My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in Feb overall were quite happy. Just a couple of issues that kept it from being perfect.
The first being that during our stay, the cable was 'upgraded'. By upgraded, the hotel mean remove nearly all of the english channels leaving us just with just a few basics like BBCNews. When we started our stay we had several English language channels including HBO, SkyMovies, etc. that were particularily enjoyable for anyone with terrible jetlag - some fun programming made the wasted middle of the night awake hours pass quickly. I don't quite understand why the hotel would remove these channels and then call that an upgrade. Clearly it was a downgrade. If you don't watch TV, this won't be an issue for you.
The second issue was that the thermostat in the rooms would reset themselves every few hours without reason. So we'd wake up and be boiling or freezing. It was not difficult to reprogram but got old after a while.
We stayed in a corner suite that was quite large, had a nice sized sitting room and seperate bedroom. We were given a 5th floor room that looked directly out onto the mall across the street so the view was pretty bad but not a big deal. The one major negative there is that the bright lights of the mall sign made it impossible to get it completely dark in the room at night - even with the shades closed.
Breakfast was fine albeit a bit dissapointing considering how great Taiwanese food is. For example, great breakfast pastries are available cheaply at several bakeries nearby but the options at breakfast were stale.
All that said, there were quite a few positives about this hotel. Starting with the service which was friendly, helpful and courteous throughout. The staff at Les Suites are excellent.
The location was is a bit far from the main attractions of Taiwan but cabs are quite cheap. The area near the hotel has plenty of shops and restaurants to keep anyone busy.
Last but not least, the room bathroom was wonderful. A deep soaking tub, seperate shower and toilet with toto washlet attachment. Lovely.
Overall, a good property and I can see why it gets great reviews but a few tiny tweaks would make this place excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- les suites taipei ching-cheng - Boutique Hotel Taipei offers a contemporary tranquil get-away while centrally located in the heart of Taipei. Walking through the illuminated gateway is like unwrapping a chic gift. The palpable ambience of European sophistication and polished style, along with renowned Asian minimalist pristine strikes any insightful voyager coming through this surprising boutique hotel in Taipei. A suave oasis in the midst of the ultra-hi tech, les suites taipei ching-cheng , assures a savvy, yet relaxing ambience in each of the 84 carefully appointed rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Ctrip TA so you can book your Les Suites Taipei Ching-cheng reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Suites Taipei (Ching Cheng) Hotel Taipei
- Les Hotel Taipei Ching Cheng