“Nice enough business hotel”

Ambassador Hotel Taipei
Ranked #77 of 570 Hotels in Taipei
Grenoble, France
“Nice enough business hotel”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel is an older one, but it's in very good condition and the hotel room although quite small was clean and new enough that it wasn't a problem. Some of the wait staff in the bar don't really understand enough English if you have a question rather than just ordering a drink which is disappointing, and the service is not the best. However everyone is friendly and the concierge service is very good and was very helpful in making sure I could get to, and more importantly, get back from my destination.

I think next time I'll try a hotel on the other side of town around the 101 building, one good thing about this place is it's walking distance to Ippudo which has just the best noodles.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PhillLee, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Biddazzu,

Thank you for staying at The Ambassador Hotel Taipei and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are absolutely keep continue to improve our service, which is also including English communication.

Once again, we sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedback. So that we could serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Hotel Taipei.

Integrity. Team Work. Innovation . Social Responsibility

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

From the moment I arrived with my family, we were spoiled. The staff place customer care very highly and were very helpful. From the Doorstaff, to Reception Staff always made to feel valued and welcome. The room was very spacious and yes the toilet is space age. Stylish decor and plenty of extras that made it special. The beds were big and very comfortable.The courtesy umbrella, was good quality which you had the option to purchase. The iron was good quality unlike some hotels. Everything about the hotel was stylish. The bar was well stocked and very reasonable, including the bar meals.
The MRT is within walking distance and is only 2 stops from Taipei Main Station. The Smart Card, is a must and is easy to top up. The MRT is easy to use and a cheap way to get around Taipei. Near the Hotel are plenty of shops including supermarkets and a chemist. There are also plenty of banks and restaurants. All the MRT's seem to have shopping centres attached. This hotel is ideally located with high standard of service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LordHafod
PhillLee, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear LordHafod,

Greetings from The Ambassador Hotel Taipei. Thank you so much for your kindness highlight us in details. Your generous comment is absolutely encourage our staff to provide better service in the near future.

In our hotel, we have outdoor swimming pool open from May to Oct., I believed you would have a lot of summer fun time, especially traveling with family.

Agian, thank you very much for choosing us as your home away accommodation. Hopefully, we will see you very soon. And it is always a pleasure to let us and Taiwan to be a part of happy memory in your journey.

Warmest Regards,
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place made me feel special. I think much of this was due to the staff, who were so friendly and helpful. The pool was just big enough to get a workout, and the water was crystal clear, with no chlorine smell. The bed felt like a cloud, and the john was just so fun, I started to talk to it....I mean it opens and closes automatically like a clam when you walk into or out of the room, so I would find myself saying things like "sorry, just brushing my teeth now....." When it came to breakfast, I had no problem with the offerings, and found something new to nibble on each morning. The fresh juices were also a plus, particularly the pink grapefruit with plenty of pulp. All in all, a very satisfying, comfortable experience. However, I must say that I was not the one paying for this wonderful stay, so that must be factored in too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PhillLee, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Michal. S,
Greetings from The Ambassador Hotel Taipei. Thank you for staying with us and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. Your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated.

I am very glad to be informed that you have such a very happy stay experience in Taiwan. Our swimming pool is open from May to Oct. Hopefully, you may come visit anytime soon during the open season. And I believed the john won't scared you next time since you have stayed with us with knowledge the "automatically john". Please kindly recommend us to your staff and your firm or any of your friends are coming to Taiwan soon.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your feedback so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Warmest Regards,
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks before moving into permanent accommodation. The hotel is in a good location just a short walk from the MRT. Plenty of restaurants near by.

Check-in was delayed due to cleaning afterwards I asked to be moved to another room as the first room only had two single beds.

Restaurants are meant to be very nice though a little on the expensive side (recommended by friends).

Overall the accommodation was okay nothing outstanding but dare I say this seems to be the norm in Taiwan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Changmaisausage,
Greetings from The Ambassador Hotel Taipei. Thank you for staying at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. Your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated.

