate service, courteous english speaking staff. Taipei 101 is next door and several rooms offer a direct view of the tower. To sum it up worth every dollar you spend here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We just returned from Taiwan and the Sky Lantern Festival, and chose to stay at the Grand Hyatt using points. The hotel is grand in size with a resplendent marble lobby that is enormous. The Club Lounge was relocated onto the second floor whilst under renovation which, although a little awkward, is staffed by attentive, well informed and helpful staff. They helped us lock down travel details to Pingxi and find other things to do without a hitch.

The Club breakfast was very good with a lot of variety. We had personalized omelettes, fresh fruit, cheeses, pastries, etc. The Chinese food was very good too. The evening snacks were equally yummy and diverse.

In contrast, the room was worn and smelled of old age. We changed rooms but it didn't help. You can see the partition behind which the renovations were occurring, but to their credit, we never heard a peep! We could definitely see the age in the tarnished, old-style shower enclosure, water-damaged wood trim, etc. I think the remodel job will likely match the splendor of the lobby and look forward to the much needed work.

The hotel lobby level staff were inconsistent helping us get taxis and only once spoke to drivers to confirm that they knew where we wanted to go, and only once gave us a taxi number receipt.

We purchased a Seven-Colored Jade vase from a shop on the lobby level. It was absolutely gorgeous, and we bartered a good price on it too. The jade is unique to Taiwan and either heavy or lightweight and translucent. The staff were very helpful and even gave a wheeled carry-on for our purchase at no cost.

I have to say that even though the hotel was under renovation, I would come again to the Grand Hyatt Taiwan versus a return trip to the Grand Hyatt Macau where the Staff were rude, unhelpful, cold and unwelcoming. They refused us access to the Club and did not even bother to help or make us feel welcome. It is unfortunate that the Grand Hyatt has such inconsistent training and delivery, especially with rooms $300-450 USD per night!

Please note: the bed was very hard, which is actually pretty typical in Asia, and when we asked if we could change rooms, they moved us, but the bed was still very hard. Their solution? Housekeeping not only moved everything, but they put an incredibly soft mattress cover (or two?) on for us and we slept like babies! Did I mention how awesome the staff at the Grand Hyatt Taipei were ?! We will be watching for the remodel to finish and planning for a return trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Taipei 101. It is styled in a skyscraper pagoda style and quite uniqu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

just a nights stay was so great in terms of hospitality, courteousness, ambience, professionalism, food and all. chinese food in pearl liang restaurant was the best I had (my experience is limited), can assure you of great taste.Opportunity arises , I would go there again.

Room Tip: just choose anything
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent 5 nights at Grand Hyatt Taipei again.
Same excellent services received again. Staff at the Grand Club even recognized me - I usually only visit Taipei 2-3 times a year. I just love the consistency and the attention to detail.
On the renovation, it's handled very well. You can't really feel that half of the hotel is under renovation: no noise, no construction works walking around, not a sign of construction. The staff also told me that renovation on the right-side (west) will complete in May. After that they'll start renovating on the left-side (east). I was also told that the entire property will be shut down for some time (1-2 weeks?) in August.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business