“Meet My Expectation”
Review of Regent Taipei

Regent Taipei
Ranked #21 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is my first stay in Regent Taipei for holiday, as I always stay in Royal Taipei which is a 5 mins walking distance. The moment you step in to the hotel, you can feel the classic 5 Stars ambiance. Service was excellent throughout my stay.

In addition, room is modern and the bed is very comfy just nice to my liking. What surprised me is that they also prepared amenities for my 2 years old daughter such as mini sandal, mini shower robe and etc.

I loves their breakfast with huge varieties that can satisfy any nationalities. Food qualities is really up to the standard. Although the restaurant is full during breakfast, good service from the staff is not neglected.

Location is very convenient as always and easy reach to anywhere in Taipei. Would consider to stay here again for my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear Ivan_Boey:

Thank you very much for your valuable comment and so glad that you enjoyed your time here. Your comments will be shared with the team.

There are newer reviews for Regent Taipei

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The Regent Taipei did not disappoint. It is a modern hotel with beautiful decor, attentive and helpful staff, high end stores, and nice restaurants. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. The bathroom was big, and bright w/ nice amenities. Robes and slippers were provided, as well as coffee, tea and water. We had the breakfast buffet during our staying and enjoyed it very much. We also tried the bar, and the Azie Cafe and we were happy w/ both places. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Deba2010:

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Spent a week at the Regent as part of a business trip. A spacious room as would be expected. Comfortable and impeccably clean. Huge breakfast buffet cooked to every taste. Mind that the breakfast restaurant tends to get crowded around 9 am. Quality of service as I would expect from a true *****.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
19  Thank Yuri K

Dear GraemeL:

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I normally stay at the Grand Hyatt Taipei for business convenience reasons, but as I had a weekend in between meetings I wanted to try the Regent.

The Regent has a reputation, much like the Peninsula in Hong Kong or the Raffles in Singapore - of times past, when there was only one luxury Hotel in town. Now there are many. New players in Taipei such as Mandarin Oriental and W Hotels are game-changers for the high end market.

Good

In general, from a guest angle, the service quality and attention to details, the Regent scores highly.

However, as a general observation the higher that you go up in the hotel, the higher the service level. This is a hotel which aims at quality, service and providing a guest experience.

Everybody on the 19th Floor Taipan Club level where I stayed performed excellently, making a visible effort to please, especially in the Taipan lounge and at the Taipan breakfast.

On arrival, a list of exclusive Taipan services was listed on a personally addressed letter left on my desk. By the end of the stay I noted that all of the Taipan services were ticked off, and so this isn't a list of empty promises.

The inclusive suit-pressing, shoes shine and return were perfect. Evening cocktails and canapés at the Club's lounge were somewhere quiet to escape the crowd, before a night out.

Even at the lobby, at the Circular Driveway, the front-line guys overseeing more mundane things like ordering taxis and collecting luggage were perfectly co-ordinated and worked as a team of 2 - offering quality customer service in their own way.

The Regent is a happening place. On Friday night, a black tie event was held for Chanel, an in-house shop, complete with Taiwan glitterati and pop stars, arriving limos, creating a buzz in the foyer. On Saturday night, a live trio in the atrium crooning Jazz and Beach Boys classics with bass and saxophone was one of the best live performances I've seen, and shouldn't be missed.

Bad

I tried the main hotel breakfast in the morning - this was very efficient, and Taipan Club guests get their own private seating area, with more comfortable seats, separate from the main dining area. However, you might also find it more chaotic here - the Taipan Club lounge on the 19th Floor offers a select sub-menu of the Main Buffet providing ample choices which you can eat in Club lounge comfort. The difference is like traveling in Coach or traveling in Business.

The gym is adequate but not flash. The decor is probably late 90s. The machines, aside from the cardio also dates from that era - white awkward and clunky, rather than ergonomic and streamlined. Earphones aren't sterilized. They should send a spy to the Grand Hyatt Taipei's remodeled gym to take notes on what today's guests want.

