“Top notch services”

The Sherwood Taipei
Ranked #47 of 582 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed at Sherwood for 6 nights in January 2013. I received excellent services, so I have wanted to write this long overdue review. All the staff were genuinely helpful and friendly during my stay. The breakfast buffet has a wonderful range of Western and Eastern choices, juices, local fruits and desserts. One small gripe was that they did not serve muesli. I overslept one morning and arrived for breakfast right when the services ended. The staff who were taking the food back to the kitchen waited for me while I made my selection. I was completely fine to have the leftovers. What impressed me was that the waitress who showed me to my table asked what else I would like to have and checked with the kitchen, and they filled my order! The hotel is by the main road, so it is easy to get taxis during peak hours in the morning. There are some good restaurants in the nearby lanes. The deco is a bit aged but the room is nice and cosy. Most importantly the hotel is clean and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
PR_Sherwood, 公關經理 at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this review on Tripadvisor. We are honored to know that you are impressed by our hotel service and staff. It is our pleasure to know that you enjoy having breakfast at B-one restaurant. We feel sorry that we did not have muesli at our restaurant during your stay. However, we have more food selection and international breakfast for our guests now. We sincerely invite you to visit our restaurant again!

Also, once we see your comment, we informed all the related departments that you had a pleasant stay during your trip to Taipei. Your comment has motivated our staff to keep improving our hotel service. Your recognition is the best reward for all the hotel staff. In 2014, we still insist on conveying our core service spirit-“Home away from home”. Again, we would like to thank you for choosing The Sherwood Taipei and hope we can see you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed for 5 days at Sherwood Taipei. After my shopping I came back to my room and I saw that the door to my room was open. The housemaid leave my door open. I went to the reception, and explain what happened. The staff at the frontdesk don't care what happened. They are not even apologize, no feedback, no call to my room or worry if everything was OK in the room, even ask my room number.
Fortunately nothing has disappeared from my room.. I had several electronique devices on the table. The staff are not very professional. In such case they have to worry what should happened, if all my stuff was stolen in my room.
Very bad service and no my fault.

Room Tip: No room on the street side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Diamondsforever888
PR_Sherwood, 公關經理 at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Diamondsforever888,
We would like to thank you for choosing The Sherwood Taipei. Regarding your suggestions ad comments, we have taken immediate measurements to improve our services. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

It's the best Chinese run hotel property in the city. Rooms are spacious & comfortable. It has all the amenities as an international 5 star property, although it's showing its age a bit. Its breakfast buffet is wonderful. Folks are polite and helpful. Several nice restaurants within walking distance, and a great small beef noodle soup place on its side street. Great quiet, comfortable and conservative place to stay. However, it's a little pricey. If you are looking for a trendy and chic, this is not a place for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
PR_Sherwood, Public Relations Manager at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Sherwood Taipei. We sincerely appreciate your stay in The Sherwood Taipei. As for your comment, we will definitely to keep improving for better service to satisfy customers’ needs. We appreciate your stay in The Sherwood Taipei. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I spent several nights at the Sherwood and was overall pleased with my stay. The hotel feels like a smaller boutique hotel and is quiet and clean. The rooms are nice and the gym and locker room facilities are terrific, but some of the other common areas (the lobby lounge area and the fifth-floor business lounge, as well as the hallways on the residential floors) feel like they are due to be updated. The breakfast buffet was just renovated this month and offers a terrific selection of both western and eastern style breakfast choices. The location is less central than other comparable hotels, but we were able to make it work since taxis are so cheap and plentiful. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business, but would recommend the Regent over the Sherwood for tourists, due to its more central location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie C

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and sharing your experience with us! As one of local hotel brand, we emphasize the quality of service more than others. We are really proud that you had pleasant stays with us! It is our honor to hear that you enjoy our room, service and Italian restaurant. Your feedback motivates us to improve ourselves continuously to provide our guests with the best and most comfortable service. We appreciate your sharing on Tripadvisor and we are looking forward to seeing you again!

Best Regards,
The Sherwood Management.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights at the Sherwood for Business and was very happy with my stay. While some of the hotel communal areas look a bit dated, my double room was large, very well appointed and had a large modern bathroom suite. No complaints at all on the accommodation. The breakfast was fantastic - highly recommend. The Italian restaurant for dinner was also v good. Definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers and tourists alike.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I could not have been more pleased with the Sherwood. The rooms had a nice modern style and were very clean. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Though, my favorite part was the exceptional service. The concierge went above and beyond with wonderful restaurant recommendations, help with getting around, and even went with me to a nearby store to help me print train tickets! Our group of 15 had to leave before breakfast began, and they kindly boxed breakfasts for us to go. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gmcfarland

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and sharing your experience with us! As one of local hotel brand, we emphasize the quality of service more than others. We are really proud that you had pleasant stays with us! It is our honor to hear that you enjoy our room, service, breakfast and staff. Your feedback motivates us to improve ourselves continuously to provide our guests with the best and most comfortable service. We appreciate your sharing on Tripadvisor and we are looking forward to seeing you again!

Best Regards,
The Sherwood Management.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

A good stay at a good hotel. Location is so-so, but good thing taxis are cheap and plentiful, and getting around really easy. Service is excellent as are the rooms.

Breakfast could do with more selection - I expect more from a 5 star hotel. What more disappointing is that of the selection available, there seem to be an extreme green movement, and refilling the food was extremely slow, often with only one piece left the table.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sherwood Taipei during your trip to Taipei. As we received your review, we immediately informed all the relevant departments and ask them to make further improvement. We regret that your previous stay did not meet your expectation. Your kind review helps us to pursue better hotel service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again and giving you the best experience!

Best Wishes,
The Sherwood Taipei Management.