“Good Hotel - Great Deal”

Hotel Royal-Nikko Taipei
Ranked #50 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is a newly renovated, modern hotel. The rooms are clean and very quiet. We paid an average of $150/night and upon check in they offered an upgrade special for another $17/night. I don't think this deal can be beat for a hotel of this quality. There is a small gym and rooftop pool and also has free wifi.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank eddiesNYC
There are newer reviews for Hotel Royal-Nikko Taipei

Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is my first review giving a hotel 5 stars. Hotel Royal Taipei has a 5 star boutique hotel feel with rooms so comfortable, you might be tempted to spend your entire trip in your hotel room.

POSITIVES:
Top notch Japanese trained staff
Quality bedding: Feather pillows/Down comforter
Japanese Toilet!
Well maintained/new quality finishes/construction/detailed lighting
Robe/Slippers/complimentary bottled water
Quiet room
double door room entrance for noise control
5 min brisk walk or 7 min leisurely walk to MTR
Central location: One stop from Taipei Main Station
Surrounded by high end designer shops: Gucci, LV, YSL...
20 min walk to night market
Western bed with pillow top
Biggest bang for your buck hotel
Complimentary internet w strong signal

NEGATIVES:
Bath tub is more narrow then most

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mooveestar
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I was warned that hotels in Taipei are mostly old and in need of major reno. Beds are hard and cleaniness are sub-standards. I'm obsessed about cleaniness and researched extensively before deciding on Hotel Royal. I'm happy to report that my stay turned out extremely well! The hotel has just undergone a reno in Sep 2009 and everything from the lobby to the rooms are nice, bright, modern and clean! I stayed in a Premier King with hubby and kids aged 7 and 3. I thought I would need an extra bed which would have cost an additional $50 per night but the king sized bed was sooo huge! Toilet was very clean, shower hose could be detached and it was a breeze to bathe the kids. The WC was located separatedly in another side and came with heated cover! Such a nice facility in cold winter! Room had individual Wifi, which means the signal was strong and we could surf the net/whatsapp for free every night. My only 'complaint' was hotel wasn't as near to Zhongshan MRT as I would have like it to be. It was walking distance, but I would have love for it to be nearer since by the time we came back to the hotel every evening, the kids would be dead tired and the younger one often needed to be carried once we alighted from the MRT. I paid $200 per night without breakfast on hotels.com, definitely worth it! Oh, there's a great MOS burger just around the corner, on the way to the MRT, eat your breakfast here if your room comes without it, the breaky here is cheap and v good!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Didn't know this hotel is related to Nikko, I suppose Japanese hotel traing is the best in the world just like that Chinese hotel in Qingdao, service was impeccable, place is so clean and tidy, food was so good, I have no conplains except for no heat in the lobby, it was so cold.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank john l
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We were warmly greeted by the bell boy when we reached Royal Hotel, Taipei on 28 Nov 2010 and my first impression of the hotel lobby was clean & nicely renovated. My premier king room is on the 8 level, roomy with two joined super single bed (jumbo size) that fitted us & my 2 years old. The toilet is separated from the shower/bathing area which I personally preferred. ^_^ We took our dinner at Ming Chinese Restrn service was great.

The only bad service is at Royal Bakery on level 1, the lady did not greet us(w/o looking at us) when we walked in & no smile is on her face while we were approaching her for some maracons on the display shelf.

Whereas for the location of the hotel is quite safe, maybe it was located a walking distance from the police station at the main traffic junction. And the nearest metro station is Zhongshan Station(Red line) only a 5 mins stroll and I noticed there are a number of Hair salons nearby. There was a mini night market(Ningsia Night market) from a distance about a 15-20 mins walk.

I will definitely stay in again during my next trip to Taipei.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Shernice
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night only in a Premier King Room. Luxurious room with comfortable bed. Glass walled bathroom, with wooden blinds. Separate toilet with Japanese heated toilet seat. Beautiful Japanese china teapot and cups to make tea. Safe, iron and board, and trouser press. Bathrobe and slippers. Free internet in room.

I wanted dinner at 8.45pm but buffet was winding down and looked tired, so I tried the Japanese Restaurant and thought it was very good. Breakfast buiffet had Chinese, Japanese and Western dishes. Good espresso coffee.

I found the rooftop pool to be staffed. I went for a swim at about 7.30am. On getting out of the pool I read a sign that said swimming hours are from 9am to 5pm, - but there were hotel staff there.

No problems with check-in/out. Lots of staff who are all very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank presdient
Reviewed September 4, 2010

My husband and I spent four nights at this hotel on our first trip to Taipei. It was absolutely wonderful, the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was fantastic (clean and modern), and the location was perfect. 5 min walk to the Zhongshan station, which made for easy travel around the city. Enjoyed afternoons at the rooftop pool. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple