“Great place to stay”

Ranked #72 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I actually stayed here in 2011.
The bed in the room was really comfortable, the room was clean and the bathroom was huge.
The buffet breakfast was good too.
Good location to walk around. Overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BryanL34, Marketing at The Westin Taipei, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Jennyhann :.

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. We are happy to know that you had a good time here and enjoyed our service and food. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

The Westin Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I would expect higher standard for the brand. Service wise is excellent, I think if you stay in any hotel within Taiwan, their customer services are always very good.

I think the hotel is a bit old and location is not so ideal. Not near to any mall or night market.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BryanL34, Marketing at The Westin Taipei, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear David :
We'd like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your valuable feedback is important to us, and we w'd like to share more secret side and popular spot near by the hotel with you .

We apologize for all the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

we ended up moving to the Westin after being dissatisfied with a different property we checked into earlier in the day. definitely has a conference hotel feel to it. rooms are spacious with the usual heavenly bed and shower that comes with all westin hotels. big desk with printers and every office item you need. loved the spa and fitness center here. guest services was polite and prompt and the check in was great. I believe the agent who checked me in was named Jason. the hotel was nearly sold out but we still got a nice upgrade. Jason was great in making sure we had a perfect stay. location is fairly central in Taipei and a quick ride on the MRT to anywhere in the city. I prefer the W hotel but would definitely stay here again if I am lucky enough to visit Taiwan again.
definitely recommend this property!

Room Tip: the building is designed so that you don't hear all the hustle and bustle from outside. very muc...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
BryanL34, Marketing at The Westin Taipei, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear DK_ninjaaaaa :
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. We are happy to know that you had a good time here and enjoyed our spa, fitness and guest service. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Best regards,.
Hesperia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is my second stay within the last couple months and I truly enjoy the stay. The rooms are comfortable - I adore the beds and large pillows! Rachel and Joy are wonderful at the lobby bar - very friendly and wonderful hostesses.
Ryan and Evan at Churchills Cigar Lounge are also very friendly and attentive - makes it nice. Overall, everyone (most) are very friendly and helpful - the front desk staff is great! They say it's a 5 star hotel, but it does need a little updating/fixing. It would also be nice if they had ice makers on the floors - they are very attentive when you have to call down for a bucket of ice, but I would prefer to just walk down the hall and get my own.
I've read where some people complain about the coldness of the rooms, but personally I'm good with it, the bed has a very large down comforter which keeps me nice and cozy and they provide two differnt robes (one heavy one lighter) plus house shoes for when you're lounging around the room.
It's in a good area, close to a lot of attractions and just up the street from the Brown Line MRT,
the night market in town is very small and food only, although there are shops around the corners.

Room Tip: if you have points - UPGRADE, the regular rooms are a little small but they are still comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Annette H :
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. We are happy to know that you had a good time here and enjoyed our heavenly bed and guest service. We appreciate your valuable comments and sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Best regards,.
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

On business trip for 3 days and it was great place. Rooms are very spacious and very nice staff. The location of hotel is also in center.
Front desk extremely helpful in taking care of local language issues and setting up taxis.

Surely recommend this place.

Very nice breakfast spread.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BryanL34, Marketing at The Westin Taipei, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear DharmeshBangalore :
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are happy to know that you had a good time here and enjoyed our food and services. We sincerely look forward to seeing you in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I got the 8000twd per night executive superior guest room with access to the executive lounge. Room 1111. Upon entering the room, found 2 long strands of hair in bath tub and a non-working remote. Also the room is painfully small. I am currently living in Hong Kong, so my tolerance of small space is pretty up there. And whatever "executive" room they put me in is definitely not worth the money. I have stayed in other westins and never had an issue with the size of the room before. Requested to switch to a bigger room, but was told need to put up 520twd more per night for the "executive deluxe" room. Forget it, I'll keep my money and just never stay here again. My company (large international bank) booked this for me and it's a preferred hotel, but I will definitely have a word with our head of corporate travel about putting staff in the westin in Taipei. Better off to stay with shangri la or Hyatt. Only good thing is the walkable distance to office.
Also had a bite to eat in the cafe on ground floor, took 40 min for my club sandwich to arrive. When asked, the waiter said the bread was being baked. Really? Cus my sandwich was cold!
Another is about the housekeeping. Which is not just with this westin but with all other westins I stayed at. They r def not the "above and beyond" kinda when it comes to cleaning ur room. The clothes on my chair are never folded. The toiletries clutter r not arranged. It's just small things like that would really put a smile on my face after a long day at the office.
My spouse came to visit me and I told him he can visit the lounge when I'm at work and enjoy the complimentary snacks and drinks. However, this was denied by the executive lounge since he was not a registered hotel guest and needed to pay 1000twd or something like that for lounge access. A little flexibility would really have gone the long way. I'm not asking for him and I to be at the lunge at the same time. Just him taking my place while I'm at work till late. The lounge finished food service at 8pm and I'm never back from the office before 8pm to enjoy it.
Anyways. The hotel did have some good sides too. Like the girl at the lounge made a hot Lemon honey water for me in the morning when she heard me walking in with a cough. Very sweet and attentive. However, with all the other negative sides, the hot lemon honey seems a little too little too late.
Will try to avoid westin in the future. For the money they charge, they should really offer more to accommodate their corporate guests.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear sir :
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. Your valuable feedback is important to us, such as clothes folding issue. The service standard is only when clothes on bed, however, this has to be put into our update profile.
We apologize again for all the inconvenience, and surely will keep bettering our services and facilities to make sure you have a better trip next time.

Newark, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

A great hotel in the middle of Taipei. Staff was warm and welcoming. Stayed on the executive floor. The room was great! Spacious, very clean, comfortable bed. The lounge had great breakfast selection without the crowd. The hotel was recently renovated and just made it a great place to stay. The gym was not too impressive, could use some expanding. But overall great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BryanL34, Marketing at The Westin Taipei, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Cherish R :
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.
We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time here and enjoyed our service.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you in the near future.