Sheraton Taipei is located in a very central place / reasonable quite area and easy to walk to Taipei Main Station (15 minutes walk) and convenient to go to every interesting places by MRT via Shandao Temple MRT station located in front of the hotel main road. All staffs were quite friendly and able to help you even you can't speak chinese. Our deluxe room (viewing the main road) is good and reasonable spacious with standard amenities and excellent bedding as well as complimentary drink bottles (4) per day. We stayed 6 nights package with 2 single beds and including breakfast, Free Wifi (quite stable and fast) in the room for max 3 devices.
As for food at the Sheraton:
* the Buffet breakfast is good with a lot of varieties of food i.e. bread/ muffins, cereals /salads/fruits, Asian (very good Congee) and Western warm meals. A recommendation for the breakfast would be:
- Availability of cheese is very limited (only one kind of cheese) and not really easy to find (nearby the Deli shop area) on the first day of our stay.
- Expect to have more dumplings variations knowing Taiwan is famous for its dumpling e.g world famous DING TAI FUNG Restaurant. At that time we find only 2 kinds of buns (plain and with custard) and Siew Mai.
- The breakfast is started from 6:30 am onwards (and not earlier) and we had to skip our breakfast on the last day as we had to catch a flight back at 9:40 am
* The Deli shop served an excellent coffee and a very delicious Apple Chocalate Mousse.!!! but rather small place to sit.
* We also had a late supper at Kitchen 12 restaurant and the food was very tasteful. We had Noodle Wontan soup (NT$ 440++/per portion !! but quite big portion) with a very nice presentation. We really enjoyed our supper with good live music from a group of 2 persons likely from the Philippines!!
* The dinner buffet was quite packed every night and seems very popular by the locals too. In general, the food is okay but slight pricey side (NT$990++) considering what you can get from the buffet.
All in all, we enjoyed our 6 nights stay at Sheraton Taipei as well as our holiday in Taipei and surely we will come back to this hotel if we visit Taipei again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 688 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites offer guests a wide selection of room types. The Executive Floors offer executive travelers all the services and facilities they require. In addition, they have to their own Executive Lounge. For our Starwood Preferred Guests, we offer three exclusive floors. All rooms feature high-speed internet access and in-room safe. Butler service is provided for Director Rooms and above as well as all Executive Floor rooms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Taipei
- Taipei Sheraton