“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
VA
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Brief stay on business but was very nice. The management was helpful especially with construction still going on in lobby. Breakfast was the best! Nice rooms and nice staff. Would stay again! The shops in lobby are phenomenal as well as the mall! Very high end!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank withoutscreenname
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for posting your comments on an "Excellent Stay" we trust that we sill see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at the Regent during a business trip last December. The staff at the Regent were very friendly and helpful. We especially liked Olivia Feng at the concierge for helping us to plan our evening activities and making our stay there memorable. Olivia helped us take a picture of my colleagues and I when we left for our year-end party sitting on my desk at work.

The hotel was overall very clean with great facilities. We especially liked the location (close to a lot of stores, the MRT, and the night market).

The only problem that I had at the Regent was being asked to sign a "payment receipt" every morning with breakfast. Even though I always told them that my meal was included with my stay - for some reason the restaurant staff wouldn't listen to me. Otherwise - the foot & restaurant was great.

1 Thank Gabriel_B78
Thank you for posting your comment "Great Staff at the Regent" and for giving a special mention to Olivia on our Concierge desk, she is indeed a real star on the team.
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was staying there on my birthday and also joint my best friend who are there for his bro's wedding hosting inside the hotel.

Upon check in, very busy at counter and no one care you are waiting with kids. After 20 minutes, check in done and surprisingly, no one care to say happy birthday to you as courtesy.

We have also asked for an extra bed for the kids but they were advised none is available. I need to ask them to further check instead telling me NO all the time, they finally arrange one after 45 mins in my room.

It was raining almost everyday during my trip and everytime when I was about to go out for a walk, all umbrellas at bell outside are gone and they just showing you to ask the concierge counter. You need to complaint and they will get you one( it could be a broken one as I got one on the first day )

The worse part is the Cafe, its just like a market and we were sitting by the tall Xmas tree on the first day. Booking someone only include one breakfast so I would like to order a la carte instead. The waitress told me that we can't order a la carte until they bring in a senior waitress who came with a menu and a long face. No greetings and smile and we feel like we were bothering them. She was just standing there, holding her pen and paper. Am i in the 5 stars hotel and I would say the local restaurant 's service is far better. Food are even taken from the buffet table.

The best are only the aunties of housekeeping department that they are so efficient and working with a heart. Truly thankful to them who are always smiling and helping out.

I have wrote a long email to the customer service attention to the general manager on 24/12, but so far, no reply from anyone which is another disappointment.

Reference: booked via Agoxx.com, 14-17 dec.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Poonaaa
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Apologies for the issues that have caused your disappointment with us and we do appreciate that you have highlighted our Housekeeping team. We did receive your email on the 26th Dec and I personally replied to your hotmail email address. Please let me know if there is another email address that I can forward my original reply. It could be possible that my reply went to your spam box so let me know and I will be pleased to re-send it to you.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Spacious rooms, lovely deep bath, free rooftop pool and a fabulous buffet breakfast all made this a good option for a relaxing stay, despite the incessant rain outside. Good location too, close to stations, shops and restaurants. The only downside was the lighting - far too dim in the rooms for reading, and made the public areas feel dingy, and in some cases downright dangerous - they really need to fix the "hidden" step in the lobby rather than have someone stand permanently by it pointing it out to visitors. And the uneven, poorly lit staircase down to the road is lethal on a wet night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we are pleased that you enjoyed our fabulous buffet. Your comments regarding lighting have been noted and we can certainly review the areas of concern mentioned. Please let me know the next time you will be visitng so that I can assist with your reservation details.
Many thanks
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Regent Taipei has always been my first choice when I pay a visit. Have been staying here for several times, and the biggest reason that makes it my first choice is the wonderful director, Joan Tsai, on 3F. Being familiar with all my routines, Joan is always ready to serve and provide the most instant help at my need. This is a special shout out for Joan and thanks for being such a caring and thoughtful person.

1 Thank JeannieTsuei
Thank you for always making us your first choice in Taipei and for your special recognition of Joan Tsai who takes very special care of all her customers in Silks House. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was on a business trip with my parents and stayed in Regent for 2 nights. The room was excellent, with comfortable fluffy pillows and just-right bed sheets (sometimes the hotel ones are so thick you get too warm in them). The location was convenient with the nearest railway station just within 5 minutes walk. The concierge was helpful; I stopped by to ask the directions to a store, and the lady at the concierge was helpful at giving the directions, and even made the initiative to call the store to make sure it is still open (it was in the evening). However, the service at the taxi stand can definitely be improved. Told the staff I was going to a certain place, he helped us called a taxi, and when we got on he told us the place was actually just around the corner (like a 2 minutes walk) and then slammed the door in our face. If he told us earlier we could have just walked there and save some time and money. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I definitely recommend it anyone coming over to Taipei!

1 Thank stykut
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your post "Pleasant Stay" and for the recognition of the Concierge team who assisted you. We have noted your comments for improving our service on the Taxi stand and our Chief Concierge, Alex, has already spoken with the team. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We do look forward to welcoming you again in the near future; just drop me a line before your next visit so that we can look after you and your parents.