“Alwyas My first choice”

Ranked #21 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
los angeles
“Alwyas My first choice”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

After my husband and I stayed at the Regent Taipei last June, we just can't go anywhere else anymore. For those 7 nights we've stayed, we've gotten fresh fruit every day, we ate almost all of them. And every time we've came back from outing a new plate of fresh fruit was on the coffee table. Wow! It really felt good... And they were good and fresh ones. When back in January earlier this year and stayed for another 6 nights when visited with my girl friend, she was just as impressed as we were.

When my husband and I were in Taiwan 6 weeks ago, we stayed at another hotel/service apt due to May 3 Labor Day weekend and couldn't get all 6 nights at the Regent Taipei. Boy oh boy!! What a big difference! We kept looking at the Regent Taipei across the street from where we were at ... Just kept looking.... We've all decided if we come back in Oct/Nov this year, we will definitely make sure we get to stay at Regent Taipei. ONLY.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank veggieham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here first time on a business trip. Very conveniently located and friendly hotel staff. Right in the heart of the city - near transportation, shopping, restaurants, and all the fun Taipei stuff. Highly recommend the spa services - I always go to Emily but everyone is great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank karen d
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Very friendly and special thanks to the conciërge supervisor, Olivia Feng! Thanks for the arrangements you made. The food was great. Location is central for all kind of touristic tours to make. Also the wellness I can advice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Roel M
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,582 helpful votes
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Ageing hotel located off Zhongshan N. Rd, about 500m from the mrt, and fairly readily accessible from the airport bus service (although one needs to leave plenty of time to get to the airport if using that route, otherwise pay 1000 TWD for the taxi). Good view over the adjacent park. Small pool on the roof. Free wifi. Nice enough breakfast but quality of the experience on the weekend was somewhat diminshed by the hordes of people: surprisingly high occupancy. Seemed to be better during the week with not so many people at breakfast. Main downside here was a series of random stomping noises from some elephants staying in the room above, and a random phonecall in the middle of the night on the last night of my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here on several occasions, and I have found this to be the best hotel in Taipei. I always book a Taipan (club floor) room, the extras that come with this are incredible. From the meet and greet at the entrance by the butler service, to the extraordinary personal service in the club lounge, in my experience has not been surpassed by any other hotel in Taipei. The staff in this hotel are exceptional. The down side, the cost, it's also expensive. Also I had to give lessons on how to mix a martini in the club lounge. The cocktail hour goes for 3 hours, but I was in lounge for 4 hours and drinks and snacks were still available. There are a lot of additional services available, massages, spa, etc but all at extra cost. The hotel can arrange a pick up from the airport on arrival and for departure, OR they are 15 minutes walk from the train station there is a good bus/train system from the airport. A small note for the hotel management, my limo driver from the hotel to the airport took the wrong turn twice while following the gps in the car, and I had to give him directions on how to get to the airport. Not sure want went wrong. If you have the cash to splash then stay here and enjoy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BigRuss1213
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in April 2014, with my wife. The staff attitude was outstanding, very helpful. The concierge was one of the best at her service. The room was very clean and convenient, arranged for us twice a day!! superior breakfast with excellent variety of dining choices. Great location, near the M.T.R. Truly recommended!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike I
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Mike I:

Thank you very much for your valuable comment and so glad that you enjoyed your time here. Your comments will be shared with the team.

Sincerely we look forward to serving you again soon.

Warm regards,
Morton
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had stayed in the Grand Formosa Regent hotel this month.
Everything was perfect, location is very good, you can find a metro staion near by the hotel , the hotel has their own shopping mall underground. Actually the staff was very kind and just ready to meet guests' expectations. I had used the executive lounge, 19th floor for a few days, they are very efficient staff and very well trained, especially I want to say thank you to "Jacob" who gave me a good information for the city tour and some shopping list that I had.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank kim20111111
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear kim201111:

Sincerely we look forward to serving you again soon.

Warm regards,