“Perfect stay”
Review of Regent Taipei

Regent Taipei
Ranked #499 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice renovated facilities,very comfortable, very good location. I stayed there in 2002 & 2013, same fact : everything is made to satisfy the customer.Excellent overall experience at the Regent which is a nice and convenient place for business travellers.

1  Thank Guillaume C
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Guillaume C
We are pleased to see after many years that you have come back to stay with us again and that overall you had an excellent experience. I hope it is not too long before we see you again.
Morton Johnston

Write a ReviewReviews (2,535)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great, spacious rooms with all you need for a comfortable stay. Excellen room service. The rooms are very quiet and offer enough room for early morning exercises e.g. Yoga.

Only the DVD-System did not work with the TV set. AC is so loud that people who are not used to it (Germans !) need to switch it off over night - no problem !

Breakfast was really excellent. The food court offers a wide selection of delicious dishes, e.g. soups, fruits, musli and bakery items.

Room Tip: I have not used the Spa. Higher floors have less AC unit noise and a very nice view over Taipeh.
1  Thank Gabriel S
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Gabriel S
Thank you for appreciating our spacious rooms, excellent room service and for highlighting the excellent breakfast which offers a wide selection of dishes. Hopefully the next time you come to Taipei you will have an opportunity to try the Spa. Do let me know when you will be returning so that I can take care of your room allocation on a higher floor. Once again many thanks and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked for 4 nights which turned out to be 7 nights when the super typhoon hit Taiwan and there were no flights out.
The hotel is very comfortable, there are lots of eating places; some are very expensive by Western standards - but if you can give the US imported steak a miss (it must have travelled first class to justify the price) there is a daily buffet with a huge choice of fish and meat and also a coffeeshop / restaurant with a good menu of local and international dishes. If you order any of the local stews, the portions are substantial.
I had a well appointed room which offered enough space to work, I enjoyed my fresh fruit which was replenished on a daily basis. Breakfast was outstanding - from muesli to every sort of exotic breakfast dish ..... it was there. Every staff member I dealt with was friendly and very happy to help. Service in the restaurants was efficient, too.
I didn't sample the night life of Taipei, I cannot comment on the vicinity as far as bars are concerned. There are a number of restaurants if you want to give the hotel a miss.
Getting a taxi in the morning was never a problem, I picked the hotel because it was convenient for the office but I would come again even if I worked in a different location. .
Taxis in Taipei are not expensive if you want to go anywhere in the evening. I checked out of the hotel before 04:00 am, my taxi was waiting and so was a breakfast box with freshly made sandwiches, fruit and water.
The hotel is busy - while I was there, there was a property fair selling houses in Croatia, there were fashion shows and marketing events for cosmetic companies. Having said that, it was never a problem to get a table for dinner and I never felt overwhelmed by people,

Room Tip: Tai Pan rooms give you access to a dedicated lounge. I spent my first 4 nights on the 10th floor - r...
1  Thank ACL3112

Dear ACL3112
Thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments. We were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and will come back to visit in the future. The hotel is indeed busy as we have popular banqueting venues and restaurants. Our breakfast is renowned in the city and we thank you for highlighting that it was outstanding. Do send me an email when you next intend to come to Taipei.
All the best for now.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel had excellent facilities at the gym as well as a mall. very comfortable and spacious accomodation. Had a very comfortable stay. the banquet facilities was also very good with excellent food service. The hotel is well located with plenty of parks and shopping centres being easily accessible.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nasser M
Morton_Johnston, General Manager at Regent Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Nasser M
Thank you for posting your very positive comments regarding your stay with us. The hotel is centrally located and well placed to meet the needs of both business and leisure travelers. Do let me know in advance if you have any future plans to come to Taipei and hope to see you again soon.
Morton.johnston@fihregent.com

Reviewed July 12, 2013

overall, I was dissatisfied, mainly because there were many smokers in the hotel–even though it is a "smoke-free" environment.
the hotel is far away from the better night life in Tapei, so be prepared to take a taxi everywhere.
The staff, however, did its best to accommodate me for finding a room that had no smoke "smell".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank James M

Dear James M
It was unfortunate that there was a smell of smoke in your room. Our Housekeeping team have been briefed to let our Duty Manager’s know of smoking issues in order to give a personal reminder to our guests regarding the non-smoking policy in rooms. We also make them aware of our smoking room available on the lobby floor. Please let me know if you will be back in Taipei soon so that I can take care of your booking arrangements personally. Thanks for taking the time to post your comments and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The staff were extremely attentive and professional throuhout my visit for both my personal and business needs. The room was beautiful, well-laid out, and very clean.

I checked in very late and was greeted at the front door, escorted to my room and the check-in process was handled there.

2  Thank jbrown8592

Dear jbrown8592
Many thanks for your comments on first class service, which was greatly appreciated by all on the Regent team. Please do let us know the next time you intend to return.
All the best for now.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Conveniently located at the Chung Shan district, one of the best district in Taipei, it is about five minutes walk from subway station. There are many up scale shops and café nearby, while there are also many affordable restaurants within walking distance.

It is a relatively large hotel, with 6 elevators serving guest rooms. There is also a shopping arcade in the basement, and underground parking. Main restaurants are located on ground floor and basement. Lobby is grand and staff is attentive in general. Guestroom corridor is a bit dark. I stayed in a corner room, which is spacious with windows on two adjacent sides. However, table tops in the washroom is relatively small given the room size. Toilet room has no door. Shower room is big enough and water pressure strong enough. Wardrobe lights turned on itself when you open the door. General lighting is dark in the room. Temperature control is easy. The bed and quilt, however, are comfortable. TV channels are reasonably sufficient.

The breakfast in the basement provides a wide variety of choices, from mainly Taiwan food to Japanese style, and western. I also visited the club floor for breakfast, and it provides quite enough selections too. I tried the evening buffet dinner in the same restaurant in basement. A good wide range of selection and good quality of food for a reasonable price. I also tried the lobby restaurant which provides a reasonable level of snacks and hot food but is very busy.

Overall it is a good 5 star hotel in a nice district.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLau888

Dear CLau888
Many thanks for your detailed description of the Regent Taipei and surrounding area. Our location is indeed very convenient and the surrounding shops and restaurants make it a popular choice for both business and leisure travelers. We continue to upgrade the hotel facilities and currently we have planned to enhance our corridor image with new carpet and lighting. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to see the changes. Please do let me know the next time you will be visiting Taipei and we trust we will have another opportunity to provide you with another comfortable and pleasant stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments and hope to see you soon again.