“Love the Ambassador hotel”

Ambassador Hotel Taipei
Ranked #92 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the Ambassador Taipei (4/13-4/16/2013). Hotel was nice and clean. Staff are super nice and helpful. They were very attentive, Room was nice, toothbrushes and kimono bathrobes were replaced every day. They also provided 2 free bottle of water every day. Location was perfect, short walk to the MRT station. There was a small Chinese buffet restaurant (Chin Xiong, I think that was the name)) in the alley right next to the hotel. Foods there were very good, fresh, clean and cheap. You don't need to speak Chinese there since everything cooked and displayed in front of you. Just get in a line with the local and point to the dish you want (vegetarian and no vegetarian). We have lunch for 2 around $7 U.S. Less than 5 minutes walk to the Aniki sauna, very convenient. Will stay at the Ambassador hotel again on my next visit Taipei. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms face the alley may be quieter than facing the street
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for staying at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. Your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated.

I am very happy to know you like our hotel very much and really enjoyed your stay in The Ambassador Hotel Taipei. I will share this comments to colleague and it will encourage them very much.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your feedback so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my second trip staying at the Ambassador, Taipei. Overall I thought it was a very nice hotel, fantastic service, incredible public spaces, very good restaurants. That said, they is nothing special about the guest rooms, the are generally quite small and relatively spartan, though clean well maintained. The greatest disappointment was breakfast in the executive lounge. I ate there three mornings and the selection and variety was pretty minimal, but worse, every warm dish I had on each day was cold, not less than warm, cold. While I may return, I will likely try another hotel in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Please kindly try to accept our sincerely apology for there is any uncomfortable experience which had been made. I will inform all relatives and try to be better immediately. We will inspect our departments more punctilious and would serve better in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've stayed in the Ambassador Hotel in Taipei for about 3 years, almost full time. The staff are very attentive and very kind. The room I use which is a deluxe double is very spacious and comfortable.The location is also good because it is close to anything by Taxi, and also close to the MRT.

Wireless and LAN cable provided in room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hsinchu Ambassador and have always been pleasant, but the taipei facility is disappointing. My room was small and stale, dingy and is very different than the grand image of the front lobby. Their elevators has two sets of buttons, you have to press both to call either set, once the person catches the first elevator, he second will still stop at the floors called. Waste of time!

I have to say that the staff is friendly, location is very convenient, and the cost is reasonable at about US$150.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Regarding elevator setting we will adjust immediately and try to be more efficiently. We always want to provide better and better accommodation atmosphere and experience to guest.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My partner & I stayed in a room on the executive floor from 14 to 17 March and I cannot fault the hotel. Yes - the rooms are a little bit dated but are really comfortable. Yes, we would have welcomed more than one sachet of coffee in the room but the breakfast coffee made up for that - absolutely delicious. As you will gather, I'm a bit on the optimistic side. I go to a hotel not expecting much but when it delivers, I think it deserves praise.
I was concerned that there wouldn't be free wi-fi but there was. From previous reviews, I was concerned that the breakfast in the executive suite wouldn't be up to scratch but it exceeded our expectations. Well done to all the staff I came across, particularly those on the 11th floor reception. They were exceptional. I had need to use the business centre while I was there and all my requirements were met. Again, well done!
Is there a downside for me? Well, we ate in the steak bar and I, personally, am a bit of a philistine concerning gourmet food. It was on the expensive side, the food was really well presented but I wasn't really impressed.
I have stayed in the Regent hotel previously,which is impressive and comfortable, but I wouldn't compare the Ambassador unfavourably. I must admit though, we went to eat in the Regent two of the three nights we were in Taipei.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

I am very happy to know you like our executive floor very much and really enjoyed your stay in The Ambassador Hotel Taipei. I will share this comments to colleague and it will encourage them very much.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your feedbacks so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

To my surprise i noticed that the Ambassador is a 5 star hotel. Maybe at the opening longtime ago but not anymore. It is close to some 5 star hotels. I suggest they have a look over there and do some refurbishing. If not, unscrew at least 2 stars.
Rooms are small and boring. Breakfast is not very exiting. Bar is empty.
Actually I should have known as the pricelevel is similar to 3/4 star. So do I have a right to complain? No!
Next time I will pay more.

Room Tip: Pay more for another 5 star
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Ambassador. I stayed in an executive room and it was really nice. I have stayed at the Regent, Grand, Santos, and a couple others over the years and I really think the Ambassador is about the best. I thought the staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean, the food was good, and I look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Stay in the executive level room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business