“Nice hotel with attentive staff”

The Sherwood Taipei
Ranked #50 of 586 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here for business travel nights. Very comfortable rooms and pleasant staff and housekeeping. Henry's bar is OK, but not much to brag about. I'd suggest walking around the area and find a nice restaurant in the area. Plenty to choose from. Beds were very comfortable and bathroom nice and big. Showers were a treat.

Breakfast was OK. Good selection of local and western foods.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

1.Sherwood is a hotel known as good service. It's raining while we checked in with wet appearances but didn't receive any warm greetings. Just felt something missing.
2. Next day while we had breakfast on B1F, I noticed that staffs chatted in front of customers...no more behaved that decent and hospitably, professionally served customers. This hotel is getting old....that thought came to my mind.

Room Tip: the pillows are not good for sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Some reviews of the Sherwood are unfair. This is an elegant, tasteful, wonderfully kept hotel with the greatest attention to detail and to guest requests. For business or leisure, dining and sleeping, entertaining or relaxing over a drink, this hotel is a treasure. Staff are inspirational and take that extra step to help, and without any fuss. Wi-fi Internet throughout the hotel. Interesting restaurants and cafes on the doorstep if you want a change from the hotel's excellent choice.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife, her mother, and I recently spent a week in Taipei. We picked the Sherwood due to its proximity to my business meeting location. I would concur with many of the comments posted on this hotel. It is an older building but its completely updated. We stayed in a junior suite and it was a great living space with a very spacious bedroom, living area, and bath. The bathroom in particular was very large with room for two people to maneuver. The bed was very firm but that is common for Taiwan. Initially we were on the 6th floor but we requested a higher floor due to the traffic noise off of the main street in front. The hotel put on 18th floor on the back on the Hotel. Very quiet. My wife and mother in law spent the week sightseeing and the location was just a short cab ride to the jade market and the Palace museum. Also lots of restaurants in the area. The breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent with good selections of both Chinese and western foods. Hotel staff were great responding to every request we had.
There was one downside to the stay. I booked a room through Hotels.com with breakfast and when I arrived I was informed by the Sherwood that Hotels.com did not book a room with breakfast. Called Hotels.com and after an aggravating discussion they agree to compensate me for the breakfasts. I submitted the bills for breakfast and they then refused to pay. Would strongly recommend that you avoid booking through this company as they do not honor their agreements.

Room Tip: Most junior suites are on the front side of the hotel and there is some traffic noise. If you are a...
1  Thank Augustmat
Flora L, Public Relations Manager at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your good response to us. We sincerely regret to hear the breakfast arrangement incidence through Hotels. com, and we fully understand your situation. We already contacted with Hotels. com to clarify this issue and they will reply to you.

Thank you again for your kind support and consideration. The Sherwood Taipei is looking forward to welcome you again in the near future!

Have a good day!

Best Regards,
The Sherwood Taipei

Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at The Sherwood in December 2012 for a personal visit to Taipei and it was great. I am staying at the Sherwood again for a quick business trip and gives me new appreciation for this hotel. From checking in, to working in my room, to the location of the hotel to restaurants, shops and attending a work function, everything works seamlessly from getting the key to my room to checking out. The room is spacious, the staff is attentive, the health club has great equipments for a morning work out before going to work, and a good buffet breakfast. I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for great quality and service.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed in Sherwood for a week, it was a grand hotel set in an olden kinda style.

Hotel was clean, staff are nice.. rooms are spacious and neat...

Distance to nearby food & restaurants are ok, to the MTR too, just a short 5 mins walk and Starbucks is just a stone thrown..

Rooms facing the main road can get a little noisy at night if you open the windows.
During year end period, the hotel automatically switch from AC to Heater without advance notifications to guests which explains why I am sweating in my room with my temperature turned up low thinking the AC is spolit but was told that it has been centralized and turned to Heater thus the lower the temp, the hotter my room.. was forced to open the windows for air & wind but the noise of the traffic kills me.

Breakfast was great.. big spread of food.. awesome but not changes of variety so staying there for a week kinda bored me with the same food over & over again .. lol..

Overall, I like this Hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends