“Howard Plaza Like Getting Home”

Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei
Ranked #82 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Howard Plaza many times and most recently September 23-28, 2013. After a total time of 27 hours of traveling, when the taxi pulled into the welcoming Howard courtyard entrance I could not hold back a broad smile and thinking, "This is like coming home". I was travel weary and the excellent staff took care of everything. I found myself seated comfortably in the lobby and welcomed to the hotel by a staff that seemed genuinely pleased that I chose the Howard. As I left the comfort of the reception area I decided to stop in the Seven Scholars lounge to have a much awaited Taiwan Beer before going to my room, knowing full well my luggage would be carefully placed at a comfortable height in my room when I got there. To my delight I was placed on the top floor where the rooms have recently undergone an "Amazing Makeover". I had a large comfortable King Size Bed and a seating area with a couch, coffee table (which had a complimentary welcoming plater of assorted fruit), two comfortable chairs and an ottoman. I also found a desk with phone and Internet cable (although not needed as WiFi is available throughout the hotel), and good lighting for working. Now I not only felt like I was home, but I also had everything I need for an office including stationery with my name prominently placed beneath the letterhead and on the envelopes that were included showing my status as a Howard guest. The remodeled bathroom was superb! A huge tub a corner shower with plenty of racks to easily hold all the complimentary bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. All other amenities you could ever want were carefully placed on a sliding rack drawer beneath the sink. Beautiful ceramic tile covered all the walls and floor. The roomy sink top was an attractive color and had plenty of room to store the things I like to keep on the sink. this was the first time I stayed in one of the Howard's newly remolded rooms and was pleasantly surprised. After a quick shower, I hit the bed for some much anticipated sleep. Wow! The most comfortable pillows in memory!! Just like being in my own bed at home. Breakfast at the Howard comes in many shapes and sizes. Buffet with every flavor and taste you may desire. Again the staff were very attentive and anticipated refills of my coffee with exacting timing. although I could have sat there and read through one of the many complimentary newspapers available, I did come to Taipei to work. However, I knew that after work I could go back to the Howard and slip into the comfort of the Scholars Lounge and relax and meet other guests. The Scholars Lounge has been described as "comfortable as being in your living room." I worked out on the 4th floor at the health Spa complete with Sauna, Steam and a wonderful "Quiet Room" where you can power nap after your workout. Did I mention the many floors of shopping available at te Howard? Make sure you check out the basement shops...wonderful. MRT station very close and a concierge that assisted with the many requests I had for writing out instructions for the taxi driver when I didn't use the MRT. There may be many hotels in Taipei to choose from, but when I come to town the Howard Plaza is the only place for me, because it is like home with a different family.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor. Elevators are very efficient.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rommond M
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei and taking your valuable time to post your generous feedback. It is really gratifying to receive your kind review on Tripadvisor.

We deeply appreciate your endorsement. Your comment has been conveyed to our associates. Your encouragement and kindness are motivations that keep us moving forward.

Meanwhile, we would like to thank you for your loyalty. We value your continued patronage and appreciate your confidence in us. Having the opportunity to serve you is something we are grateful.

We look forward to welcoming your next visit soon.

There are newer reviews for Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel three times this past spring. I have never encountered a staff so friendly and concerned about the quality of my stay. I travel for a living, so I experience many hotels, and the Howard Plaza really stands out. My room was an efficient two-room suite and very comfortable. The hotel bar is friendly and right off the lobby. The gym is spacious, well-equipped and well-lit. While I didn't explore them, there is a whole gallery of shops also on the property. The breakfast buffet was excellent, too. A big priority for me is a quiet, comfortable room, and the Howard Plaza really delivers on this. Comfortable beds, and a well-appointed bathroom. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei and taking your time to share your feedback with us. It is appreciated.

It is our pleasure that our room condition and service have met your satisfaction. As a leading Five-star hotel in Taiwan, we always try to deliver the best service to our guests. Reading kind reviews from guests is just a great encouragement to us, as well as the motivation that keeps us moving forward.