You may try to stay at Pure Rooms as clean indoor air and all surface at our 10th floor. I believed it would impress you at your next stay and would provide you the best night sleep ever.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, so that we may serve our guests better and better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've booked hotel rooms all over Asia, but for some reason I agonized over the choice for our trip to Taipei. In the end, I couldn't have done better. The hotel was terrific. The property is lovely, the room was big, my husband insists that he get a heated toilet for Christmas, the staff was very helpful and had sufficient English to get us where and what we needed. The location was terrific. I considered staying closer to Taipei Main Station thinking that's where the "life" would be, but it turned out this was a much better location. It's right near a metro on the main red line but with way more life outside it. There is a morning market and a ton of little shops and restaurants just outside the door. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KimInDenver
Dear Kim,
Greetings from The Ambassador Hotel Taipei. It was very nice to read your kindness review at afternoon to cheers me up. First of all, thank you and your husband for staying with us during your Taiwan Adventure trip. Your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated.

Our executive floor is the spotlight at The Ambassador Hotel Taipei, especially, the suite rooms. In the near future, you may try to go swimming pool, it opens from May to October. Also, Chinese cuisine in the hotel is highly recommend to go.

Last, I will share this comments to colleague and I am sure it will encouraged them more to be professional and excellent in order to provide better service to the guest.
Once again we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I wish I can say that I'm truly amazed and enjoyed my stay with Ambassador but somehow, there was something lacking... And I can't pinpoint exactly what was lacking...

Checking in and out of the hotel was convenient and fast, the staff was friendly, polite and helpful which was a commendable effort. When I enquired about complimentary laundry service (which was a first in my many times traveling, so thumbs up!) and the hotel transport to airport, the staff was well informed and I have no problem getting the necessary replies I needed.

Breakfast could be a disappointment since despite the array of different food served, I don't necessarily find the variety appealing. In fact, I have to say that the variation was a let down since I found myself having the same kind of breakfast for the 3 days I was with them... A greater variation of breakfast would be appreciated, I believe!

The hotel is centrally located, a 5-mins walk to the train station and therefore, it's very convenient to get around. If the purpose is to tour around Taipei city, the hotel is definitely a good location to start with.

On the other hand, the other letdown is the interior of the hotel. I found the decoration and furnishing dated. The carpet/rug did not help either. I have to say a facelift with the room would definitely help. The gym facilities was also a disappointment since there were not many facilities available in the room, apart from the treadmill.

I might be oblivious with the room rate in Taipei but for what I was paying, I'm expecting a little more so for that, I was disappointed...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PhillLee, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Wil23low ,
Greetings from The Ambassador Hotel Taipei. Thank you for sharing your stayed experience at your precious time. Your great suggestion and compliments are highly appreciated.

As you have mentioned about interior and some facilities in the hotel, we have continued to update and upgrade to provide BEST SERVICE in Taiwan. Your suggestion is our goal to reach it and it's absolutely no doubt to continue improving.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I visited the Ambassador for a 2 night stay, we booked executive king room and this gave us use of the executive lounge , and priority check in , free breakfast and canopies and drinks from 5.30 pm. the staff were extremely pleasant and couldn't do enough to make our stay any better. the room we booked stated a city view but this was poor but to be honest it didn't matter at all. the pool area was very good although we didn't use it. there is a Steak restaurant in the hotel it was probably the best BUT the most expensive steak we have ever eaten. The bed in the room was massive and very comfortable. Sight see-ing from this hotel was easy as taxis are in abundance and the door staff even make sure you have a price for your destination before setting off. I wish staff in some English Hotels could be as nice as the staff in the Ambassador

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PhillLee, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Kimsunderland,
It was very nice to read your kindness review in the morning. First of all, thank you and your husband for staying at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel with us. I am glad that you enjoy staying here and thank you for sharing your stayed experience to everyone. Your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated.