“Great Hotel, Fantastic Service”

Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel
Ranked #64 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore
“Great Hotel, Fantastic Service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have spent many nights in other Sheraton facilities on Business, but this was my first on a personal vacation with my family, redeeming my points for free nights. As with all loyalty programs, there is always the question of whether one will be "second class" and this is definitely not true with the SPG program.
The moment I stepped into the hotel, it was the same familiar service. I was promptly assigned my room on an SPG floor. Being an SPG member, I was given several options (even when this was an redemption stay) and we chose Wireless Broadband everyday which had no limit on the number of devices, which pleased the family tremendously. As I had requested for an additional pull out bed, I was pleased that not only had it already been set up in the room, but that there was an additional set of amenities all in place. Shortly after we got into the room, the front desk called up to ensure that everything was in place, which was a nice touch.
The Taipei Sheraton is one of the older hotels in Taipei, but it has been well maintained, with the rooms not showing their age. Service is excellent, and the staff extremely helpful. We had several deliveries to the room, and Brady and another of his colleagues at the Concierge desk were extremely helpful to help us find a cooler bag, and take delivery of a special order which required refrigeration. They certainly have kept the Sheraton flag flying high.
Certainly the staff is the reason why I keep coming back to Sheraton. Kudos to the team for being there to make my vacation a truly memorable one! Have a happy new year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear BusyDaddy,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are overwhelmed to hear that you and your family had a great time here, and that our associates were able to assist you with everything you needed. Your loyalty to the membership is appreciated and we value all our guests whether or not they are staying here using redeemed points, or paid room.

We are pleased to let you know that starting on January 1 this year, wifi in all guests rooms are free of charge. Next time you visit, you no longer need to request for a free wifi plan! We hope during your next visit, you will have a chance to enjoy a meal at one of our select restaurants. As the restaurants are extremely popular among our guests, be sure to make a reservation ahead of time to secure your seat!

Thank you again for sharing your story . Happy holidays and we wish to see you again soon!

Warm regards,
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed at Holiday Inn Sheraton Taipei Hotel for four nights and all I can say that I had a wonderful and comfortable stay. I arrived at the hotel at 8am due to my flight and I was offered room straight away as check in is not until 2pm. Service from front desk staff to concierge staff was excellent and friendly.

Was really welcomed by front desk staff. Had few issues with wireless where I was unable to connect my devices but was fixed straight away.

Complimentary breakfast was amazing especially fresh made omelette by the female chef was delicious. There were lot of choices to choose from and again good service.

Overall really good hotel and I will definitely come back and stay. Highly recommended to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonGrandeTaipei, Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Steve N,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We are always delighted to learn that our guests enjoy their stay here and that they find our services satisfactory.

We apologize for the slight problem with the wireless connection. However, we are happy to hear that the issue was solved immediately.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return!

Happy 2013,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Decided to choose this place again for my business trip and wasn't let down. This time, decided to choose the exec suite/floor. The breakfast is at the exec floor. Didn't really feel the difference in terms of quality/rooms differences. However must say that at the front desk though the service was great and excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonTaipei, Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear P O,

Welcome back to Sheraton Taipei Hotel! We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was satisfactory. We are pleased to inform you that we will gradually upgrade the facilities in our Executive Floor guest rooms in the coming year. One of the many enhancements you will see is our new capsule coffee machine. You will be able to enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee with one simple touch. Also, handmade, luxury amenities made from natural herbs and spices will be available in Executive Floor rooms.

We strive to wow our guests with not only personalized services, but also top-notch food and facilities. We thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we look forward to your return!

Treviso, Italy
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I spent 1 night in Taipei last November. I decided for the Sheraton to be sure of the level and I haven't been disappointed.

Sheraton Taipei has the luxurious settings that you expect from the brand, but it is a bit aged, especially in term of structure and this doesn't contribute to give you an emotion.

In addition, as an SPG Gold Member I expected a certain warm welcome at check in, instead I had just a profesional cold reception with recognition of my status and nothing else (somewhere else SPG hotel try to give a small sign on top of the Gold benefits).

The room was big and very good and it worth the high price. Completely disappointing was the food that I experienced. I had one pasta with room service but it was quite horrible and at the breakfast in the morning I hardly found something acceptable within the western proposal to start my day.

At the end I cannot say that the overall service was bad, but for the price I paid I expected something more.

I don't know if I will go back.

Dear Alberto1919,

Thank you for your loyalty to the SPG program and for writing about your stay. We apologize for not being able to acknowledge your SPG Gold Member status upon your arrival. We will review the performance of this aspect and improve for future experiences.

Regarding the dining issues you have encountered during your stay is not typical of the food we serve. We will look into it to ensure consistency in food quality delivered to our guests. We appreciate you for the comments you have shared.

Warm regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Good location to go most of the places. Almost next to MRT station and just 1 station from the Main station which you can catch THR to-from the airport. 1 or a few stations to shopping area and places to eat.

Inside the hotel and the room is well decorated. The staff is very good- friendly and helpful. Nice hotel buffet especially during tea time (the price is good). Clean and sleep quality is very good. From hotel design, most of the rooms are considered to be in good location and got good view.

Would be nice if provide free wifi in the room. Wouldn't hurt with that price. So hope the hotel consider it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear lousifers,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Guest rooms facing north can easily see the ferris wheel in the distance, which is especially beautiful when the flickering lights dance in the dark night sky. Should you visit again, don't forget to bring your camera to capture the spectacular view!

Regarding in-room wifi, Sheraton Taipei Hotel has completed its wifi facility upgrade program this month. Starting from January 1, 2013, all guests can enjoy free internet (broadband and wireless) in all areas of the hotel. That, of course, includes guest rooms! Roam away and share your happiest moments in Taipei with your friends and family!

Have a Happy New Year!
Sicklerville, New Jersey
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great rooms and extremely clean. All the amenities were top notch. Rooms are quiet and the breakfast food is very fresh and comes with a large variety!

I would recommend staying here to anyone who is traveling and needs a nice central location to conduct business.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer a great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonTaipei, Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Psujim1985,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Sheraton Taipei Hotel. Our location is at the heart of Taipei, close to most the major public transportation systems such as MRT, High Speed Rail, and Main Train Station. It is ideal for business and leisure travelers.

Take some time off after a busy work day and take the MRT to the night markets and get a taste of the local culture! We welcome you to visit again and don't forget to check out our brand website for special room offers!

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel is very well maintained. The rooms were big and the bed was very comfortable.
First time in Taipei- decided to stay there as it is a Starwood hotel.
Transport is very convenient, the restaurant is pretty good.
Only there for 2 nights. I would stay there again if back in Taipei.
All the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonTaipei, Manager at Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Michael R,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and thank you for choosing Sheraton Taipei Hotel for your first visit to Taiwan.

It is our mission to be attentive and exceed the expectations of all our guests. Thank you for your support and we hope to see you again soon!