Ugly

I think that it's in the building's basement that the hotel has room for improvement.

In the last hour of my stay I had one upsetting experience. Here, I was visiting the Regent Galleria, an exclusive shopping centre in the hotel's basement floors. It has every luxury label you can imagine starting from Chanel and Hermes, ending with Valentino.

I was interested to purchase some art displayed by a local artist. I also saw some floral displays which looked like what Joyce Boutique does in Hong Kong. Taking photos of such subjects on an iPhone is a compliment to the hotel and the artist; and not a crime.

I was therefore surprised to be approached and shouted at in Mandarin and English that "no photos were allowed" by a Galleria security staff member. I found his manner, conduct and tone offensive. Seething, I stopped taking photos, as the guard threatened to make a scene, and here I was in the middle of Taipei's ground zero for luxury. I made a written complaints procedure with the hotel - hopefully they are read guest complaints.

All in all, a generally very good experience marred by a bad one. However, from a guest angle it's normally always the bad experiences that are retained.

Stars have been deducted for this review as a result.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank ShanghaiDeco
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We checked in July 24, 2014, we stayed at the Regent Hotel for 9 nights. I cannot express my feelings enough about this hotel and the staff, superior!!!!!
They honestly do go out of their way to make you feel so welcome, so cared for, so loved.
A special special special thanks to Jamie Lin ( Duty Manager ).
Jamie Lin, I want to thank you for all the wonderful attention you put in our stay during July 24 till August 2,2014 ( room 1537 ).
We will for sure return to Taipei and only stay at the Regent Hotel.
Please each and everyone that is reading my review, I do advise you to try all the restaurants that are at the Regent Hotel because each Resturant has it's own special touch...

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Captainyellowblue

Dear Captainye:

Thank you very much for your valuable comment for our associate Jamie and so glad that you enjoyed your time here. Your comments will be shared with the team.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were lucky enough to get upgraded from a standard room to a suite and were thrilled with the spaciousness of it, as well as the lovely views. Everything was high tech, and even the toilet was something special; one of those fancy bidet-type things.
Although the Tvs were large flat screens, no hd television channels were available; quite strange for a five star establishment.
The beds were okay, but slightly too hard for our liking, but in all, it was a very pleasant stay indeed.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Graeme L

Dear GraemeL:

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I lost my business iPhone during my 2nd stay at the Regent Hotel in Taipei. I couldn't remember if I left the phone in a taxi or at a gift shop that I visited on my last evening in Taipei. The women at the front desk of the Regent Hotel went above and beyond and managed to locate my iPhone. They made numerous phone calls to the store as well as to the central taxi dispatch company trying to locate my phone. They also made a overseas phone call to my business IT help desk so that I could have my iPhone deactivated to prevent someone from making international phone calls on the phone.

When I returned to my hotel room the evening that I lost my phone, I was greeted with a plate of cupcakes with "Cheer Up" written in chocolate and the nicest note of encouragement from the 3 women from the front desk who were trying to locate the iPhone for me.

I left the hotel the next morning to return to the USA, but the women at the hotel did not give up and they located the taxi driver, who returned by iPhone to the hotel. Claire emailed me to notify me that my iPhone had been located. My company manager returned to the hotel after I left and he brought the iPhone back to the USA to me. The hotel staff would have shipped the phone back to me if he had not been at the hotel.

During my 2 stays at the Regent Hotel in Taipei, Taiwan, during July, 2014, the entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. I am extremely satisfied and will gladly recommend this hotel to colleagues in the future. I commend the staff on their excellent service, especially Claire, Gabby and Jurate, for their kindness and determnation to locate my iPhone. Besides business correspondence, the iPhone contains photos of my visit to Taiwan and well as to Jordan during my business trip. The photos can't be replaced, and thankfully are no longer lost.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are well appointed
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business