Once again, thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to your next visit to our premises soon, and serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Probably the only hotel with a swimming pool in Da'an district, though the pool is quite small and only good for leisure play. The hotel property is a bit old but equipped with a reasonably decent gym, a 3-storey shopping arcade and a good variety of restaurants. Food and services at the Japanese restaurant are value-for-money. Rooms are well-maintained and reasonably spacious for a 3-star to 4-star hotel. Access to shopping areas, trendy hair salon, cafe, gourmet restaurants and subway are within walking distance. Neighbourhood is family-friendly as the area characterised by medium- to up-scale residential buildings. A good choice if you want to stay away from bustle and hustle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 852NeverSleeps
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei and taking your valuable time to share your feedback with us. It is appreciated.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. Your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Meanwhile, your review has been conveyed to all related departments. We always aim to provide a high quality service and exceptional experience to all guests. We are really glad to know that you were satisfied with our service and Japanese cuisine.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The staff of this hotel are wonderful and accommodating--everyone we met was very friendly and professional. The room was average size, i stayed in a Standard King, but its dated. The location is fantastic--convenient to MRT, SoGo and many other shops. The room was quiet and there is a turn down service in the evening. Depending on the room, the view may not be optimal but that a tradeoff for its location.
There is also excellent restaurants, bakery and boutique shops located on the property, and it has an excellent buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: There is renovation being undertaken at this hotel, so be sure to get a room on a floor where the re...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ixchel27
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei and sharing your comment with us. It is our pleasure that our guest enjoy our service and restaurants. We appreciate your valuable review.

Your review has been conveyed to all related departments. At the Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, we strive to put our guests at the center of everything we do. Offering the best service is our commitment, and we will surely keep everything up.

Meanwhile, we noticed that you mentioned our restaurants. At the hotel, we have 8 restaurants which offer different cuisines. Please come and enjoy our authentic gourmet while your next trip.

Once again, we value your support pretty much, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

As a senior meeting professional, international hotel property selection is my number one job. The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei was the selected property for the 2013 International Study Tour for the State Street Bank Cohort (40 students). The hotels staff upon arrival to departure was excellent, the rooms were immaculate. The variety of choices during breakfast and dinner were more than we could hope for. The location for my group was the best, 5 -10 minute walk to shops and local eateries or just a 5-8 minute ride in a cab to most everywhere. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the General Manager and his senior sales and marketing team for making this a trip a success.
Thomas Matlock, CGMP – Society of Government Meeting Professionals

Room Tip: I upgraded to a junior suite and it was beautiful, and worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Thomas M
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to personally let you know how gratifying it was to receive your kind comments. We have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the other members of the team.

Your comments were visibly heartening. We deeply appreciate your professional
endorsement especially when it comes from someone who is a professional and an authority in the International Hotel Property business.

We value your patronage and appreciate your confidence in us. We look forward to many more years of working with you, and wish you and your organization the success that it deserves.

The Management

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel was a bit old but the staff are pretty helpful and friendly. The housekeeping ladies are so attentive and always with smiles with courtesy.
The breakfast choices are good enough for business travellers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CharlesLittlewhite
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei and sharing the kind comment with us. It is appreciated.

Your review has been conveyed to all related departments. We always aim to provide a high quality service and exceptional experience to all guests. We are really glad to know that you were satisfied with our service.

Once again, thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm in Taipei typically 3 to 4 times a year on business and stay at the Howard Plaza each time. The staff treats guests with courtesy, respect and care. Rooms are constantly updated, clean and well maintained. Food on premises is both good and fairly priced. It's only a 5 minute walk to the excellent food court at the Sogo department store and the MRT station for easy transportation around the city. Business service at the Rosewood club is exceptional, forgot my business cards on a recent trip and the receptionist at the Rosewood Club took my last card when I checked in and had a newly printed (better than the original) stack ready for me when I came down for breakfast the next morning! I work very hard in Taipei so unwinding in the evening in the Seven Scholars Lounge is always a pleasure, have met interesting folks from all over the world there, several of which I am still in touch with.

Room Tip: The small additional fee for the Rosewood Club gets you an excellent breakfast, hors d'oeuvres a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Perry S
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei and taking your time to share such a wonderful comment with us. It is appreciated.

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your loyalty. We always aim to provide a high quality service and exceptional experience to our guests. It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay here. Your review really encourages our team. We will keep making effort on everything to ensure all guests that enjoy their time with us.